Advantages and Disadvantages of Swan & Dolphin?

Kkar

This is an incredible list and alleviates all the concerns I had about booking here. Honestly the lack of Disney theming doesn’t concern me since the resorts I’ve enjoyed the most personally are Coronado and Yacht Club which both have minimal Disney/Mickey theming.

The only thing now is to find the best rate. Any ideas on where you’ve found the best rates in the past? I get a discount through my job but feel I could still find something better if I keep looking.
Joining late, but we've found the best rates going directly through the AARP site (even better than AAA). Even though you can choose the AARP code on the Marriot BonVoy site, you won't get the lowest rate unless you go book through the actual AARP site (which is powered by Expedia).

Minthorne

Some rooms have a decent view too. This was our room last weekend at the Dolphin.

A1455B06-45B8-4DFC-8DA7-1F0D6FC88999.jpeg

Notes from Neverland

One point that's worth mentioning after our recent visit - this is very much a convention hotel. Other resorts are too, but it's a focal point at the Swan & Dolphin. There can be a huge number of convention attendees in all public areas. That's not bad, per se, but we ran into trashed bathrooms in the lobby and drink glasses left all over the place in the Dolphin. It probably depends on the convention, but that's a factor to keep in mind.

Redhawk

My husband and I have stayed at the Dolphin many times and the Swan a couple of times. Haven't been there since 2017 so not sure how things are going as far as service, house cleaning, restaurants, etc. due to the pandemic. I believe the Dolphin has had a nice refurb since we were there last.

I don't think there's any perk of staying at a full Disney resort that we missed. We don't need purchases delivered to our hotel, or a long bus ride from the airport (we take SuperShuttle or Lyft). Interesting that the bus from the hotel will now take us to TTC rather than the MK, but I like to ride the monorail so that's ok, and we take the boats to Epcot. It's not true that there is no Disney theming in the common areas. I think there is just enough so that you know you're at Disney but it's not overwhelming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom