After celebration ends

papercut

Original Poster
Anyone have any idea what will be changing after HCOE and when exactly? Like hours, decorations, shows, rides. I heard a rumor that the hours will be less after HCOE. I'll be there 10/29-11/05, so I'm just curious.

magicstar01

as far as i know the hours of the park seasonally change and have nothing to do with the current celebration/promotion! if you find out last years times then i bet you there is a very high chance they will be the same!:king:

joanna71985

Well, some things will change. The castle decorations will come down. Cinderellabration will (probably) end.:cry: LMA will stay, as will Soarin (although the theme of the movie may change). Don't think the hours will change at all, as they only change based on the time of the year.

RonAnnArbor

There is always some sort of "celebration" going on -- it does not effect the park hours. You might find that NONE of the current festivities are gone. There is another celebration coming anyway. Nobody knows for sure if Cinderllabration will stay or go, but the decorations on the castle will go. The show itself is based on Disneyland Tokyo's show which has run since Day One and is still running. It costs them next to nothing to run, and people seem to love it. THe other attractions that were added were all meant to be permanent - Soarin'; Lights Cameras Action; etc...

OmegaKnight

Soarin', Expedition Everest and Lights, Motors, Action are permanent additions and will remain at their respective parks after the conclusion of the HCOE. Cinderellabration will probably be leaving for the return of Cinderella's Surprise Celebration. My guess is that during the press event for EE, Disney will be announcing what to expect after the HCOE ends.

SGT623

WDW turns 35 this October, and since the 30th was skipped in favor of the Disney 100th celebration, I'd hoped the official WDW milestones would not be passed by again. But, since I have heard no official mention of this, I will assume we'll go 10 years without a WDW anniversary celebration. *sigh*

RonAnnArbor

Actually, there ARE mentions of a celebration for Epcot's 30th...

um...Disney 100th celebration...lol...no wonder we haven't had ANY celebrations at the park lately.... :p

CaptainMichael

SGT623 said:
WDW turns 35 this October, and since the 30th was skipped in favor of the Disney 100th celebration, I'd hoped the official WDW milestones would not be passed by again. But, since I have heard no official mention of this, I will assume we'll go 10 years without a WDW anniversary celebration. *sigh*
I'd say that we may see a 40th (Over the Hill). We'll definitely see a WDW 50th. As others have said, I'd also look for Epcot's 25th. It is the first non-Disneyland style park to reach that milestone.

boo52

At the end of the HCOE, do not be surprised if only a few castle decorations come down. There has been a strong rumor going around that the character statues and the magic mirror will be the only pieces that will be removed. The powers that be like the new look of the castle. Also there was some talk around the park 2 days ago that CSC will be returning at the end Oct or Nov.

awalte7

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'd say that we may see a 40th (Over the Hill). We'll definitely see a WDW 50th. As others have said, I'd also look for Epcot's 25th. It is the first non-Disneyland style park to reach that milestone.

Wow. a WDW 50th anniversary, It's such a nice thought. The idea that I can have children by then to show the happiest celebration on earth 2:rolleyes:

sergeiam

I don't see why we can't have a celebration directly after Disneyland's 50th Birthday, as WDW celebrated their 20th immediately after DL's 35th.

But, come to think of it, those celebrations weren't world wide, just park specific. Right?

Jerm

papercut said:
What about fireworks. Will those still be every night? And parades everyday?

The fireworks are not done every night all the time. During the off season (about the time you and I will both be there) they some times do them only on the weekends or EMH nights. But the parades and show run almost all the time. Also while you are visiting you might get a chance to do a MNSSHP which is a great time to visit and see a diffrent set of fireworks plus get lots of candy. A site that I always go to is www.wdwig.com it is a great planning site.

Also after the 50th the next thing will in fact be E.P.C.O.T. Centers 25th. It will be starting in 07 some time and I would keep a ear out for it after the 50th dies down (Start of Oct THANK THE MAKER!!!)

J

SGT623

sergeiam said:
I don't see why we can't have a celebration directly after Disneyland's 50th Birthday, as WDW celebrated their 20th immediately after DL's 35th.

But, come to think of it, those celebrations weren't world wide, just park specific. Right?

Yup.

tink81

Jerm said:
The fireworks are not done every night all the time. During the off season (about the time you and I will both be there) they some times do them only on the weekends or EMH nights. But the parades and show run almost all the time. Also while you are visiting you might get a chance to do a MNSSHP which is a great time to visit and see a diffrent set of fireworks plus get lots of candy. A site that I always go to is www.wdwig.com it is a great planning site.

Also after the 50th the next thing will in fact be E.P.C.O.T. Centers 25th. It will be starting in 07 some time and I would keep a ear out for it after the 50th dies down (Start of Oct THANK THE MAKER!!!)

J

HUH? Are you positive? I have been there in the "off season" and there are fireworks everynight and parades everyday...I know DL and DCA don't do fireworks 365, but I really thought WDW did the nightly thing...anyone know about this??

boo52

Fireworks at MK are done everynight. It is expected to continue like this after the 50th has ended. Wishes to Food & Beverage and Merchandise is Wi$he$. Keeps people in the park longer spending money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom