Trip Report Aeillill's first trip report!

Hey dearies! I've been on many trips while a member here and I always intend to make a trip report...and never have, haha. So I thought this time since there's now wifi in the rooms I'd make a live trip report and it would pressure me to fully complete it.

So this is just going to be a trip with me:
2089804499_021b8186a5.jpg

and my father:

48163033_6d772d7f2c.jpg

and with us in spirit is my mother:
273587718_c4965f2941.jpg

My mom unfortunately passed away in June from Lung Cancer, it was very quick, just 9 months from when she was diagnosed. Obviously we are still in mourning and dealing with this. Before we realized just how aggressive the cancer was we had been planning on coming together all of us for a trip during this time, and were trying to plan out the logistics of how that all was going to work.

My Father & I weren't sure if we were still going to go ahead with the trip, but ultimately decided that we should go as a way of healing and honoring her memory since Disney World has always been our thing, We've been coming as a family my entire life, and she'd been coming since the 70s. It's going to be rough, and I've cried plenty of times in the planning stage and I fully expect to just walk into the magic kingdom tomorrow, sit on a bench and just sob a bit. I need to make sure I remember to bring my makeup for touch ups, haha.

So we got the sit down Dining Plan, and since this was a quick decision trip we weren't able to book the 180 days in advance and getting reservations has been difficult to say the least. I've finally got our reservations to a good spot, but I do keep checking for the elusive dinner Be Our Guest ADR. I have no hope of that happening though.

Our ADRS are as follows:
9/19 - Crystal Palace, Dinner
9/20 - Hollywood & Vine, Dinner
9/21 - Kona Cafe, Breakfast (need me some Tonga Toast!)
9/22 - The Garden Grill, Dinner
9/23 - 1900 Park Fair, Dinner
9/24 - Akershush, Dinner (first time trying this so hopefully it'll be good)
9/25 - Biergarten, Dinner
9/26 - 1900 Park Fair, Breakfast

I wasn't able to fit Boma in which is a disappointment to me, but my father isn't a fan so I guess I'll just have to get over it. We bumped it for Akershush (Akershuh? i'm too lazy to look up the right spelling right now) and I've heard mixed reviews for there so I just hope we don't end up regretting it.

Today we arrived, and are being housed in our normal building at Pop Century & it is ridiculously quiet over in our little corner I love it. It's slightly far for a preferred room, but we can deal with it. We didn't go to the park since we would only have been able to go for half a day so we didn't see the point of wasting the ticket. We ended up eating at Planet Hollywood, which was my fathers decision since they have us coupons in our pre-arrival booklet. He didn't want to listen to me though and while the food wasn't completely awful it just wasn't good. I felt like I was on a band trip again, they always made us eat there, yuck. After walking around DTD for a while (and planning all the wonderful bath things I'm going to buy from Basin) we just headed back to the room, unpacked, and chilled. Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom day and I can't wait! The only downside is that I forgot the battery & charger for my good camera so I had a friend 2 day it to me, so I just have to wait for that and deal with my phone camera & my smaller point & shoot.

Hope you all enjoyed my wall of text and hopefully I'll have some pictures soon to liven it up!

Looking forward to your trip report!
I am arriving on Friday and also staying at POP! Maybe I'll see you around :)

I'm going to try and do a live trip report also.
Have a great vacation!!!

ml123_9

Have a great trip. So sorry to hear about your mother, but what a great way to honor her. She will surely be with you as you walk down Main St. Can't wait to read the report.

ml123_9

Hey dearies! I've been on many trips while a member here and I always intend to make a trip report...and never have, haha. So I thought this time since there's now wifi in the rooms I'd make a live trip report and it would pressure me to fully complete it.

So this is just going to be a trip with me:
2089804499_021b8186a5.jpg

Did you find what you were looking for up there?

Longers

Looking forward to your report. So sorry to hear about your mum it brought tears to my eyes but she will be happy that you both went. I am sure your trip will have its moments of sadness and laughter and I am sure she will be there with you. Enjoy it - she would want you too

aeillill

Original Poster
9/19 -
So my father normally wakes up at about 4am every morning at home, I had hoped that we would be able to sleep in a bit more while on this vacation, but that unfortunately did not happen. He made it to 5am, I made it to 5:30 am and tried to sleep a bit more but that wasn't happening so we just got up and embraced such an early morning.

We went and got breakfast at the food court at 6.30 and I assumed that it would be filled with other sleepy people like me so I just went in my pajamas, which was a mistake. Every person there looked fully awake and was properly dressed. I learned my lesson, no more slippers & pajamas in the food court, haha. We got to the Magic Kingdom around 8.30 for 9am opening. But for some reason Tomorrowland & Fantasyland was already opened? I'm not sure if that's something new they're doing or if I just never get to the Magic Kingdom at opening.

We went to the Haunted Mansion first and it had a maybe 10 minute wait, then we walked on Pirates, Splash Mountain, and IASW. Everything in Fantasyland except for Peter Pan was maybe a 10-15 minute wait after that so that was nice. We ended up getting a paper Fast Pass for Peter Pan and tried to use it about 20 minutes after the window closed which is what I had done in the past and been told to do cast members but the cast member told me that they couldn't accept it. Is that new? Or was the cast member just a stickler for the rules? I don't really care, I was just shocked when she told me we couldn't use it.

The longest wait we ended up having for anything was for food at the Harbor House! That place was hopping! I ended up waiting 20 minutes or so in line just to order food. My Lighthouse Sandwich was delicious as always though, and the lemonade slush just hit the spot so no complaints about waiting.

We hit Hall of Presidents after that to cool down and then decided to come back to the room since I'm exhausted from that 5.30 wake up. I hate morning so hopefully it'll be the last sunrise I see on this trip. I went swimming for a while but I think a nap is in the cards so I don't fall asleep on Pooh at our ADRS tonight!

Longers

I have read a few reports saying that you have to use the fast pass within the times shown now. Hope you are having fun. Harbour house for lunch -yum

TheMouseFan

There were extra magic hours today at MK. That is why part of the park was open early! And yes, they are now enforcing the return times on all of the fastpasses. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!

aeillill

Original Poster
There were extra magic hours today at MK. That is why part of the park was open early! And yes, they are now enforcing the return times on all of the fastpasses. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!

We finally looked at a times guide as we were leaving the park and realized about the morning EMHs. I just didn't realize it was only the 2 sections they opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom