Advice: Dining Availability Mid/Late August

Mike730

I’ve been checking dining availability for parties of 6-10 in mid August, as the days open 60 days out. So far availability in general is severely limited. Sometimes I can find times on the app for parties of 4 or less but I have had almost no success for parties of 6 or more. Often when I search for dinner anywhere across property at 60 days out only a few restaurants show up, and those are mostly Disney Springs. The dining for my stay opens next week and I’m worried about getting anything at all!
Can anyone provide any advice? Is it better to wait until 7am and get a CM on the phone for larger parties?

RememberWhen

You may need to book several reservations for your party. We’ve done large groups before, and if you arrive a bit early and tell them you’d like to be near each other they will usually try.
We’ve got a group of 15 going in October and I anticipate needing 2-3 separate reservations for any sit downs we want to do.
If you’re in charge of making the ADRs for your group, and you’re making multiple reservations for the same time and day, you’ll need to make someone else the lead guest on some. You don’t need to mark all the people (unless it’s a prepaid thing like Hoop Dee Doo) but you need to do the “other” reservation first and the one with you as the lead last. The system won’t let you make a reservation if you already have one booked at that time, even for someone else. It’s helpful if you have a spouse or sibling or parent or someone who will share their login information with you so you can access the reservation.

Upvote 0

Mike730

Original Poster
You may need to book several reservations for your party. We’ve done large groups before, and if you arrive a bit early and tell them you’d like to be near each other they will usually try.
We’ve got a group of 15 going in October and I anticipate needing 2-3 separate reservations for any sit downs we want to do.
If you’re in charge of making the ADRs for your group, and you’re making multiple reservations for the same time and day, you’ll need to make someone else the lead guest on some. You don’t need to mark all the people (unless it’s a prepaid thing like Hoop Dee Doo) but you need to do the “other” reservation first and the one with you as the lead last. The system won’t let you make a reservation if you already have one booked at that time, even for someone else. It’s helpful if you have a spouse or sibling or parent or someone who will share their login information with you so you can access the reservation.
Great advice, thanks.

Can you clarify about making the second reservation? If I make a reservation and put my brother as the lead and identify no other guests, can I make another reservation at a similar time and put myself as the lead? Or do I have to actually sign in as my brother first to make this work?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Great advice, thanks.

Can you clarify about making the second reservation? If I make a reservation and put my brother as the lead and identify no other guests, can I make another reservation at a similar time and put myself as the lead? Or do I have to actually sign in as my brother first to make this work?
Ideally, sign in as your brother. That way you can change the reservation later.

But I believe you can also book it from your own MDE account as just put your brother down as the lead guest. As long as the one with you as lead is the last to be booked. But the downside to doing it that way is that you won’t be able to cancel or modify the ADR where your brother is the lead. You’d need to call dining.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Ideally, sign in as your brother. That way you can change the reservation later.

But I believe you can also book it from your own MDE account as just put your brother down as the lead guest. As long as the one with you as lead is the last to be booked. But the downside to doing it that way is that you won’t be able to cancel or modify the ADR where your brother is the lead. You’d need to call dining.
I’ve definitely booked 2-3 reservations at the same time for various family members, all from my account. You can do it from your account, but it is convenient to be able to access the account of the lead guest if you need to make changes.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Also, I was playing around and definitely keep checking back or adjusting the time you’re looking for. Sometimes things would pop up if I searched for 6pm that hadn’t been available when looking for “dinner”. You can also try touring plans reservation finder. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom