After 40 years the building is themed!

kap91

Original Poster
Probably been discussed in one of the mine train threads, but just in case: The top of the philharmagic show building is finally completely themed! I know they added papparettes a year or two ago but now it's all covered in a brickwork paint job that matches the rest of the castle facades. Maybe east Main Street is next! Nice to see that someone is paying attention to these things even if it does still sort of look odd. I'll try to post a picture later.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Probably been discussed in one of the mine train threads, but just in case: The top of the philharmagic show building is finally completely themed! I know they added papparettes a year or two ago but now it's all covered in a brickwork paint job that matches the rest of the castle facades. Maybe east Main Street is next! Nice to see that someone is paying attention to these things. I'll try to post a picture later.

Cool! There was a permit the other day for fixing "visual intrusions" at Philharmagic, I guess this is what it was for.

kap91

Original Poster
Here we are. Not bad for a previously ignored show building.
image.jpg
image.jpg

tl77

Not bad, I think it'd look nice if they added some of the more of the blue, pink, and purple banners and flags that are down around the marque

Fantaseer

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else on the forums, but does anyone know why there was a facade in front of IASW sign? It was there on May 23rd and down on the 27th. I honestly could not tell a difference but now that I think about it, it might have been related to this (the papparettes) in Fantasyland.

CrescentLake

Love it when they do stuff like this! My only gripe is the two...vent/chimney structures on top, but I'm not sure if you could really do anything with them. Great to see one less visible showbuilding though!

DinoInstitute

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else on the forums, but does anyone know why there was a facade in front of IASW sign? It was there on May 23rd and down on the 27th. I honestly could not tell a difference but now that I think about it, it might have been related to this (the papparettes) in Fantasyland.
They have been doing some facade work at IASW lately
jPBnOgqGNjBkx.JPG

Rob562

Love it when they do stuff like this! My only gripe is the two...vent/chimney structures on top, but I'm not sure if you could really do anything with them. Great to see one less visible showbuilding though!

FYI, those are where the vertical sides of the disappearing proscenium arch go during Philharmagic...

-Rob

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If I were to hazard a guess, those are really A/C units behind the "Chimneys"...they look about the size of a 10 or 15 ton unit, which is what a building that size would use (it would use several of them, actually)...

Also, I love it. Good show Disney!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If I were to hazard a guess, those are really A/C units behind the "Chimneys"...they look about the size of a 10 or 15 ton unit, which is what a building that size would use (it would use several of them, actually)...

Also, I love it. Good show Disney!
Wouldn't most mechanical's be in the utilidors?

djkidkaz

They have been doing some facade work at IASW lately
jPBnOgqGNjBkx.JPG

Small worlds exterior has been going behind tarps numerous times over the past couple years for some reason. It seems to be way too often to just be paint refurbing do I wonder what is actually going on with the facade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom