Advice Required!

James J

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, I'll be able to make my ADR's this Saturday for my trip in November and I could do with some advice!

This is my 4th trip to WDW but my first time with the Dining Plan, and I've only ever had one Table Service meal which was at Portobello on my last trip in 2013. In November, I'll be going with one of my friends who has never been to WDW before. We'll be there for 14 nights. Neither of us are particularly fussy eaters and we're both willing to try different foods.

I've got a very vague idea of places I'd like to try, and I'm open to using two TS credits for a meal somewhere like California Grill so we can have great food and watch the fireworks. We probably won't be using our TS credits on the days we go to Universal anyway.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

James J

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok.

Any specific plans day to day? When are you all going to Uni during your stay? (as in day number, e.g. day 9 or day 10?)

I've got an outline at the moment just to give myself an idea of where we'll be. So in the first few days I've got us to go to MK, HS and AK, with the visits to Universal coming in on days 6 and 9. Epcot is in between those, and I expect there will be second visits to MK and Epcot during our last few days. There are 2 or 3 potential 'rest' days too, which will give us a bit more freedom to go to different places.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Have you planned which parks on which days yet ? Do you know how Extra Magic Hours fall during you stay ?

I would suggest planning your 14 days NOW, before you make your dining reservations. Its far easier to book meals around the parks that you're in, rather than working a schedule around your dining

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Have you planned which parks on which days yet ? Do you know how Extra Magic Hours fall during you stay ?

I would suggest planning your 14 days NOW, before you make your dining reservations. Its far easier to book meals around the parks that you're in, rather than working a schedule around your dining
That's partially where I was going with it, yeap. So, exactly this.

Park layout day by day helps a lot to plan ADRs.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Possibly - a list of up to 14 good/popular restaurants can easily be supplied.

Its good to have a plan though - you can't just wing it at WDW, its far too busy nowadays
Yeap, agreed.

Though, if all he wants is a top 14 list...

#1 - Jiko (2 credit) Go for dinner, show up at AKL with enough time to tour the savannah walk beforehand, and hang out after to chill and have coffee and sit in the rockers.

#2 - California Grill for Wishes (2 credit)

#3 - Rose and Crown for Illuminations (1 credit)

#4 - Le Cellier

#5 - Yachtsman (2 credit, iirc)

#6 - Biergarten (but that's because I love German Food...it's not the best German Food (I make better at home), but I'm glad to have it.

#7 - Teppan Eto

#8 - San Angel

#9 - Brown Derby (2 credits)

#10 - Sci Fi Dine In

#11 - BoG

# 12 - Liberty Tree

# 13 - Bongos (DTD)

# 14 - Raglan Road (DTD)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Only one to add to the above ^^ Crystal Palace - a trip to WDW isn't complete without a CP breakfast (preferably before the park opens)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Only one to add to the above ^^ Crystal Palace - a trip to WDW isn't complete without a CP breakfast (preferably before the park opens)
Mixed...

CP has the better breakfast, but there is also something to say about Cindy's pre-park.

(I'd agree though, CP has the better breakfast!)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeap, agreed.

Though, if all he wants is a top 14 list...

#1 - Jiko (2 credit) Go for dinner, show up at AKL with enough time to tour the savannah walk beforehand, and hang out after to chill and have coffee and sit in the rockers.

#2 - California Grill for Wishes (2 credit)

#3 - Rose and Crown for Illuminations (1 credit)

#4 - Le Cellier

#5 - Yachtsman (2 credit, iirc)

#6 - Biergarten (but that's because I love German Food...it's not the best German Food (I make better at home), but I'm glad to have it.

#7 - Teppan Eto

#8 - San Angel

#9 - Brown Derby (2 credits)

#10 - Sci Fi Dine In

#11 - BoG

# 12 - Liberty Tree

# 13 - Bongos (DTD)

# 14 - Raglan Road (DTD)

YES and I would say CM. The food is ok but the experience is MAGICAL!

Matt_Black

Here are my picks...

1) Sanaa- Great food if you want to step outside of your comfort zone.
2) 1900 Park Fare- Very good buffet, in my opinion (though others are not so keen on it), and the character interactions are GREAT.
3) 50s Prime Time Cafe- I love this place.
4) Liberty Tree Tavern- If it's open; I think renovations were being done, I haven't been following. But great food. Just skip the mustard greens; they're an acquired taste.

I was going to suggest Rose & Crown, but you're from the UK, so I suspect you're not flying to Disney to get food you can easily get at home.

dreamfinder

@englanddg has a decent list, but I'd skip Le Cellier (its a 2 credit steakhouse that isn't really worth 2 credits, especialliy if you hit up Yachtsman), and possibly Brown Derby (also probably not worth 2 credits). I'd suggest taking a flier on the patio bar area at Brown Derby (doesn't accept DDP, so it would be out of pocket) and eating off that smaller menu personally. But you really need to figure out where you will be when, that really helps to suggest options. It's usually not worth killing an hour on transport to another park just to eat there most times.

grim-grinning_toast

Some of the really, really good places use two table service credits per person, here's a list of them:
http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/disney-dining-plan/participating-restaurants#

But also, since you'll be there for two weeks - you probably won't run into this problem quite as much, but I would seriously consider making your reservations for later in the evening. When my fiance and I went with this dining plan, it ended up being *way* more food than we were prepared for and we felt like it constrained us to be in one park in order to make our reservations. So, we would make it for around 6 or 7, and then once we got out - the park was only open for about thirty more minutes and it was just so such an awkward time frame. And! We were so full that we just wanted to go back to the hotel and lay down, hahaha. I think making the reservations for later allows you more time to get where you need to go AND more time to enjoy the parks.

We'll be there from November 9-15! Maybe we'll see you around :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom