After WDW - Cocoa Beach, Best Resutrants?

P_Radden

Original Poster
On our next trip to WDW we will be going over to Cocoa Beach for a few days as well.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good restaurants in the Cocoa beach area?

Thanks!

(mods please move if in wrong forum)

NiarrNDisney

My parents have a house there and I have visited many times and found a couple great places so here's a few and a little description of each:

Grills (505 Glen Cheek dr.) Easily one of my favorite places to eat in Cocoa/Cape Canaveral. The place a casual with indoor and outdoor seating facing Port Canaveral so you can watch the large Cruise ships taxi out to sea as well as local boaters and fisherman bring in their catches. The menu has a large variety of options, the food is delicious and the seafood is so fresh! Oh and the Tiki Bar out side typically has live entertainment and is a nice place to sit back and relax wit a drink.

Heidelberg Restaurant/Heidi's Jazz Club (7 N Orlando Ave) Awesome German food

Ossorio (316 Brevard Ave. an Harrison) Great bakery and place for lunch if you are in Cocoa Village

Shere Punjab Indian Restaurant (285 W Cocoa Beach Causeway) I love Indian food and just happened to find this place when my folks lived only a few blocks north on the river.

Thai Thai (8660 Astronaut Blvd.) There are actually a few locations I just happen to prefer this one
but all of the locations have great sushi

Yen Yen (2 N. A1A and Minutemen Causeway) Some of the best Asian food I have ever had well besides my mothers!

P_Radden

Original Poster
My parents have a house there and I have visited many times and found a couple great places so here's a few and a little description of each:

Grills (505 Glen Cheek dr.) Easily one of my favorite places to eat in Cocoa/Cape Canaveral. The place a casual with indoor and outdoor seating facing Port Canaveral so you can watch the large Cruise ships taxi out to sea as well as local boaters and fisherman bring in their catches. The menu has a large variety of options, the food is delicious and the seafood is so fresh! Oh and the Tiki Bar out side typically has live entertainment and is a nice place to sit back and relax wit a drink.

Heidelberg Restaurant/Heidi's Jazz Club (7 N Orlando Ave) Awesome German food

Ossorio (316 Brevard Ave. an Harrison) Great bakery and place for lunch if you are in Cocoa Village

Shere Punjab Indian Restaurant (285 W Cocoa Beach Causeway) I love Indian food and just happened to find this place when my folks lived only a few blocks north on the river.

Thai Thai (8660 Astronaut Blvd.) There are actually a few locations I just happen to prefer this one
but all of the locations have great sushi

Yen Yen (2 N. A1A and Minutemen Causeway) Some of the best Asian food I have ever had well besides my mothers!

Wow, thanks for the recommendations! Grills sounds awesome, we will definitely check it out. Of Thai Thai and Yen Yen, do either have really good Pad Thai? Also, would you recommend Fishlips?

Thank you!

NiarrNDisney

Wow, thanks for the recommendations! Grills sounds awesome, we will definitely check it out. Of Thai Thai and Yen Yen, do either have really good Pad Thai? Also, would you recommend Fishlips?

Thank you!

Fishlips is ok! Its really touristy especially with the cruisers and tends to get packed early so overflow is sent upstairs to seat themselves. (Frankly I am not a fan of the upstairs seating)
Grills is only a few steps away and has a more local feel to it but be aware it also gets packed on the weekends.

There are a lot of local seafood joints around town that are great though I would avoid Coconuts its very touristy and tends to get a younger party crowd plus the food isn't the best. I prefer Florida Seafood Grill (480 w Cocoa Beach Causeway) or Mambos (1300 N A1A)

I don't think Yen Yen has Pad Thai on their menu but they do have some of the best Asian food I have ever had not to mention items I have not seen elsewhere. We chatted with the owner and he explained they prefer to source all of their food locally and so many of the items are things they came up with.

I'm certain Thai Thai has it though I have never tried it since I typically have sushi when I have dined there.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom