Agent to Represent a Patent

InfiniteImaginator

Original Poster
I am an inventor working on a patent related to theme parks, I would like to sell to Disney but they are notoriously difficult to get in contact with. I am looking for any information that would lead me to a reputable agency that works with Disney so I could formally make a pitch. I would love to work with Disney first but if that is a no go I would also present to other theme park companies so general experience in the industry is preferable.

NickMaio

Good luck......everything at wdw is internal.
You would prob need a job first.

You could call casting and ask them. Start there.

InfiniteImaginator

Original Poster
The become an Imagineer route is a backup plan if no theme parks are interested in my technology as a product, but I am optimistic someone will bite. I am sure a good salesman with the right network could make it appear more like a sales presentation (I want to be a tech vendor) than just another unsolicited suggestion that goes straight to the circular file. I have no interest in pretending something Disney is building is my idea.

My feeler here is in hopes someone here is a technology partner of Disney or knows someone who has done deals with them so I can make that sales pitch. I may be able to network to other theme parks faster, but Disney would be the best client to land.

lazyboy97o

Unsolicited pitches are pretty much a non-starter.

The theme park industry churns out patents and is really good at getting around them. Dynamic Attractions, manufacturer of the Disney patented Soarin’ ride system, will sell anyone a flying theater. Oceaneering, manufacturer of Universal’s patented Spider-Man / Transformers / Jurassic World ride vehicle, will sell anyone a very similar Evolution ride system.

Your best bet might be to start a company and get a booth at IAAPA.

InfiniteImaginator

Original Poster
See I did not even think about IAAPA but it is an excellent idea for what I am trying to do. Thanks for the lead, I already have a (tiny) company. Still could use some industry connections but that would be a great opportunity to expand my network.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom