Adventures by Disney - Hollywood & Disneyland

Mystic

My mom and I are giving serious consideration to taking the Adventures by Disney trip that goes to Hollywood and Disneyland. We'll be two adults travelling without kids. How exactly do the backstage tours work if there are young kids on the tour (mainly at Disneyland)? I know 90% of the backstage tours at WDW are not open to anyone under 16 so how would a backstage tour work with little kids at Disneyland? We don't have anything against kids or people bringing their kids on the trip, we just don't know how it works exactly. Would we be better off taking an adult only trip? Any help would be appreciated.

Buried20KLeague

My mom and I are giving serious consideration to taking the Adventures by Disney trip that goes to Hollywood and Disneyland. We'll be two adults travelling without kids. How exactly do the backstage tours work if there are young kids on the tour (mainly at Disneyland)? I know 90% of the backstage tours at WDW are not open to anyone under 16 so how would a backstage tour work with little kids at Disneyland? We don't have anything against kids or people bringing their kids on the trip, we just don't know how it works exactly. Would we be better off taking an adult only trip? Any help would be appreciated.

I was pretty sure there is an age restriction on that Adv. by Dis trip, isn't there? I know that there's a minimum age of 16 on backstage tours at DL and WDW (I'm pretty sure), so I would assume this would follow the same guideline.

As a side note, if you want to know a TON about that Adventures by Disney offering, check out the podcast "Inside the Magic". Ricky had a listener give a great day-by day detail of what went on. It was spread out over a handful of podcasts, but I'm pretty sure the show description will tell you if it's in the content for that show. Definitely worth the listen. It was a couple months back.

The tour sounded great, and apparently included quite a few "surprise" moments that no one was expecting, the largest of which was a visit to the Jim Henson Creature Shop. They also did something unexpected with the Pirates of the Caribbean at DL, but he said they weren't allowed to say what that was.

EDIT TO ADD: Since I've got all the Inside the Magic episodes here in my iTunes, I just looked up which ones contain the content on this trip... They are: 174, 175, 177, 181, 184, and 188.

Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0

Mystic

Original Poster
Thanks for the response. I've read a number of blogs about this particular trip and we're pretty sure it's one we want to do. We were just curious about the age limit for this tour consider the number of 'backstage' things that are included. According to the FAQ on the ABD website, it's open to children 4 years old and up but they recommend the child be at least 5. This seems counter to Disney's 16+ policy for it's 'backstage' tours.

Upvote 0

NadieMasK2

Sorry I don't know the answer but just wanted to say you are lucky to do that trip! It looks amazing. I think it would be worth the $. I would want to buy one of everything at the Glendale studios shop though!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Adventures by Disney tours generally have 2 tour guides. A local guide and a Disney guide. While one guide will have the adults doing adult things like seeing a museum or taking a tour the other guide will be doing things with the children to occupy their time. This trip does have many tours that include a lot of walking and that is one of the reasons why they would prefer children to be at least 5. There will also be some late nights which should be taken into consideration. The children will be on the tours. Keep in mind the the Adventures by Disney tours do limit the amount of people for each adventure date. They tend to keep their groups small.

If you need any help with booking or would like more information please feel free to contact me. And remember we do not charge any fees for our services.

Pam

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I'm not 100% sure but it seems like I read somewhere, maybe it was the tour dates for ABD, but I think they have some adult-only tours scheduled. I also really really want to do the Hollywood/Disneyland tour. I hope you get to go!

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

Thanks for the response. I've read a number of blogs about this particular trip and we're pretty sure it's one we want to do. We were just curious about the age limit for this tour consider the number of 'backstage' things that are included. According to the FAQ on the ABD website, it's open to children 4 years old and up but they recommend the child be at least 5. This seems counter to Disney's 16+ policy for it's 'backstage' tours.

Lets not forget, money talks. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I'm not 100% sure but it seems like I read somewhere, maybe it was the tour dates for ABD, but I think they have some adult-only tours scheduled. I also really really want to do the Hollywood/Disneyland tour. I hope you get to go!

Just give me some dates and we will get this booked..:animwink:

Pam:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom