ADR's - online or call?

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Sunday I make the ADR's for our trip (so excited!!) but I cannot decide if I should call or make them online. I was all set to go online but recently I've seen posts about people having trouble making ADR's online. Thoughts?

tnemgif

I would try to make them online. You get immediate confirmation that way, and the whole process is a little bit faster (if you're worried about booking some hard-to-gets). I thought the online reservation process was very streamlined.

ExtinctJenn

We did a mix of both in March. There were some where no matter what I did, it kept coming back that there were no times available so I called to confirm. That day some restaurants availability just wasn't showing up right and though it said there was nothing for the entire week I was trying, there was. I made everything I could online (just because I could do it while at work, doing 100 other things) and then called to fill in my blanks.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I only had an issue booking credit card required restaurants, the online system didnt like any of our credit cards lol. So we called for those. But we had no issues booking the rest online. If you want to play it safe, Id call.

ddbowdoin

Sunday I make the ADR's for our trip (so excited!!) but I cannot decide if I should call or make them online. I was all set to go online but recently I've seen posts about people having trouble making ADR's online. Thoughts?

my vote... call.

The CM who helped me was really nice, I had to barely wait and everything was taken care of.

JIMINYCR

We did some of both. Depends on how frustrated you will get if you can't get the online site to cooperate with you. Try online... if it fails you, quickly switch over to phoning it in. ;) I personally like talking to a person, but I'm still old school.

Zman-ks

I always try first online...then call if I have an issue.
75.gif

bsiev1977

Since online gets a one hour jump on the phone, i'd say there's no harm in trying online.
Though, like others have said, many have been having issues with the website which would make phoning necessary.

Sphinx610

my vote... call.

The CM who helped me was really nice, I had to barely wait and everything was taken care of.

I agree- call. Sometimes it is hard to see what is available online. It will just tell you what ISN"t available. Then you have to play a guessing game. The CM's are really nice and they can see what is available and offer you that. If the place you want is not available during your stay they can usually help you with suggestions and stuff. I missed my 180 day deadline for Thanksgiving! Eek! But the CM was very nice and was able to find me something for my picky kids and we were really happy with it. We ended up getting into Raglan Road ON Thanksgiving at 5pm. Plus they are always cheery and will get excited with you on the phone lol =) So... I always call...

ddbowdoin

I agree- call. Sometimes it is hard to see what is available online. It will just tell you what ISN"t available. Then you have to play a guessing game. The CM's are really nice and they can see what is available and offer you that. If the place you want is not available during your stay they can usually help you with suggestions and stuff. I missed my 180 day deadline for Thanksgiving! Eek! But the CM was very nice and was able to find me something for my picky kids and we were really happy with it. We ended up getting into Raglan Road ON Thanksgiving at 5pm. Plus they are always cheery and will get excited with you on the phone lol =) So... I always call...

completely agree!

PhotoDave219

One side note on the App.... Its HTML5 based rather than native iOS or Android. Therefore sometimes it doesnt friggin work. Like Sunday. Tried to make ressies Sunday and part of the system was down.

Calling will always work 100% but those in a hurry should use online/phone app.

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
So it seems like I can at least try to get on an hour ahead of time going online maybe I'll go with that and if I have any trouble start calling a 7 am. The only ADR I'm worried about not getting is BoG, I think the others will be okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom