Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
Has anyone done this? I would love to do this with my Mom on our next visit while my Husband has some Daddy time in the MK with our little girl. Just curious about it!

spgale

no! never

we went there 2 years ago and did not like the tea which my wife ordered. There was no value for what you pay, it was pathetic. On the flip side the cheese plate and trifle were great, I highly reccomend them but not the teas.

Steve :( :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Has anyone done this? I would love to do this with my Mom on our next visit while my Husband has some Daddy time in the MK with our little girl. Just curious about it!

Reading between the lines - you and mum are living it up at the GF while you dump hubby and daughter in the parks :ROFLOL:

Seriously - I've never done it BUT it does sound a bit pricey for what it is

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
Reading between the lines - you and mum are living it up at the GF while you dump hubby and daughter in the parks :ROFLOL:

Seriously - I've never done it BUT it does sound a bit pricey for what it is

Ouch! I would never do that!!!!!!!! It was actually the other way around, hubby was dumping my Mom and myself at the GF while he lives it up in the parks with our baby! ( I have a feeling he has a secret planned for me as we'll be traveling around Mother's Day!) But I appreciate the humor! :lol:
We'll find something to do if not the tea, thanks for the feedback! Gee, 2 gals free for a few hours in WDW, hmmmm thats a tough one, I guess we'll be forced to shop or eat or BOTH!!!!!!!!! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

ljs1691

I for one love afternoon tea at GF. We have been twice and enjoyed every minute. Both times were "time-out" for us away from the kids (my mom and I) and we truly enjoyed it. Being from the south, we felt right at home with the whole experience. The staff there is fabulous and the food is terrific too. We always do the full experience with champagne, tea sandwiches, dessert and of course the tea of your choice. It is the perfect getaway for mom and daughter. Let the men handle the kids and have a great time.

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
I for one love afternoon tea at GF. We have been twice and enjoyed every minute. Both times were "time-out" for us away from the kids (my mom and I) and we truly enjoyed it. Being from the south, we felt right at home with the whole experience. The staff there is fabulous and the food is terrific too. We always do the full experience with champagne, tea sandwiches, dessert and of course the tea of your choice. It is the perfect getaway for mom and daughter. Let the men handle the kids and have a great time.

Thats the reply I've been waiting for! Thank you so much!

Disneyelf10

Hi! I love having afternoon tea at the GF! I have gone there several times, with my nieces, sister and mum and then me and mum. The teas are great - you pick the one you want to drink. I recommend the special GF blend. I say go ahead with your mum and have a great afternoon. It's relaxing and fun! In fact a women I work with just went last month at me recommendation and the group she was with loved it and were happy to have gone! Let me know if you book it!

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
Hi! I love having afternoon tea at the GF! I have gone there several times, with my nieces, sister and mum and then me and mum. The teas are great - you pick the one you want to drink. I recommend the special GF blend. I say go ahead with your mum and have a great afternoon. It's relaxing and fun! In fact a women I work with just went last month at me recommendation and the group she was with loved it and were happy to have gone! Let me know if you book it!

Thanks! :wave:

islesgirl

I loved the afternoon tea at the GF. Myself, my sister, my aunt and my mother all went during our "girl's weekend" in Disney and we adored it. I enjoyed the tea and the food was delicious and surprisingly filling. The service was amazing! We were celebrating my birthday while we were there and our waitress gave me a birthday crown, a cupcake, and a rose. It was such a magical afternoon. We enjoyed it so much that we booked another one for when we go in 2 weeks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom