Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian

daverube

I've scheduled a reservation for the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian as part of our anniversary celebration. However, we've never attended this tea before.

Has anyone out there done this?? What food/tea did you select?? How was it???

Thanks,

Dave

nybound

I've scheduled a reservation for the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian as part of our anniversary celebration. However, we've never attended this tea before.

Has anyone out there done this?? What food/tea did you select?? How was it???

I've done this twice and enjoyed it both times. We've done the Prince Edward's Tea, Sally Lund, and Mrs. Potts Tea (for the kids).

For tea flavors, we've done Darjeeling, Jasmine, and Special blend. I'm not a big tea drinker to comment on the quality, but I like it.

Here are some pictures from the July '08 trip.

http://nybound.smugmug.com/gallery/5599886_ynJvM//343646604_HCcPd

Upvote 0

mpoppins217

I've been twice now and absolutely love it! Had the Bu c k ingham Palace both times, adding on the trifle the second time. There were two of us and the teas we've tried were the Eros, Nobo Whole Fruit, Mad Hatter, and the Princess Breakfast Tea. If I had to rank them I would say 1) Nobo (rich and fruity, quite sweet), 2) Eros (tastes just like a dreamsicle!), 3) Princess Breakfast (hint of strawberry but not much else striking about it), 4) Mad Hatter (found it to be kind of tastless, actually).

Trifle was enormous and delicious. Much richer than I expected. The pastries are yummy but I felt somewhat cheated compared to the amount of strawberries and cream you get if you choose that option.

And in case you haven't looked before here's the menu: http://allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

Just remember to have fun! Take the time to relax and really enjoy the experience, the escape from the hustle and bustle.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

my wdw partner and crime did this in the spring and it was great! I don't remember what package we got or anything like that but it was a really nice thing to do. then you have an excuse to wander around GF a little bit too. I bet it would be really nice to do at Christmas time with the gingerbread house in the lobby and all that sort of stuff.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

durangojim

We did the B__________gham Palace last year for our 5th anniversary and it was wonderful. The trifle is excellent. Just a bit of advice, don't plan on a big meal later that evening. Even though the portions are small, everything is quite filling. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

imamouse

my wdw partner and crime did this in the spring and it was great! I don't remember what package we got or anything like that but it was a really nice thing to do. then you have an excuse to wander around GF a little bit too. I bet it would be really nice to do at Christmas time with the gingerbread house in the lobby and all that sort of stuff.

Have a great time!

Umm - B u c k i n g h a m Palace tea :lookaroun.

Upvote 0

ljs1691

Oh, yum. We had the Grand Tea both times and it was SO wonderful. What a nice break from the parks. Loved the scones and trifle so much, I have made them at home too. Just makes me hungry thinking about it. Had the green tea and the Eros (I think) and both were great.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

My daughter and I had a very special time here in August. Here's some pics for ya (I always remember to take the pic after I've taken a bite!). I had the house tea, can't remember the name, and it was just ok. My DD had eros, and it was VERY good!

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

Next time I will get the strawberries and cream instead of the pastries.

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

I've been twice now and absolutely love it! Had the Bu c k ingham Palace both times, adding on the trifle the second time. There were two of us and the teas we've tried were the Eros, Nobo Whole Fruit, Mad Hatter, and the Princess Breakfast Tea. If I had to rank them I would say 1) Nobo (rich and fruity, quite sweet), 2) Eros (tastes just like a dreamsicle!), 3) Princess Breakfast (hint of strawberry but not much else striking about it), 4) Mad Hatter (found it to be kind of tastless, actually).

Trifle was enormous and delicious. Much richer than I expected. The pastries are yummy but I felt somewhat cheated compared to the amount of strawberries and cream you get if you choose that option.

And in case you haven't looked before here's the menu: http://allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

Just remember to have fun! Take the time to relax and really enjoy the experience, the escape from the hustle and bustle.

Have a great trip! :wave:

What was in the triffle? We are thinking about going when we are there next week. TIA!

Upvote 0

ljs1691

If I remember correctly it was layers of cake (like poundcake), whipped cream, and berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc). Just layer upon layer of each. Absolutely delicious!

The cake is actually a sponge cake, more along the lines of angel food. The cake is then layered with the chantilly cream (yummy custard that is combined with real whipped cream to make it lighter). Add strawberries and repeat the layers.

You are indeed correct, it is absolutely delicious.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom