Adventurers Club Flashback

Sonconato

Original Poster
On Tuesday, I went to see a dinner show called "Capone's," and one of the actors looked familiar to my son and I. He was very funny and excellent at improvisation, especially in audience participation. About halfway into the show, we figured that we might have seen him in the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special. So, at the end of the show my husband went up to him and asked him if he may have been in the special. It turned out he was, but primarily he was in the Adventurers Club as the character "Hathaway Browne." In fact he had been performing there for thirteen years, and misses the job dearly. He is easily found on YouTube. The show was enjoyable overall, and the food was pretty good; an Italian-style buffet with unlimited alcohol. I don't know if he performs everyday, but this show is a good alternative to WDW, and is close by. Also, is the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special even happening this year?

Cmdr_Crimson

On Tuesday, I went to see a dinner show called "Capone's," and one of the actors looked familiar to my son and I. He was very funny and excellent at improvisation, especially in audience participation. About halfway into the show, we figured that we might have seen him in the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special. So, at the end of the show my husband went up to him and asked him if he may have been in the special. It turned out he was, but primarily he was in the Adventurers Club as the character "Hathaway Browne." In fact he had been performing there for thirteen years, and misses the job dearly. He is easily found on YouTube. The show was enjoyable overall, and the food was pretty good; an Italian-style buffet with unlimited alcohol. I don't know if he performs everyday, but this show is a good alternative to WDW, and is close by. Also, is the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special even happening this year?

There is not Holiday Special this year this would have been announced waaaaay back before the holidays would have started...

But, Getting back to the post...Some of the Adv Club performers do occasionally pop up throughout the Orlando area do other shows for example...
Such as Otis T Wren (All photo's found on Google Images)
2992158647_d29e6eba3d.jpg

Can also be a Makeup artist at Universal Horror makeup show...
horroredgar.jpg

Be Guano Joe at Animal Kingdom..
r-1421462788-IMG_0900.JPG

And also be one of the Former World Showcase Players...
king_arthur_pic.jpg

Last edited:

Sonconato

Original Poster
There is not Holiday Special this year this would have been announced waaaaay back before the holidays would have started...

But, Getting back to the post...Some of the Adv Club performers do occasionally pop up throughout the Orlando area do other shows for example...
Such as Otis T Wren
2992158647_d29e6eba3d.jpg

Can also be a Makeup artist at Universal Horror makeup show...
horroredgar.jpg

Be Guano Joe at Animal Kingdom..
r-1421462788-IMG_0900.JPG

And also be one of the Former World Showcase Players...
king_arthur_pic.jpg
That's the guy! I wish I saw him in Flights of Wonder. Thanks for posting all those photos, and saying where each photo came from. I didn't realize how many things he was in.

Cmdr_Crimson

That's the guy! I wish I saw him in Flights of Wonder. Thanks for posting all those photos, and saying where each photo came from. I didn't realize how many things he was in.

There is also this performer who played Emil Bleehall, Officer Peabody, (Pics Found on Google Images)
3904220034_695c8dcbce.jpg
14a3e2da4cb0d6506ab5b1f3898d2c74.jpg

Gus the Disney Magical Express Bus Driver..
IMG_3915-600x450.jpg

And occasionally Ben Franklin...This clip is one of my favorites as he gives a Hearty "Kungaloosh";)

JIMINYCR

Never been to Capones but we want to one day. We so much miss the Adventurers club and the other venues that were shut down. It made for a fun, entertaining evening. All these entertainers had immense talent, its good to see they moved on and stayed in the business of bringing us joy.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Capone's looks like fun... anyone have a rating from 1 to 10, one being the worst and 10 being the best?

Sonconato

Original Poster
Capone's looks like fun... anyone have a rating from 1 to 10, one being the worst and 10 being the best?
I would also agree with @johnny johnston with his rating of 8/10. My family and I don't drink, but it is all-you-can-drink beer, wine, and cocktails and the buffet food was pretty good...and that is coming from a half-Italian. The majority of the food was Italian-based, but they had a carving station with beef and chicken as well as nachos (an odd addition, if I say so myself). It was a great experience, especially with audience participation. With that being said, make sure you stay away from the front if you don't like being roasted. It is funny if you are not on receiving end, though. However, my opinion may be a little skewed because I was in the VIP section right up front. Also, we saw the two-hour Christmas special. I don't know how long the regular show is, but I am pretty sure it is around the same time length.

asianway

I believe the Hathaway known as Tombstone has a larger interest in Capones, either as writer or maybe more.

POLY LOVER

I pass by capones all the time and have been wanting to try it out, since the reviews here have been good, I'll put on my spats and attend a show.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

I would give it an 8 also. The show is good and the food is decent. The mixed drinks are a bit watery but I can understand why. Both times we went, we got the tickets on restaurant.com for a great price. You can also find several of the other dinner shows there.

Miami Blues

Phil Card was at the Club in the early days, and then went on to Capone's. He was always the feistiest Hathaway, and the funniest. No idea if he's still at Capone's or not.
IMG_6300.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom