• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Aggressive Park Guest!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
In recent weeks we've seen threads covering turnstile sagas and aggressive security encounters. We experienced our own "saga", and it involved another Guest.

Similar to @draybook experience, except another AP Guest was the issue.

We were entering Studios just after rope drop and the entrance lines were very long. We noticed the AP entrance (most of you know we avoid this entrance at all costs), so we moseyed on over. Another Guest (only one more party in front of her) informed us we couldn't use the AP line because "you don't have the AP Slider on your Band". We ignored her and continued up to scan in. She asked the Cast Member not to let us use the AP line, and showed her Magic Band, as well her Orange Slider (she hadn't even scanned her Band yet, as she was on a mission to make sure we couldn't use the privileged line). At that point, we moved past this Guest presented our AP Cards, and asked the Cast Member, "to make sure the lady behind us has her AP Card/ID as she's well versed the rules".

The Guest looked stunned and got really agitated, as she didn't have her AP Card with her. As we walked in to the Studio, we heard her explaining she wasn't required to have anything other than her Magic Band with Slider......It was hysterical!

Anyone have anything similar or any aggressive encounters with other Guests?

SirWillow

The Guest looked stunned and got really agitated, as she didn't have her AP Card with her. As we walked in to the Studio, we heard her explaining she wasn't required to have anything other than her Magic Band with Slider......It was hysterical!
And this is why passholders have a not so nice nickname among many CM's (remove the d and r from passholder and you get the idea) and why I was very hesitant to wear my passholder band on my magic band on my last trip. and didn't most days.

Passholders can be some of the best, friendliest, most informative and helpful guests. But they can also be the most obnoxious, know it all, priviledge demanding pain in the rears.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I wear my little DVC slider thing but not passholder one because the DVC one is a great conversation piece for when you meet other members in line or on the monorail or whatever. What's funny about this thread is that when they first announced special lines for passholders I was like "Sweet!" and then when I saw what that line seems to always look like we often get in quicker by NOT using it. My wife gets so mad when I decide to go through that line because she will go to her grave believing it is always the slowest line. LOL!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

And this is why passholders have a not so nice nickname among many CM's (remove the d and r from passholder and you get the idea) and why I was very hesitant to wear my passholder band on my magic band on my last trip. and didn't most days.

Passholders can be some of the best, friendliest, most informative and helpful guests. But they can also be the most obnoxious, know it all, priviledge demanding pain in the rears.
We had a CM helping us when our AP magic bands weren't working at the turnstiles (shocker I know) and this lady came over and got SUPER belligerent with her and she said "Ma'am I'm helping these guests and I'll be right with you" and she just kept insisting that they had supposedly been there for like 15min needing help and all that and maybe it was true and maybe it wasn't but that CM just approached us and was trying to help and that woman started screaming that she would "put it all over social media and ruin Disney's name on there" and blah, blah, blah. The CM was really professional and you could tell that it wasn't her fist rodeo in dealing with idiots. The woman wasn't even a passholder but was insisting on the woman leaving the passholder line and coming to her. I've seen so much entitlement at Disneyworld that I literally just expect it as much as I expect pixie dust really.

Tick Tock

My daughter got run over by a soccer mom (no offense to moms of kids who play soccer) on our way to Slinky Dog Dash- and my daughter is a 5'10", 19 year old college student. and then she tried to push her.... it almost got very ugly....
Wait, the mom tried to push her for being run over by her? I sense someone with anger issues.

" How dare you let me run over you. Take that!"

scorp16

I’ve told this one before.....but I like it

Me and the family get on the bus at POR heading toward MK. A woman is obviously irritated that I’m trying to get on a very crowded bus. After she goes through a bit of a passive aggressive phase she looks at me and says “you know that this is the bus that’s dropping off, not picking up, right?”

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster

We don't wear slider.....not sure what make peeps think that way, or get that gleam in their eyes.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
We had a CM helping us when our AP magic bands weren't working at the turnstiles (shocker I know) and this lady came over and got SUPER belligerent with her and she said "Ma'am I'm helping these guests and I'll be right with you" and she just kept insisting that they had supposedly been there for like 15min needing help and all that and maybe it was true and maybe it wasn't but that CM just approached us and was trying to help and that woman started screaming that she would "put it all over social media and ruin Disney's name on there" and blah, blah, blah. The CM was really professional and you could tell that it wasn't her fist rodeo in dealing with idiots. The woman wasn't even a passholder but was insisting on the woman leaving the passholder line and coming to her. I've seen so much entitlement at Disneyworld that I literally just expect it as much as I expect pixie dust really.
We MUST have seen the same lady at Guest Services this week. We were inside waiting and there was a woman loudly stating " you're the 5th person I've been to", and "no, I won't go to ticketing, they sent me in here", and, of course, "We're trying to spend $2,000 on APs and none of you will take our money".......

winstongator

In recent weeks we've seen threads covering turnstile sagas and aggressive security encounters. We experienced our own "saga", and it involved another Guest.

Similar to @draybook experience, except another AP Guest was the issue.

We were entering Studios just after rope drop and the entrance lines were very long. We noticed the AP entrance (most of you know we avoid this entrance at all costs), so we moseyed on over. Another Guest (only one more party in front of her) informed us we couldn't use the AP line because "you don't have the AP Slider on your Band". We ignored her and continued up to scan in. She asked the Cast Member not to let us use the AP line, and showed her Magic Band, as well her Orange Slider (she hadn't even scanned her Band yet, as she was on a mission to make sure we couldn't use the privileged line). At that point, we moved past this Guest presented our AP Cards, and asked the Cast Member, "to make sure the lady behind us has her AP Card/ID as she's well versed the rules".

Anyone have anything similar or any aggressive encounters with other Guests?
Wouldn’t a cm be able to scan your band and see your ticket/passholder status? I find the cards somewhat inconvenient (but they are in my edc) and really enjoy when I can go to the parks with just my phone & band. When I didn’t have a card (renewed online) I’d pull up the ticket profile on my phone and show it for discounts.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Wouldn’t a cm be able to scan your band and see your ticket/passholder status? I find the cards somewhat inconvenient (but they are in my edc) and really enjoy when I can go to the parks with just my phone & band. When I didn’t have a card (renewed online) I’d pull up the ticket profile on my phone and show it for discounts.
I assume the CM can tell whether or not an AP has scanned, but remember, it was a GUEST that was having issue with us low lifes using the AP line. The GUEST was dancing around with her cute little Slider on her band! She did the equivalent of "grooving a fastball down the middle of the plate" when trying to get us removed from the AP line.... We played as we were extremely aloof, knowing we were going to pull out the AP card and show the CM....Had we known she did not have her AP card with her, we REALLY could have set it up to be even more entertaining!!

Additionally, if the system recognizes AP status when bands are scanned, the CM could boot peeps out of the line if they are not APs!! Doubt Disney would do that, but it is certainly techno-possible....

We have our Original AP card in our wallet....not that big of a hassle....we do like to go in to the Parks "lite", with just keys, wallet, DT poncho.....

Question - When renewing APs, do they issue a new card (I know you did not suggest they did)?

Last edited:

helenabear

I assume the CM can tell whether or not an AP has scanned, but remember, it was a GUEST that was having issue with us low lifes using the AP line. The GUEST was dancing around with her cute little Slider on her band! She did the equivalent of "grooving a fastball down the middle of the plate" when trying to get us removed from the AP line.... We played as we were extremely aloof, knowing we were going to pull out the AP card and show the CM....Had we known she did not have her AP card with her, we REALLY could have set it up to be even more entertaining!!

Additionally, if the system recognizes AP status when bands are scanned, the CM could boot peeps out of the line if they are not APs!! Doubt Disney would do that, but it is certainly techno-possible....

We have our Original AP card in our wallet....not that big of a hassle....we do like to go in to the Parks "lite", with just keys, wallet, DT poncho.....

Question - When renewing APs, do they issue a new card (I know you did not suggest they did)?
Yes they do issue new cards if you have to activate in person. You can always go to GS to get one too. Without it, you cannot get the discounts.

Top Bottom