Adding a third day: Just buy online or wait until we arrive?

ohioguy

Original Poster
Quick Disney visit coming up; We have 2 day tickets (plus evening tickets to MVMCP) and are thinking about adding a third day. If I just buy extra single day tickets online, will they be added without issue? Or should I wait until after we arrive? Will I get the $20 savings per ticket for adding the third day if I do wait?

nickys

Premium Member
Don't know about the saving, but if you wait until you get there you won't be able to make fastpasses for the third day in advance.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Separate tickets won't magically merge into a single ticket and give you a refund of the difference. If you have a package vacation, you'll need to phone and add a day. If you booked through a Travel Agent, they can make the change for you, if you booked yourself, you'll need to call Disney. I don't think you can make changes online. As said above, you need to make the changes before you go if you want to book FP+ in advance for the extra day.

A 1-day ticket is the most expensive way to buy tickets from Disney. They do this to discourage short visits from splitting between Disney and Universal by making it more economical to just stay at Disney for the duration.

If the FP+ isn't a big deal, you can add the extra day while you're there, just be sure to do so before the two-day tickets are expired [once you use the second day's admission, you can't upgrade the ticket]. so, if you plan on adding, do so when you arrive or while you are in a park already. Your 2-day ticket is valid for 14 days from first use OR when all available admissions have been used, whichever comes first.

ohioguy

Original Poster
My original plans called for us to visit the Magic Kingdom beginning at 4pm for the Christmas party, not using any general admission tix. However, I'm now thinking about doing a stealth day at the Kingdom using a regular admission day plus the party on the same day. I suppose that's crazy, but not unlike summer hours when we'd be in the parks from 8am to midnight anyway. That means we'll have an extra day free now. I as thinking about doing all three days at the MK, but this might give us an opportunity to visit EPCOT on the final day. Decisions!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My original plans called for us to visit the Magic Kingdom beginning at 4pm for the Christmas party, not using any general admission tix. However, I'm now thinking about doing a stealth day at the Kingdom using a regular admission day plus the party on the same day. I suppose that's crazy, but not unlike summer hours when we'd be in the parks from 8am to midnight anyway. That means we'll have an extra day free now. I as thinking about doing all three days at the MK, but this might give us an opportunity to visit EPCOT on the final day. Decisions!
OK, if you have an MVMCP ticket, that eliminates the concern over FP+, you can book based on that admission for your third day. If you want to add a day's admission to your 2-day ticket to use earlier on your party day, it can wait until you're there.

beachlover4444

I just went through this trying to make a 2 day ticket into a 5 day ticket. They told me I had to wait to talk to guest services when I arrived. I said I want to book all 5 days on fast pass so that's not going to work. Why can you refund the 2 day ticket and sell me a 5 day ticket or just charge me the difference. You would have thought nobody ever asked this question before. I went through several people on the phone and left for 30 minutes waiting for someone. I finally was able to speak to a manager at a resort and explain that I did not want to wait. They figured out a way to just charge the difference for me so that I could be switched to 5 days and book my fast passes. I also did this 60 days out and was staying at a resort. Not sure if that helped me out at all or not. Honestly it shouldnt have been that hard to do in the first place. The answer of well, just wait seemed to be just lazy. Of course everyone wants to fastpass 60 days out to get the good rides you cant get at 30 days out or day of arrival.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom