AFI Museum after Backlot being Frozen-ized.

Next Big Thing

They sure are going to have a lot of work to (un-Frozen all 4 parks) do once this fad has run it's course...:banghead:
I think a lot of people are a little surprised by exactly how much Frozen is being thrown in their face all over WDW. I know someone who is a HUGE Disney fan, loves WDW and Frozen, but said she felt "overwhlemed" by all of the frozen-ification of the parks.

mm52200

I get the need to capitalize on what is popular such as Frozen but it should be done with consideration to guests over age 12 who don't need to have a whole trip seeing everything Frozen. Personally, if I want to see 'Frozen' I can just look out my window 7 months out of the year. :depressed:
So there will be one Frozen ride in one park, a sing along show and gift shop/play area in another park, and then a meet and greet/appearance in a parade and seasonal entertainment in another park. Sounds about on par with any other successful franchise, it's just all happening at once. I'm not necessarily a big fan of Frozen taking over Norway but still it's all not that much in the grand scheme of things.

wogwog

Honestly, I only feel it at DHS. I don't feel like there is a Frozen overload in the other 3. DAK and Epcot don't have any mentions and besides MK having a float and meet and greet today, it's not overwhelming. Grossly exaggerated if you ask me.
Add to the Frozen at MK that the Frozen girls will light Cinderella's Castle this year every night for the Christmas season.

MasonDuo

Disney is trying to make up for how they dropped the ball on merchandise last year and the beginning of this year. As for the park related items it's basically just like when stitch was at the height of his popularity. The Monorail audio loop was changed over adding stitch with stitch saying stitch kingdom, toilet papered the castle, alien encounter swap out and more things over that time span. Hopefully nothing pans out like that stitch's celebration.

Last edited:

Shadowgate

I total get that Disney is going Frozen crazy after they got caught off guard with the popularity and "some" of what they are doing I don't mind. However, currently they appear to have lost control and are just basically tossing Frozen everywhere like throwing paint everywhere. Just making a mess of things. I think they should have just started by added a second or maybe even third M&G location, each at different parks to start with. I kind of like the castle lighting idea, if done right and that can be done without a huge expense and it isn't taking away anything in the process. Then if this is going to continue to be popular then create a ride at MK...

I have to say I really enjoyed Frozen and it's music but even too much of a good thing can get old. I even think at some point there could be a tipping point and a backlash were it is a negative thing. I know some people have already hit that point.

Milla4Prez66

My issue with the Frozen stuff is that instead of building something incredible they are just looking for the easiest ways to capitalize on it's popularity now. A last minute mini-event at DHS, an overlay of a small WS ride from the 80s....come on. If Frozen is truly becoming the new face of Disney you would think they would want to do something amazing with it, but they are just looking for the easiest ways to cash in like they did with Stitch.

imagineer boy

My issue with the Frozen stuff is that instead of building something incredible they are just looking for the easiest ways to capitalize on it's popularity now. A last minute mini-event at DHS, an overlay of a small WS ride from the 80s....come on. If Frozen is truly becoming the new face of Disney you would think they would want to do something amazing with it, but they are just looking for the easiest ways to cash in like they did with Stitch.

Exactly, this is just Stitch all over again, right down to replacing a well liked attraction with it. :( But at this point I'm pretty much sick to death of Frozen by now. I thought it was a good movie but I didn't think it was THAT good, still not sure why there's so much of a craze over it to begin with. Still doesn't hold a candle to something like Beaty and the Beast, IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom