Advice on getting to MK early on 10/1 for the 50th kickoff.

TTA94

Original Poster
I have family who is booked to stay at AKL on 10/1 for the 50th launch and I’m trying to think what would be the best and fastest way to get to MK early on 10/1? I guess to be one of the firsts in the park that will require “camping out”, so to do this, would dealing with the MK parking lot and the TTC be the only option? Obviously guests staying a the MK resorts will be able to get in line first, then TTC guests second once the fairy and monorail lines open. Not sure if the resort monorail line will open first? I would assume the busses would open at the same time as the TTC transportation?

Unfortunately Im not sure how past Anniversaries have worked as far as transportation goes. I know it’s possible that transportation hours on 10/1 may be different than they usually are on regular days.

DisneyJoe

I have family who is booked to stay at AKL on 10/1 for the 50th launch and I’m trying to think what would be the best and fastest way to get to MK early on 10/1? I guess to be one of the firsts in the park that will require “camping out”, so to do this, would dealing with the MK parking lot and the TTC be the only option? Obviously guests staying a the MK resorts will be able to get in line first, then TTC guests second once the fairy and monorail lines open. Not sure if the resort monorail line will open first? I would assume the busses would open at the same time as the TTC transportation?

Unfortunately Im not sure how past Anniversaries have worked as far as transportation goes. I know it’s possible that transportation hours on 10/1 may be different than they usually are on regular days.
Disney resort buses to MK should begin running before the ferry starts from the TTC.

They could also try Uber/Lyft:
- to the Contemporary and walk from there to the MK entrance
or
- to the Grand Floridian (and even Poly) and use the new walkway from the GF to the MK.

JohnD

I'm bouncing off this one. I'm staying off-property at Marriott Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossing during the anniversary. I'm an AP holder and my 10/1 reservation is for Epcot. I guess my only option is to get up super early and drive to Epcot. Because parking is free to APs, you can bet I'm going to use $25 for preferred parking. I hope to park hop to MK later via the monorail then monorail back to Epcot later in the evening to pick up my car.

TTA94

Original Poster
Disney resort buses to MK should begin running before the ferry starts from the TTC.

They could also try Uber/Lyft:
- to the Contemporary and walk from there to the MK entrance
or
- to the Grand Floridian (and even Poly) and use the new walkway from the GF to the MK.

I was thinking the Uber idea, but I don’t know if Disney security may be very strict about ubers dropping people off in front of the contemporary. I could see Disney security forcing people and the Uber drivers to use the guests drop off area which I believe is at the TTC?

Still would be easier than driving there and waiting for the toll booth to open, then have a battle of who can get through the toll booth and park the quickest and then people running to the TTC to get in line first lol. If the Uber drop off area is where I think it is, that would help a little bit.

nickys

Premium Member
I would definitely use Disney transport for that day.

Having experienced NYE I know that the Disney buses were able to use back roads and even kerbsides to get through when traffic was at a complete standstill.

10/1 is not a day to drive yourself to the TTC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom