Adult Disney Content?

dreday3

Personally, who cares. It's not like you can just turn on Disney + and the shows will automatically start playing. You have to actively choose what you want to watch.
If you don't want to watch the show/movie, don't open it up and press play.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Personally, who cares. It's not like you can just turn on Disney + and the shows will automatically start playing. You have to actively choose what you want to watch.
If you don't want to watch the show/movie, don't open it up and press play.
Kind of my thoughts too. And I don't think they meant adult adult... I think they meant just not kiddie. I guess they want to compete with Prime and Netflix. As much as I love Disney parks, I don't subscribe to Disney+. Maybe I'm in the minority as far as Disney fans go?

Disstevefan1

Worth a try. In any event, its common to TWDC to change direction immediately when needed , so if they give it a try and its not working, they can revert the change.

dreday3

Kind of my thoughts too. And I don't think they meant adult adult... I think they meant just not kiddie. I guess they want to compete with Prime and Netflix. As much as I love Disney parks, I don't subscribe to Disney+. Maybe I'm in the minority as far as Disney fans go?

I also would describe myself as more a Disney Parks fan than just a "Disney" fan (as in shows/movies/etc.)

But we are 2 adults who have Disney +. I enjoy the original programming they have - Imagineers, behind the scenes stuff, the Animal Kingdom series was great, Jeff Goldblum. I looooved The Mysterious Benedict Society. I enjoy having all the Disney and Pixar movies at my fingertips. I'll often say "it's a Coco kind of night!" :D He loves the Marvel and Star Wars stuff. It's only about $8 a month after taxes, we find it well worth it.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

They aren’t about to put on and kids are watching other channels with much more openly blatant adult content even on prime time sitcom and comedy shows. Disney will go for it if not for just having more content available and entice more adult only families to sign on. After all, Disney + isn’t just Mickey cartoons. Responsible parents should be monitoring what their kids tune into, but reality is that that’s not happening. Disney isn’t responsible for doing what the parents should be doing. Their interest is doing what will be best for selling the packages.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Sorry for the triple-post but I can't get past how clueless the author is about Disney's strategy. Disney cares about total subscribers, and a bundle subscriber counts as 3. "Chapek wants to expand content on D+ to juice subs" doesn't even make sense on its face.

This Motley Fool article is a ripoff of a ScreenRant article from three days ago, which is itself a ripoff of a clickbait article published at "Puck" a week ago. It's completely made up.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

Though I am a big fan of both the movies and the parks, I do care about the parks more than I do about the movies and shows so I'm fine with whatever goes on with Disney+ as long as they don't raise the price for which I am paying for the service. You can choose to or not to watch whatever "adult" content they plan on adding.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The article did mention there was a push to put adult content on Disney plus...just dont know why there would be, as it would put less value on Hulu
The only adult content that makes sense on Disney+ would be content that aligns with one of the existing brand pillars. If they wanted to make Moon Knight super violent, for example, leave it on Disney+ to keep the MCU together but slap on a content warning and parental controls.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This article is no-source bullcrap. It's complete nonsense.

Disney+ is not supposed to compete with Netflix. The Disney Bundle™️ is supposed to compete with Netflix. Disney isn't going to nuke the Hulu business to prop up Disney+. It makes absolutely zero sense.

"Hey we added D+ subs (and lost a ton of Hulu subs)! isn't a win."
Plus outside of the colonies we don't get Hulu, so they have banded all the "adult" programming in to the package under the Star banner.

Club Cooloholic

The only adult content that makes sense on Disney+ would be content that aligns with one of the existing brand pillars. If they wanted to make Moon Knight super violent, for example, leave it on Disney+ to keep the MCU together but slap on a content warning and parental controls.
Yeah, I suppose they could do that. Though to me, it would make sense to break those off for Hulu, the Marvel fans will want both.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Lol Disney+ here in the UK has tons of adult content. Pretty much everything that is on Hulu in the US is included on Disney+ here. Family Guy, American Dad, Desperate Housewives, Walking Dead, horror movies etc And I’ve never heard any one complain about it or anything.
You have to set parental restrictions when you first sign up to the Star side of the service here in the UK.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Lol Disney+ here in the UK has tons of adult content. Pretty much everything that is on Hulu in the US is included on Disney+ here. Family Guy, American Dad, Desperate Housewives, Walking Dead, horror movies etc And I’ve never heard any one complain about it or anything.
There's a reason Disney didn't expand Hulu internationally and instead either lumped everything into Disney+ or branded things "Star."

Hint: https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/disney-full-control-hulu-comcast-deal-1203214338/

DfromATX

Original Poster
They aren’t about to put **** on and kids are watching other channels with much more openly blatant adult content even on prime time sitcom and comedy shows. Disney will go for it if not for just having more content available and entice more adult only families to sign on. After all, Disney + isn’t just Mickey cartoons. Responsible parents should be monitoring what their kids tune into, but reality is that that’s not happening. Disney isn’t responsible for doing what the parents should be doing. Their interest is doing what will be best for selling the packages.
I took it as programs with more adult content not intended for children, not "adult adult." My household would be their target market since our kids are grown, but I probably wouldn't care - although we do have Hulu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom