After Star Tours....is this what's next?

wdidreamer

Original Poster
Found this on the net... patent filed by WDI last year. Could this be what's coming to WDW or another Disney park in the near future? It seems to be a multi track interactive coaster where guests can choose sides! I BLEW my mind. WE NEED THIS NOW!

Ride Layout:

X Wing Vehicle:

Tie Fighter Vehicle:

Section View Ride Vehicle (with interactive elements):

Passenger POV:

terp79

This is VERY cool and a great find but remember patents are made all the time and nothing ever happens with them. This actually could of been the attraction designed for Disneyland that was mentioned in this issue of D23. Either way it's a killer find and it would totally blow potter out of the water!

RonAnnArbor

As cool as it looks, I can't help thinking:

Wow -- super low capacity....

and

Wow -- a poor view from every single seat....

terp79

As cool as it looks, I can't help thinking:

Wow -- super low capacity....

and

Wow -- a poor view from every single seat....

I think it's hard to judge HRC from this, you can see there's 6 tracks in total and each track holds 6 passengers, we don't even know how many vehicles would be on one track at at one time. Most roller coasters can have 2 vehicles running on one track at a time.

Figments Friend

Found this on the net... patent filed by WDI last year. Could this be what's coming to WDW or another Disney park in the near future? It seems to be a multi track interactive coaster where guests can choose sides! I BLEW my mind. WE NEED THIS NOW!

Ride Layout:

X Wing Vehicle:

Tie Fighter Vehicle:

Section View Ride Vehicle (with interactive elements):

Passenger POV:

HOLY ****!!!

:eek:

I hope no one is going to lose their job over this .....

( quick! Click n' save people!)

Looks like a similar concept to 'Toy Story Mania', but with a actual coaster-like track to recreate the up and downs of 'flight' ala Space Mountain.

Amazing find...wow! Rather timey...don't ya think?

Figments Friend

-

This is flippin' amazing no matter how one wants to 'interupt' this.

The timing for such a reveal is perfect...think about it. Everyone in fandom is all lathered up post- Star Tours II and SWWeekends....great time to 'test the waters' to see what the initial feedback for such a attraction is. Lord knows DHS can certainly use something this exciting.

I do not consider myself a serious 'Star Wars freak' by any means, but this has me freaking out. The concept is absolutely awesome!

:slurp:

It this is 'faked'...dang, someone did their homework and has way too much spare time on their hands.

Bring it on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom