"Ahh got your Disney Sweatshirt on,cause of your 8 yr old?!" What?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
So I go to the doctor today and in the mist of talking about my health, we talk a bit about Disney,as we were getting ready to leave the room he spots my shirt and says "Ah you got your disney Sweat shirt on , cause of your 8yr old huh"? And he's smiling away, I laugh and tell him " No, we were Disney nuts way before we had kids, and once we did, we just brainwashed them into loving it as well" ! He just laughed... Great guy, but it is funny how some people assume you like disney cause you have kids and they think its "cute" I get a kick out of that!! Any one have any stories??? I know its been talked about but it is still comical, or the " well once the kids have outgrown disney I'm sure you won't go as much"!
Well I dont see it happening but if it does Thats more time for hubby and i to spend there and alot less money to spend on them!!!! Silly Adults!!!

jlsHouston

Everybody in my family and circle of friends just think I am nuts for visiting WDW so much this past year...except for DD's and DGD and DGS of course, my little travel partners!

Goofyernmost

I went to WDW 5 times while the kids were part of the scene. They grew up and I have since been to WDW 35 times and once to DLR. Guess it's not connected.

NewfieFan

I have a print of Mickey and Pluto hanging in my main entry way/hallway that I bought in WDW. One day I had family visiting from away and this was my first time meeting one of my cousin's girlfriend. She's an interior decorator and was complimenting me on my decorating tastes and home in general (it's a fairly new home that is still a work in progress). I started asking her for advice on house "stuff" and other artwork that I wanted. I pointed out the picture in the hallway and said we love Disney and whimsy. She said, "Well, Disney art is fine for this stage of your life while you have kids but you want pieces that will be timeless!" :eek: I stopped asking for her decorating advice... ;)

Pooh Lover

Oh, I've heard it all from everyone about the trips I take (WDW again?...what a waste for a trip to a theme park) to the Disney clothes I wear (aren't you a little old for Pooh and Mickey shirts?) to our choice of "Disney decor" in our home (geez, it looks like Roseanne's house in here.) I've gone thru spurts where some of the comments may have gotten to me and got me thinking, but then I realize this is who I am, what I like and I'm not about to change for these judgmental people who just obviously do not share my love of Disney. A love like this never dies! ;)

MissingDisney

On Halloween evening, we were passing out candy and my DH was wearing his Mickey Mouse Disney World sweatshirt from the last trip. A teenager smirked and said "Nice costume" glancing down at his sweatshirt. He responded "What costume?" and looked at him really serious, like he was offended. The kid just stared at him and then started attempting to apologize. I'm sure he didn't get as much as the Disney characters that visited our home that evening. :D

powlessfamily4

My boss thinks it is just hilarious that I am a Disney nut. He laughs and shakes his head all the time. This from a man who repeatedly jumps out of perfectly good airplanes... ;)

Raven66

I just attended a baby shower and the baby is going to be a girl. So I got her Minnie pacifiers and a Lady onesie. And someone said that they knew I would get something Disney for the baby. Every baby needs Disney stuff! :)

AndyS2992

I'm 20 and always wear Disney World shirts and hoodies around College. I've been branded the Disney guy lol No one has said anything bad to me about it :) Infact I'm sat in the college library wearing my blue 40 Years WDW hoodie right now, love it.

rufio

I just attended a baby shower and the baby is going to be a girl. So I got her Minnie pacifiers and a Lady onesie. And someone said that they knew I would get something Disney for the baby. Every baby needs Disney stuff! :)

This reminds me so much of my fiance and I! Every birthday and Christmas, DF and I head straight to Disneystore.com (or DTD) for all of the nieces and nephews. Hey, they're 5 and under! They appreciate it!

Matt7187

I used to wear lots of Disney stuff, but then I started to get made fun of because everyone is a jerk when you are 13, so I stopped wearing them… but still wear it every weekend! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom