Advice for in-laws MDE set-up

MiddKid

Original Poster
Thank you in advance for any advice on how to set up this very specific scenario!

Situation
We're going to WDW in April for the Star Wars 1/2 Marathon. DVC Members and we booked a 2BR Villa at the Beach Club. We invited my in-laws and added them as guests in our room. Being that I'm planning everything (and they are not the most technology advanced folks), I simply set up new "friend" profiles under my account.
My brother-in-law and his family are staying at the Boardwalk the week before we arrive. Upon deciding to go with us, my in-laws decided to arrive early to spend time with them. My brother-in-law already had a 1BR Villa at the Boardwalk so my in-laws had to book a separate Studio Villa. My brother-in-law booked this room for them.
My brother-in-law booked dining already for them for their portion of the trip and all the dining I booked for our week I booked with those guest profiles I created for my in-laws.
Last night my in-laws bought 8-Day Hoppers to cross across both trips.

Question
I want to make sure I do this right. They have their own reservation at BWV for 3 nights and they are on my 2BR BCV reservation for the rest of the trip. We haven't yet created their own profiles. What is the best way to link their tickets now? Ideally, come our FP+ window, my brother-in-law will be able to book their FP+ reservations with his family and I will be able to book their FP+ reservations with my family. While they don't need "official" profiles as they likely won't do their own planning or use the app, I could easily set that up as I have access to their email accounts if it means that's the best way to "link" their reservations, tickets, etc.

At the end of the day, ideally I'd end up with:
- Somehow link their two reservations
- Link their 8-day hoppers that will cross across the reservations
- Not loose their existing dining reservations
- Enable my brother-in-law and me to book their FP+ tickets in February

Assumed Solution
I'm assuming the right solution is to make their accounts official accounts tied to their emails. Then both my brother-in-law and I can have those official accounts claim the existing guest spots we booked rooms and dining under. I'm just not 100% clear how the FP+ booking window will work. Presumably with us as their "Friends and Family" then we can book their FPs for them. In fact, now that I think about it, my in-laws will have an advantage over my family as they'll hit their 10 day window with their arrival date which is 4 days before ours!

Ahhhh!!! Thanks all.

jgj123

You can do this one of two ways.

1 - create a MDE account for each of them. Have their accounts friend each other and then friend both accounts to your account and your brother's. Finally, enter the appropriate reservation info for the separate stay on one of their accounts and add the other. you can then enter the reservation shared with you and add them.

2 - create profiles under your account for them that you manage. Then friend your brother. You can then enter the reservation info for the separate room for both of them as well as include them on your shared reservation.

Fast pass selections can be done from any linked account as can dining.

We've done this in the past with managed accounts under one family member and more recently we've changed some of the managed accounts to individual accounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom