Advice - Animal Kingdom Lodge

HouCuseChickie

This is a GREAT point! While I still stand by my opinion that the bus ride isn't as bad as one make it sound, what @HouCuseChickie states here was also our experience. We never waited long for bus like we did for some other Deluxe or Value resorts.

And that's just it...it's not a bad ride. I mean...there's no "are we there yet???" from the kids, or anything like that. It's just a little bit longer than other resorts.

Gaston's gal

We have taken a whole day and just participated in the different activities for the kids. They are fun and educational! (don't tell the kids the last part) We have also spent several evenings enjoying the pools or wandering out to the savannah to use the night vision goggles or sit by the bonfire. My daughter wants to sleep at night on the balcony so she can be closer to the animals. It is an amazing resort! Enjoy your time there.

yedliW

We spent a week at Kidani Village last year and loved it. We had a 2BR Savannah view villa (DVC). The common areas of the resort can be cramped, and the store is pretty small and limited (nothing like the one over at Jambo House). There can be a lot of walking if you get a room further down the hall.

Otterhead

Stayed at Kidani Village last month, loved the resort, loved the room. No problem at all with buses. Kidani's gift/sundries shop is quite small and depending on where your room is, the walk from the lobby can be surprisingly long, but the view of the savannah is amazing and worth it.

I should add that everyone told me that the bus ride to the parks from AKL was long, but it seemed very simple and easy... I usually stay at Saratoga Springs, and that resort seemed like a slog from anything.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We stayed there once. I'm not a huge fan. It's definitely nice, but I think the pool (although big and has zero entry) is kinda just blah. I will tell you this I wouldn't stay there without a Savannah view.
We got this room right here:
AKL.JPG

View was very nice...but let me tell you something after a day at the parks...Holy good God was that a walk.

Also I can tell you what Animal Kingdom Park (and especially Kilimanjaro Safari) lost a lot of it's "wow" and appeal when you know you're coming home to this place.

Anyway, I thought I'd chime in with some what of an opposing view point. I don't hate the place or anything, it's just for the money I'd rather save a few bucks stay at PORS.

If you got the money to drop and you like animals - the joint is indeed beautiful.

Tuvalu

We stayed there once. I'm not a huge fan. It's definitely nice, but I think the pool (although big and has zero entry) is kinda just blah. I will tell you this I wouldn't stay there without a Savannah view.
View attachment 85652
View was very nice...but let me tell you something after a day at the parks...Holy good God was that a walk.

Also I can tell you what Animal Kingdom Park (and especially Kilimanjaro Safari) lost a lot of it's "wow" and appeal when you know you're coming home to this place.

Anyway, I thought I'd chime in with some what of an opposing view point. I don't hate the place or anything, it's just for the money I'd rather save a few bucks stay at PORS.

If you got the money to drop and you like animals - the joint is indeed beautiful.
We stayed in the exact area as you...the very end of that hallway...view was spectacular (more animals outside our room than we ever see on Kilimanjaro Safari) but we were thankful it was only for two nights.

I
View attachment 85652

I can agree with you that if you are going to stay in Animal Kingdom Lodge you are not going to appreciate Kilimanjaro Safari as much. If you want that experience and not have it when you go to bed each night the Yacht and Beach club might be the way to go and just go ride the safari ride once or twice in your stay there. However, if you want to have the animal experience each night I truly recommend AKL Jambo or the Village. Both are great resorts, the Village will give you different types of animals than the Jambo House so read up on where you want to stay. If you are a stickler about seeing Giraffe and Zebra then Jambo House is likely where you will want to be.

Good criticisms! All depends on what you want!

zurgandfriend

WE stayed at the AKL once. The pool was great, Boma and Jiko are great restaurants, we have not eaten at the Indian themed restaurant yet. It was great to look out and see the animals. The only downside was when we opened the slider the smell reminded me of being on the farm when I was a kid.

Indy_UK

I'm so excited for our stay there next fall. While we are on the dining plan, we think we may order some cereal and snacks from garden grocer as we aren't big breakfast eaters.

YankeeMouse

In my opinion, it is the resort that most feels "away from it all". The distance from most of the parks other than AK is compensated by the theming, the animals and the unique, quiet and relaxing feel of the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom