Aft rooms

Kerri Whitmire

Original Poster
We always try to stay midship to cutdown on seasickness, boat movement, and boat noises. If staying in an aft room, do you hear a lot of noises when docking, and is there more movement?

We always try to stay midship to cutdown on seasickness, boat movement, and boat noises. If staying in an aft room, do you hear a lot of noises when docking, and is there more movement?

I have stayed in an aft balcony on a carnival ship. We experienced quite a bit of noise when docking and leaving port. I have never stayed anywhere else on a ship so I cant speak for movement. I hear the ship rocks more on the forward and aft compared to midship. We are staying in an aft corner balcony on the Fantasy this October and I am super excited about it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I wondered about this a lot after a cruise on the Fantasy a few years ago. My cabin on this cruise was mid-ship so I can't speak to rocking more but on the nights that we had dinner in Animator's Palate (aft on Deck 3), I was surprised at how much vibration from the propulsion/engines you could feel all the time we were in there. I have no idea how far up through the decks that vibration transfers but I would certainly not want to experience that for the entire duration of my cruise.

Kerri Whitmire

Original Poster
I have stayed in an aft balcony on a carnival ship. We experienced quite a bit of noise when docking and leaving port. I have never stayed anywhere else on a ship so I cant speak for movement. I hear the ship rocks more on the forward and aft compared to midship. We are staying in an aft corner balcony on the Fantasy this October and I am super excited about it.
Thank you

Kerri Whitmire

Original Poster
I wondered about this a lot after a cruise on the Fantasy a few years ago. My cabin on this cruise was mid-ship so I can't speak to rocking more but on the nights that we had dinner in Animator's Palate (aft on Deck 3), I was surprised at how much vibration from the propulsion/engines you could feel all the time we were in there. I have no idea how far up through the decks that vibration transfers but I would certainly not want to experience that for the entire duration of my cruise.
That was what I was thinking as well. Thank you.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have only stayed in the aft area and deck 6 and 9. We could feel some vibrations but never heard any loud engine noises. We didn't mind the vibrations. When we docked it was significantly more noticeable, but didn't bother us because we are early risers and were up anyway.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yes, there is significant engine noise and vibration when docking, Deck 8 and above it’s lessened. Movement isn’t noticeably different from other areas of the ship.

IMO, it’s all worth it for the beautiful big verandah in the aft rooms!!

Kerri Whitmire

Original Poster
I have only stayed in the aft area and deck 6 and 9. We could feel some vibrations but never heard any loud engine noises. We didn't mind the vibrations. When we docked it was significantly more noticeable, but didn't bother us because we are early risers and were up anyway.
Thank you

winstongator

My daughters got quite seasick the first night of our cruise. There were high winds, and the boat was going fast. I had to buy the accupressure bands and dramamine on board, and would recommend getting them ahead of time - especially the bands. They seemed to help out my daughters a bunch.

Kerri Whitmire

Original Poster
My daughters got quite seasick the first night of our cruise. There were high winds, and the boat was going fast. I had to buy the accupressure bands and dramamine on board, and would recommend getting them ahead of time - especially the bands. They seemed to help out my daughters a bunch.
Thank you. We have cruised several Disney trips, but I’ve never been brave enough to stay aft. I am sorry your daughters had a rough time with seasickness.

Kerri Whitmire

Original Poster
Be brave!! Aft staterooms are wonderful. :)

If you enjoy a verandah, these can’t be beat...and you’ll always know when you’re docking!! :D
😂

21stamps

The views from an aft balcony are worth any noise during docking, imo.

Go for it! :)

Two more advantages that haven’t been mentioned- you don’t get wind in the aft like you do on side balconies.. you’re also protected from the rain, for the most part.

lostpro9het

Size and views are two enough reasons for us!
IMG_2400.JPG
IMG_2401.JPG
IMG_2744.JPG
IMG_2817.JPG

And even if its raining you can sit out and be covered.
IMG_2470.JPG

lostpro9het

That’ Pretty awesome. Do you feel more movement though like you do at Animator’s?

When the water is rough you feel it like you would anywhere else. When the sea is calm you hardly notice anything. This room is dead center aft so the side to side rocking motion, when there was it, was hardly noticeable.

That’s gorgeous! What is the ship and cabin number?
Fantasy 8188.

Sooo much room
CC203845-04B4-4C34-955D-4E87993F51CC.jpeg

LeighM

When the water is rough you feel it like you would anywhere else. When the sea is calm you hardly notice anything. This room is dead center aft so the side to side rocking motion, when there was it, was hardly noticeable.

Fantasy 8188.

Sooo much room
View attachment 283640

I'm still upset that I lost Dream 8188 for our cruise next year when I changed the dates to coincide with my inlaws trip :( They ended up changing plans so I moved our cruise back to our original date. After much stalking of their website, I was able to snag 10166 but I still want 8188 :) I'm hoping the person who has it will cancel closer to the PIF date lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom