Africa Marketplace expansion coming to Harambe at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Timothy_Q

Animal Kingdom is really coming to its own, I think its stronger than DHS right now and going to be competing with Epcot with all these additions, they are so well done, detailed, and just gorgeous, walking around Animal kingdom is an attraction itself .

It's definitely the only park still with a cohesive theme. Everything fits perfectly in their respective land.
And I don't believe Avatar will ruin that. Now they just need to get rid of Dinoland.

wdwgreek

Yeah, get rid of that mess and the park is potentially the best WDW park. Right now i'd sa it's a solid #2, solidly ahead of two parks in desperate need of attention.

The only thing holding DAK back right now is the low ride count.
Granted the low ride count, but the animal exhibits themselves can take up to an hour each if people really savoir the animals, rather then rushing to point to point. With the exhibits included what is the attraction count?

Next Big Thing

Granted the low ride count, but the animal exhibits themselves can take up to an hour each if people really savoir the animals, rather then rushing to point to point. With the exhibits included what is the attraction count?
I would need to see a map, but off the top of my head, including shows, rides, trails and the Wilderness Explorers, there's about 13-14 "attractions" in total. By the time the Avatar expansion is complete, I expect to be at least at 17-18 (2 rides, walking path and RoL).

My point wasn't that there was a lack of things to do though. DAK is actually my favorite park and the closest thing stateside to DisneySea imo. I can easily spend a full day, open to close, at DAK right now as it is. What I was meaning to say was even though I can do that, sometimes I don't always feel like doing one of the animal exhibits, so the low ride count doesn't help the park, which is still partly why I feel another true expansion is needed before replacing Dino-Rama. I'd love to see what they could do for Australia.

wdwgreek

I would need to see a map, but off the top of my head, including shows, rides, trails and the Wilderness Explorers, there's about 13-14 "attractions" in total. By the time the Avatar expansion is complete, I expect to be at least at 17-18 (2 rides, walking path and RoL).
So if we stick with 13-14, how does that compare to Epcot/ DHS Epcot has a lot of attractions, not rides, but I count each nation as a "attraction" however AK has way more to do then the current DHS which barley counts 6 attractions in my book!

Next Big Thing

So if we stick with 13-14, how does that compare to Epcot/ DHS Epcot has a lot of attractions, not rides, but I count each nation as a "attraction" however AK has way more to do then the current DHS which barley counts 6 attractions in my book!
Re-read my post, I edited it for clarification.

But to answer your question, yes, DHS is a mess and yes, technically Epcot has a lot of what could be considered "attractions". More than DAK. World Showcase is a big factor in that as each country has it's own entertainment, so even with the lack of rides, a good time can be had just strolling around the lagoon, which is Epcot's saving grace at this point. Their ride count isn't impressive either and the theme was lost and became a jumbled mess years ago.

dreamfinder

Are the clothes and pots for sale or just show? I'm a little confused as to any merchandise that might be in this area.

Looks to me as if it is the "bulk merchandise" a PP referred to when they posted recent pictures from the train. A way to help hide the train/create something to look at that isn't building. Helps to create the marketplace feel one would expect to find along with street vendors selling food.

djkidkaz

The problem with the animal walking trails is that they get so congested, especially the tigers. They always tend to clump right by that small area with the windows and everyone on the path is in that one spot. I almost never see them in any of the open areas. I think Disney should try and find a way to coax them to the other areas somehow.

ToTBellHop

The problem with the animal walking trails is that they get so congested, especially the tigers. They always tend to clump right by that small area with the windows and everyone on the path is in that one spot. I almost never see them in any of the open areas. I think Disney should try and find a way to coax them to the other areas somehow.
I think you are looking for Jungle Cruise.

note2001

Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and um, screaming. ;)

(Couldn't resist, somehow the way you used "they" above had me envisioning the tigers clumping up on the walking paths where everyone is in that one spot.)

wdwgreek

Re-read my post, I edited it for clarification.

But to answer your question, yes, DHS is a mess and yes, technically Epcot has a lot of what could be considered "attractions". More than DAK. World Showcase is a big factor in that as each country has it's own entertainment, so even with the lack of rides, a good time can be had just strolling around the lagoon, which is Epcot's saving grace at this point. Their ride count isn't impressive either and the theme was lost and became a jumbled mess years ago.
Agree with your edits wholeheartedly!

erasure fan1

What I was meaning to say was even though I can do that, sometimes I don't always feel like doing one of the animal exhibits, so the low ride count doesn't help the park, which is still partly why I feel another true expansion is needed before replacing Dino-Rama. I'd love to see what they could do for Australia.
And that is what so many of the its a full day park supporters don't get. You can always make AK or the studios a full day or more, but if a show or a nature trail isn't your thing then it feels pretty lacking. I agree that even after Avatar, you still need one more large scale expansion to bring the park up to its potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom