Adventureland

Cody5294

Original Poster
With the rumored jungle cruise rehab on the horizon (reported by screamscape today), I believe that the rehab will be all the love we would see for Adventureland for a while. I do though think it will do the land good but I think our dream of a Indy clone won't happen for a while if ever. After JC I do think eyes will turn to TL for a makeover and then FL and then back to AL. Which order would you guys like to see happen for these three lands?

ImagineerDude

Tomorrowland needs it MUCH more than Adventureland, though I would like to see something new and exciting simply added to all the lands

The Empress Lilly

If only they would do away with the horror that is Alladin's Magic Crapfest, then I don't think AL needs any overhaul at all.

Tiki is in good shape. The Treehouse has just been done. JC needs some upkeep and paint, but little else.
Caribbean Plaza needs more extensive work. I would love to see the 'Where's Waldo with Sparrow' overlay removed from Pirates. The fountains should return. Shops should be re-opened, re-replacing the cheap vendor carts outside. And there's some other work, such as foliage, cannons and the like.

Other than that, AL is pretty low on my list of places needing a rethink.

twinnstar

For me - the tiki room refurb and a jungle cruise rehab is enough for now. those were/are my main concerns. maybe the next go around they can gut out that stupid aladdin carpetride, arrgh. I REALLY hope next is TL. I feel like all the "future" aspects of WDW is in the toilet. and that is one of the things i loved most. they need to focus on bringing that back...focus on TL, and focus on EPCOT FW for crying out loud!!!

Then FL, Then AL...

luv

I love the Tiki birds and wouldn't mind seeing a little more tropical theme on the outside and on the way in. I don't see WDW ever spending much more on the tiki birds, though, lol. Can't say that I blame them...but I do love the tiki birds!!

I notice the skippers on JC doing a poorer job all the time. I'd rather they spend more money for better skippers than spend a lot on any kind of serious refurb.

njDizFan

JC refurb has been in the plans since forever. It seems to always get pushed back. I will have to wait to actually believe it.

alissafalco

I cant stand seeing the water lines on all the animals. Can't they just go around and scrub them every once in while?? Thats the only thing that I can say really bothers me about JC

Patricia Melton

I'd love to see an Adventurers' Club Restaurant added to Adventurland. Not sure where they would put it, but maybe if they tore down existing gift shops and rebuilt the building so that the restaurant can be on the second floor and gift shops on the first floor that they could build the Adventurers' Club Restaurant there. In my mind it would somehow overlook the Jungle Cruise so that would be the view when you are dining, of the Jungle Cruise boats going by. The restaurant would have the spirit and feel of the Adventurers' Club from DtD but would be like BOG in that it would be more casual in the daytime and at night it would be sit down.

I'd like to see the rest of Adventureland really built around this, with the spirit of the place being that this is a little outpost where all the adventurers of the world come. Indy would surely fit in with that. I don't much care for the flying carpets of Aladdin but they aren't ever going anywhere as little kids love them.

I'd like to see Jungle Book added to Adventureland in some form, like in a Dark Ride. I have always found it charming and have always wondered why we never got any Jungle Book attractions in MK. I keep thinking that maybe they are saving a lot of these animal movies for DAK in the future...because there are a lot of these animal characters that could be used for dark rides focused on animals.

olinecoach61

I'd love to see an Adventurers' Club Restaurant added to Adventurland. Not sure where they would put it, but maybe if they tore down existing gift shops and rebuilt the building so that the restaurant can be on the second floor and gift shops on the first floor that they could build the Adventurers' Club Restaurant there. In my mind it would somehow overlook the Jungle Cruise so that would be the view when you are dining, of the Jungle Cruise boats going by. The restaurant would have the spirit and feel of the Adventurers' Club from DtD but would be like BOG in that it would be more casual in the daytime and at night it would be sit down.

I'd like to see the rest of Adventureland really built around this, with the spirit of the place being that this is a little outpost where all the adventurers of the world come. Indy would surely fit in with that. I don't much care for the flying carpets of Aladdin but they aren't ever going anywhere as little kids love them.

I'd like to see Jungle Book added to Adventureland in some form, like in a Dark Ride. I have always found it charming and have always wondered why we never got any Jungle Book attractions in MK. I keep thinking that maybe they are saving a lot of these animal movies for DAK in the future...because there are a lot of these animal characters that could be used for dark rides focused on animals.
The restaurant is a great idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom