News ADVISORY: Concrete Work impacts to Magic Kingdom Entertainment on 5 days this month

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
This post is for information purposes only. Not really much to discuss.
OPTN is reporting that, due to scheduled concrete work, select entertainment offerings at Magic Kingdom will be modified on the following days:
  • September 12, 15, 19, 22, and 26.
On those days, the Main Street Trolley Show will use the Main Street Ranch Wagon, and the 11:30 AM performance of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! will be canceled (it will still perform at 4:45 PM and 6:00 PM, though).
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/09/magic-kingdom-park-entertainment.html

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Another round of concrete work has been scheduled for this month!
OPTN reports that due to scheduled concrete work, some entertainment offering at the Magic Kingdom will be modified on the following days:
  • November 14, 20, 22, 27, & 29.
On those days, the Main Street Trolley Show will use the Main Street Ranch Wagon, and the 10:00 AM performance of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! will be canceled (it will still perform at 11:30 AM and 4:40 PM, though).
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/11/magic-kingdom-entertainment-offerings.html

EricsBiscuit

At least instead of canceling the trolley show they're using the wagon. Also anytime the MISI parade is cancelled is a win.

Edit: concrete work is also a win

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Another round of concrete work has been scheduled, per Twitter user @thepiratekenny (Kenny The Pirate)!
The dates affected are:
  • December 4, 7, 11, 14, and 18.
On those days, the Main Street Trolley Show will use the Ranch Wagon instead of the trolley, and the 10:00 AM performance of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! will be canceled (it will still perform at 11:30 AM and 4:40 PM, though). As always, please check the times guide for exact information.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok, more concrete work scheduled for this month!
The dates affected include:
  • January 15, 17, 22, and 29.
On those days, the Main Street Trolley Show will use the Ranch Wagon instead of the trolley, and the 11:00 AM performance of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! will be canceled (it will still perform at 12:30 AM and 5:45 PM, though*). As always, please check the times guide for exact information.
Source - http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/01/entertainment-adjustments-and.html

Man the concrete work never seems to stop around here....

JoeCamel

Ok, more concrete work scheduled for this month!
The dates affected include:
  • January 15, 17, 22, and 29.
On those days, the Main Street Trolley Show will use the Ranch Wagon instead of the trolley, and the 11:00 AM performance of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! will be canceled (it will still perform at 12:30 AM and 5:45 PM, though*). As always, please check the times guide for exact information.
Source - http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/01/entertainment-adjustments-and.html

Man the concrete work never seems to stop around here....
I can hear the meeting now:
"The maintenance of the trolley rails is out of control. It is an old system so if we rip out the rails we save $XXXX per year"
Response: "Great, sounds like a plan. Collect your bonus on the way out."

disnyfan89

I can hear the meeting now:
"The maintenance of the trolley rails is out of control. It is an old system so if we rip out the rails we save $XXXX per year"
Response: "Great, sounds like a plan. Collect your bonus on the way out."

I mean Disneyland is completely rebuilding their trolly tracks and laying new brick work all down mainstreet but they arn't having any parades or fireworks because of it while the work is completed.

JoeCamel

I mean Disneyland is completely rebuilding their trolly tracks and laying new brick work all down mainstreet but they arn't having any parades or fireworks because of it while the work is completed.
And DL is run by TDA. TDO is not of the same mindset.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok, there has been more concrete work scheduled!
According to OPTN, concrete work has been scheduled for FIVE days in March. Those dates include:
  • March 2, 9, 12, 23, and 26
On those days, the Main Street Trolley Show will use the Ranch Wagon instead of the trolley, and the 11:00 AM performance of Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! will be canceled (it will still perform at 12:30 PM and 5:45 PM, though).
As a side note, the purpose of these entertainment/operational changes is because they are working on the trolley tracks (or concrete area in between the rails) on Main St USA and it requires that no trolleys or parade floats down Main Street USA, that restriction is lifted by 12 noon (if SpectroBros or anyone who has knowledge in that area could confirm that to me that would great!). On the other hand, the trolley will not be offering rides on those dates I mentioned, only the cars will.
As always, please check the times guide for exact information.
Source: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/02/magic-kingdom-entertainment-adjustments.html

Again, no discussion is required. This is just for informational purposes to allow a heads-up warning for those visiting the Magic Kingdom during the aforementioned dates.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, June 9, 2018. I didn't want to open a new thread, so this one seemed to be appropriate. A small part of Main Street near the Emporium north entrance has been walled off for concrete work. This area has been a problem area for years, and had been patched many times. The area was frequently roped off because of trip hazards. I guess they decided to just dig up the entire area and start over. This does not impact the parades.

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Photo update as of Saturday, June 9, 2018. I didn't want to open a new thread, so this one seemed to be appropriate. A small part of Main Street near the Emporium north entrance has been walled off for concrete work. This area has been a problem area for years, and had been patched many times. The area was frequently roped off because of trip hazards. I guess they decided to just dig up the entire area and start over. This does not impact the parades.

View attachment 289029

View attachment 289030
It’s been walled off for about a month now. Hopefully they finish soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom