Advice for All Star Music

Sbk1234

Original Poster
I just made my hotel reservations for my April trip with my wife and 17 year old daughter. Due to finances, we are staying at the All-Star Music. Wouldn’t be my first choice, but it’s either this or nothing.
My open ended question is what advice do the experts here have for me to make the most of the trip? Although they can’t guarantee anything, is there anywhere in the resort I should request as a preferred location? We plan on being at rope drop every day. No car so we will rely on Disney transportation.

would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks.

mightynine

If you've booked a preferred room (note these will cost a little more), you should get a building close to the main hall.

I just stayed in Calypso 1, and it was a short walk to the bus stop.

1639158004021.png

Sbk1234

Original Poster
Due to cost, I booked standard room. I can see how much more it would cost to upgrade to preferred.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
I picked a far away perimeter room on the top floor because I wanted quiet. I didn't think the walk was that bad.

Agreed. In the big scheme of walking at Disney I didn’t think the difference in distance between a preferred room and a standard room was that bad.

I think sometimes people overdramatize here about the values @Sbk1234. I’m sure you’ll still have a lovely time.

Sbk1234

Original Poster
The rooms are fine. All Star Music is great. My favorite Disney trip growing up was the one where we stayed at All Star Music. It’s still significantly larger than like a room on a cruise ship. ASMu can be noisy, I’d suggest if you like quiet asking for a room facing away from pools or common areas.
Honestly, the only noise I'd be worried about would be late at night when we're trying to sleep. Depending on how late the parks are open Easter week, that's probably at least 10 or 11 pm. We'll be getting up early to open up the parks, so pools probably won't even be open yet.

castlecake2.0

All Star Music is my fave of all the values after Pop ( only because pop has skyliner). Music has BEAUTIFUL grounds, especially in the Jazz area. The resort is easy to navigate and has a pretty good menu at the food court. During slower hours then busses might be shared with Movies but mostly has its own dedicated busses. The rooms are all recently refurbished and are nice, clean, and very user friendly. I think you will have a great time!

DisneyDreamer08

I am staying at Music for the first time this January and I can’t wait. We stayed at Movies back in January 2020 and the refurbished rooms are so nice. The beds are higher off the floor so you can store suitcases underneath. There are tons of outlets and USB ports. There’s a sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom area. And there are coffee makers in the room 🤗
I am also booked in a standard room. I am hoping for the Broadway section just based on theming.

cjack300zx

Pay close attention to where your room is located to the neighboring resorts (sports and movies). My last stay at Movies my standard room was actually a closer walk to Music’s bus stop than it was to Movies bus stop. Keep that in mind to when catching a bus back to your resort if there is two bus stops for both movies and music and the movies bus is there and the music bus is still waiting for it to arrive it’s not that long of a walk from movies to music. All depends on where your room is located at your home resort

MotherofaPrincessLover

I just had a trip at All Star Movies. I was somewhat nervous because we usually stay at DVC resorts but I actually found the resort great. Bus service was phenomenal. The rooms are basic but they have them laid out great to maximize the space. Our room was "far" from the lobby but I didn't find the walk at all bad. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Sbk1234

Original Poster
I just had a trip at All Star Movies. I was somewhat nervous because we usually stay at DVC resorts but I actually found the resort great. Bus service was phenomenal. The rooms are basic but they have them laid out great to maximize the space. Our room was "far" from the lobby but I didn't find the walk at all bad. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
That's good to hear. I stayed at the All Star Movies about 22 years ago, in the Mighty Ducks section. But it was so long ago, I don't know what has changed. Strangely, the biggest issue for me was the bus stops. They just weren't attractive places to wait, like they are in the other hotels I've stayed at, such as Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, and Port Orleans French Quarter. I've since stayed at the Coronado Springs, and was pleased with the nice covered bus stop. lol

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
That's good to hear. I stayed at the All Star Movies about 22 years ago, in the Mighty Ducks section. But it was so long ago, I don't know what has changed. Strangely, the biggest issue for me was the bus stops. They just weren't attractive places to wait, like they are in the other hotels I've stayed at, such as Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, and Port Orleans French Quarter. I've since stayed at the Coronado Springs, and was pleased with the nice covered bus stop. lol
The pro of the All Star bus stops is that there’s a queue. So late arrivers can’t* cut.

*I mean they can walk around the queue but if you do it it’s way more obvious that you are an a-hole.

MotherofaPrincessLover

That is very true about the bus stops and I especially wouldn't want to wait in them if it's really hot. But as @CastAStone said, at least there's a queue.

micknminnie

We usually always stay at a value. My only tip would be to ask for the highest floor. We were at Movies in November and every night when we were getting ready to sleep, the people above us must have been coming back from the parks and it was noisy with the walking around. Definitely ask for a top floor.

Diamond Dot

A tip if you are staying in the Rock building, if at any point you are waiting for your bus to come back from the park and the All Stars Sports bus is waiting hop on that and cut through the car park, it may be quicker than waiting for the next Music bus, especially if you spot it leaving as you get to the bus stop at MK.

Dad 2 M & M

A tip if you are staying in the Rock building, if at any point you are waiting for your bus to come back from the park and the All Stars Sports bus is waiting hop on that and cut through the car park, it may be quicker than waiting for the next Music bus, especially if you spot it leaving as you get to the bus stop at MK.
Same Advice with Broadway and Movies’ Bus

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom