Afternoon naps

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
As I get older, I treasure the WDW afternoon nap. Preferably at a resort that’s nearer to a park. Younger me is like, what?! Waste a precious minute sleeping? You can do that at home. But there’s something so relaxing about knowing folks are sweating in line while I’m snoozing with the resort info channel drifting along.

It’s the simple things I miss. And a Lapu Lapu or three.

ppet

I don't actually take a nap at Disney, But I do take my time in the afternoon to lounge around a pool or hit a comfy spot to rest and recharge. I'll agree that it's a long way from the days of my 20s and 30s where we would do rope drop to closing every day while afraid of losing a minute or missing something.

KikoKea

When WDW was open late, before Covid, we enjoyed spending the afternoon by the pool or relaxing in the cool room before heading to the park about 5pm. Our older selves don't hit the parks like we used to in the mornings, but we find the parks at night are so much better than the heat of the day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
As I get older, I treasure the WDW afternoon nap. Preferably at a resort that’s nearer to a park. Younger me is like, what?! Waste a precious minute sleeping? You can do that at home. But there’s something so relaxing about knowing folks are sweating in line while I’m snoozing with the resort info channel drifting along.

What's a nap and only 3?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

My sentiments too. I never used to be a napper, maybe I'd go back to the resort and swim but napping was for wimps. Now I look forward to the down time snoozing away for a bit to the resort info channel. We have renamed that channel the nap channel.

Mr. Moderate

Many years ago when my twin autistic sons were little and we stayed at the Polynesian resort, we’d head back to the Poly during the afternoon, take a little nap, swim in the pool, shower and watch tv in the room for a bit and get dinner, then head back and close out MK. Back then that was the definition of a great WDW vacation for my family. It was a lot more affordable back then too. I miss those days to be honest.

ilovelabs2021

I stopped napping at 18 months (my poor parents!), and then Karma hit me big time and both of my daughters stopped at 2, lol! Naps are really a foreign concept to me, lol, and to them (they are 11 and 13 now). We do relax by the pool or in the A/C in our room daily, however. So that is when we recharge! My husband, however, is the nap king! He dozes on a pool lounger or on a bed, depending on where we are!

Lilofan

One of my best naps inside the ice cold AC is snoozing in the 50 min American Adventure theatre show in Epcot World Showcase. I couldn't nap watching the great Voices of Liberty before the show. It is great to be an American!

danyoung56

I'm usually toast after hitting a park at rope drop and storming hard for several hours. After a nice lunch in the parks I'm ready to head back to my room, snooze for a couple of hours, and go back to the parks for dinner, drinks and fireworks. That nap is an important park of a perfect WDW day!

Nottamus

Going back to the room in the afternoon has become a thing. Refill water bottles, etc.

sit down with feet up, if a nap happens, it happens. I won’t fight it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom