Adding DDP

MagicMegan

Original Poster
Can you add the DDP to your reservation once you get to the hotel and check in? Or does it have to be done before hand?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No it has to be done by 48 hours prior to check in. And the price of the dining plan will be due in full when adding it if it is under 30 days before check in. :)

MagicMegan

Original Poster
No it has to be done by 48 hours prior to check in. And the price of the dining plan will be due in full when adding it if it is under 30 days before check in. :)
Thank you! I go on May 29th... so I guess I have a couple weeks to decide.
I'm trying to figure out if I want to do it or not. It might be worth it just to know my food is paid and any money I brought is for souvenirs.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you! I go on May 29th... so I guess I have a couple weeks to decide.
I'm trying to figure out if I want to do it or not. It might be worth it just to know my food is paid and any money I brought is for souvenirs.
Put the money you would spend for the DDP on a gift card. When you arrive for your vacation, your food is "prepaid" and you can eat whatever you want without the restrictions of the DDP.
A few examples:
* You won't feel compelled to order the most expensive entree simply to "get your money's worth" from the DDP. The chicken dish might even be better than the steak!
* You can order an appetizer and skip dessert
* You won't have to "use up" any leftover credits on your last day on prepackaged snacks you wouldn't normally buy.
* Any leftover money on your gift card you can use for souvenirs! (Or save for your next trip.)

You will probably discover you saved money not being on the plan.

jaklgreen

I think the dining plan is only worth it if you plan on doing a bunch of more high end dining. Like doing a few signatures and ordering the filet or other high priced meals. But also remember that tip is not included. So depending on what you order, the dining plan might be much more money then if you would have paid OOP. For my vacation money, I just set aside a certain amount in my account and use my Disney cc to pay for things(so I get the points) and then pay it off that next month. I know about how much I will spend so I make sure I have that in my account. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom