Add Spain and Spanish culture somewhere

timoteo

Original Poster
I would like to see Disney add Spain to Epcot, or a Spanish theme hotel, or something to recognize the Spanish contributions to history.

i think that to the general public (at least in the US) mexico and spain are almost the same thing. which is a shame but nonetheless as long as there is a mexico pavilion in WS they won't make a spain i think.

and there is the coronado springs hotel but i think that is more mexican influenced than spainish. but it is one of the best hotels i have stayed at anywhere, its just beautiful there.

Erika

They did have a temporary Spanish pavillion there. I am not sure how well it did but it was pretty. I liked the dancing.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Spanish culture??? Surely an oxymoron? :drevil: :kiss:

The Spanish pavillion had some of the worst tasting olive oil Ive ever experienced. San Miguel is worth a slurp though :slurp:

Epcot82Guy

Actually, that pavilion was a temporary set-up for the "coming" Spain pavilion much like the Outpost was the prerequisite for Equitorial Africa. However, talks with the Spanish Government stalled. With tourism picking back up, though, there might be a chance for this to rekindle. I personally think it would be fantastic, especially since people lump Mexico and Spain together. To see the stark contrast in WS would be pretty cool, IMHO. Hopefully the talks will resume and we will get a new pavilion soon.

floridagrl03

Spain

Spain and Mexico are NOT the SAME!!!! I currently live in Madrid and resent the ignorance of someone posting that Mexico and Spain are the same. The food and culture are completely different. I think a Spanish themed something would be a good addition.
By the way, the Spaniards thrive on olive oil. They use it for everything. You just have to find a good brand.

poohbear6103

I would love to see a Spain pavillion! Maybe with a tapas restaurant. that would be great! Plus, that would be a great way to educate people that don't know any better.

keviekev05

floridagrl03 said:
Spain and Mexico are NOT the SAME!!!! I currently live in Madrid and resent the ignorance of someone posting that Mexico and Spain are the same. The food and culture are completely different. I think a Spanish themed something would be a good addition.
By the way, the Spaniards thrive on olive oil. They use it for everything. You just have to find a good brand.

If you read carefully, the poster you are referring to was making a generalized statement saying that to the most people in the U.S., Spain and Mexico are virtually the same...and then he said "which is a shame," therefore implying that that wasn't how he personally felt. And I have to agree with that poster because all too often I see and hear people refer to Spanish things being Mexican, and vice versus, but I do know there are quite distinctive differences. Yes, of course, many people living in the U.S. are ignorant in these areas, and the poster was just making that statement and not implying that is how he felt.

KevinPage

floridagrl03 said:

Like all the other pavillons it jsut a matter of the government ponying up the $$$ to have it built.

I think most people jokingly refer to them as the same, even when they know they are not.

Most of the countries in World Showcase are known by people for a certain trait. Even I can't really think of a specific aspect of Spanish culture or something well known that would make me desire a Spanish pavillon. That's not meant as an offense, I just think there are more interesting countries to explore from my "Yankee" point of view. :D :D

brich

KevinPage said:
Even I can't really think of a specific aspect of Spanish culture or something well known that would make me desire a Spanish pavillon. That's not meant as an offense, I just think there are more interesting countries to explore from my "Yankee" point of view. :D :D
How about Tomato fights and torturing and killing bulls in a ring? :lookaroun

Goofy4WDW

I would love to see a Spanish pavillion in World Showcase. I too remember when there were talks and plans to put one where the Outpost is located. I was surprised, when we were there last month, that there was no sign of this. Another one, that would be interesting but has little chance of being, is a Russian pavillion.

djlb16

i live in venezuela and i dont think that disney is going to build a venezuela pavilion, and with the actual relation venezuela-US is impossible i think... dont think that i am a stupid venezuelan that love Chavez (venezuelas current president) i mean i currently HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!! but i remember that in the MILLENIUM VILLAGE venezuela and spain where included and had a temporary pavilion, dont you guys remember that?

brich said:
How about Tomato fights and torturing and killing bulls in a ring? :lookaroun

The tomato idea I love.

The bull fighting, obviously, needs to go. But, really, is it any different that the millions of animals that are tortured and killed in the U.S. every year?

I think Spain would make a great addition to the World Showcase!

DDuckFan130

While Spain would be a nice addition to WS, couldn't we go somewhere else first besides Europe again? For example, South America has not been represented at all. How about Greece? Egypt? India? So many other cultures to go to without going to a continent that has more than one country represented in WS.

Besides, I'm not fond of Spanish food :lookaroun :p And I'm very familiar with the differences between these countries.

They should put Nicaragua in there...what? Stop looking at me!

Shaman

KevinPage said:
Like all the other pavillons it jsut a matter of the government ponying up the $$$ to have it built.

I think most people jokingly refer to them as the same, even when they know they are not.

Most of the countries in World Showcase are known by people for a certain trait. Even I can't really think of a specific aspect of Spanish culture or something well known that would make me desire a Spanish pavillon. That's not meant as an offense, I just think there are more interesting countries to explore from my "Yankee" point of view. :D :D

How different would a Spanish pavilion be to a...lets say...Canadian pavilion, already in existence at Epcot?

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom