advice on MP3 players

Tramp

Original Poster
crazycalf said:
It would be easier to buy a player with that can play .wma files if you are already using wmp10. However it is not that hard to convert you files.

I use to use a free program called dbPowerAMP to convert files from one format to another. It worked really well.

Here's the link to it:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Woody13

Tramp said:
Cool, Woody...I like the idea of having some other options. I'm going to go to Circuit City tomorrow and check them out and I might as well look in Radio Shack while I'm at it. :wave:
You can see it at www.mymusix.com and at the Radio Shack site. My wife and I are getting ready to drive down to WDW this week. I have an FM transmitter that plugs into the MP3 player in my car. So, rather than having to bring along a big stack of CD's, I can just bring 3 or 4 SD cards loaded with our favorite music and play those tunes for the entire trip. More than enough music for the round trip. :wave:

LSUxStitch

no2apprentice said:
If your iPod doesn't carge by USB cable, how do you charge it? For the Nano, it charges by USB cable from computer, docking station (which is attached by USB to computer), or plugging USB cable into A/C adapter which does not ship with Nano.

The USB cord that is used to charge and transfer...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/GeauxTooTie/Random/IM000787.jpg

The A/C adapter with the USB plug in the back...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/GeauxTooTie/Random/IM000788.jpg

And another shot of the A/C adapter....
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/GeauxTooTie/Random/IM000789.jpg

Nemo14

Woody13 said:
I have several MP3 players, but my favorite is the MyMusix PD-205. Instead of using flash memory, this device uses SD memory cards to store your songs. It supports MP3 and WMA formats and a 1GB card (included) holds about 1,000 songs. It can use up to a 2GB card (2,000 songs). So, you can put as many songs as you like on various cards and pop them into the machine as you wish. With Windows XP, it requires no software drivers.

It's easy to copy songs from the computer to the card. You can plug the device into a USB port and copy songs to it or you can just put the card in a card reader and copy the songs direct from the computer folders. The songs copy from computer to the card as fast as your computer USB speed (i.e. 1.1 or 2).

The PD-205 uses one AAA battery that will play for 12 hours. It's on sale now at Radio Shack for $69.99 (it normally sells for $119.99). I'm very pleased with mine. I really prefer the WMA format over all others.
Woody,
Thanks for the info about this. I just bought 2 of them for my DD and DS for Christmas - I couldn't believe that they even came with the 1 gig card for $70!

Woody13

Nemo14 said:
Woody,
Thanks for the info about this. I just bought 2 of them for my DD and DS for Christmas - I couldn't believe that they even came with the 1 gig card for $70!
Indeed, that's the beauty of this deal. You could throw the player away and keep the SanDisk 1 gig card, and you're still ahead. Quality at a good price is nice.

Legacy

I just recently bought the Creative Zen Microphoto. It's an 8 Gig player, that also holds photos and data files along with music. I really enjoy it. More storage and a better price than the IPod Nanos. Also, its thumb bar is effective and natural. My only complaint is that it will sometimes "catch" between tracks so it's not a fluid transition.

Best part though is that I don't HAVE to use ITunes. I can if I want, but it's compatible with nearly any software.

Mitzer

Hey Tramp :wave:

I don't know a ton about MP3 players, but I can give you this bit of information. I gave my nephew a Phillips MP3 a few years back and he had tons of problems with it. The MP3 wasn't so much the problem as much as Phillips didn't want to stand behind their product and/or warranty. It took literarily 9 months to get it all resolved and about 50 phone calls and letters...so all I can say is avoid Phillips products due to poor (or should I say lacking) customer service.

Have a great Christmas Tramp and your daughter will love whatever you get her.

Wendy

Mitzer

Legacy said:
I just recently bought the Creative Zen Microphoto. It's an 8 Gig player, that also holds photos and data files along with music. I really enjoy it.

That is the replacement one my nephew finally got. I dont' know anything about this product (hadn't heard of one before he got his)...but I know he loves his also.

dxwwf3

Ok I just got an iPod Nano. Well actually my Mom just won it as a door prize at her job's Christmas party and I have a question for any of you iPod'ers. Does it normally take a really long time to switch the iPod music settings from automatically update to manually manage songs? Or to switch to enable disk use mode? It seems my iPod has been updating for over 5 minutes and it still says to not disconnect. Is this normal or is something wrong with my player? Thanks alot.

Lil'mermaid

Just dont buy a Dell one. I've had nothing but trouble with mine. Its broken 4 or 5 times and the company does keep replacing it but it doesnt seem like it was worth saving the extra 100 bucks if it just keeps dying.

When it works, its awesome, and I like how easy it is to put music on. The battery lasts pretty long, when my last one broke it still had about a 10 hour life (down from 12).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom