Accepted!!!

DisneySaint

Original Poster
I just checked my mail looking for a package I was waiting on and a big Disney envelope was in there letting me know I've been accepted for the Fall CP as an operations cast member! I cannot tell you how excited I am!

I will post the date I'm arriving once I decide that tonight!
I really hope to meet some of you down there!

Darwin

Congrats, I knew you'd make it. Keep your fingers crossed because Operations could mean anything from driving the Kilimanjaro Safari trucks to making sure the dolls on It's A Small World don't go "Chucky" on someone. :lol: One of my roommates while on the program did that and the Peter Pan ride, and mind you this guy was not diggin that at all. He was into football and a stylin car, etc.; and was there because his girlfriend was. I don't think he liked it at all, but we tried to help him enjoy it. Best of luck to you!

DisneySaint

Original Poster
This is my fear exactly of having gotten in Ops. There are a gazillion things I could do from something fun with lots of guest interaction to something horrible like waving at cars in a parking lot in the Florida sun for 8 hrs a day. I wish they would tell you what park you were doing at the least - I'm gonna die waiting to know in the next 2 months. And I'm a reactionist so when they say "Joey, you'll be working in Small World" my jaw may very well drop to the floor. :cry: Wheras if they say "Joey, you'll be working The Haunted Mansion" I may do a little dance. :sohappy:

sum41914

DisneyJoey said:
This is my fear exactly of having gotten in Ops. There are a gazillion things I could do from something fun with lots of guest interaction to something horrible like waving at cars in a parking lot in the Florida sun for 8 hrs a day. I wish they would tell you what park you were doing at the least - I'm gonna die waiting to know in the next 2 months. And I'm a reactionist so when they say "Joey, you'll be working in Small World" my jaw may very well drop to the floor. :cry: Wheras if they say "Joey, you'll be working The Haunted Mansion" I may do a little dance. :sohappy:

Don't knock till you try it, I am in the parking lot and I don't just "wave cars" in the parking lot. We have alot of guest interaction from questions about how to get here and there, park hours, what rides to ride, question about the monorail, the list goes on and on. When I first heard I was in the TTC lot I was like book me on the next flight home, I don't want to do it, but being the lot is very relaxed, if your in the lot "waving cars" as you said you only do that for about an hour then they switch you to drive the tram or speil on the tram. You won't only be in the lot, there are other places if your at the TTC to be transfered to such as the Kennel, Lost and Found, Auto Plaza, Vacation Planner, and Mickey Gift Station. I am signed up for training in Mickey's Gift Station. Some days are really fun in the lot and other are :snore:, the CMs in the parking lot are the first people guests see before heading into the parks makes me happy to see the looks on people faces when they are there for their first trip. Not to mention its really not about the location its about the experience, see the list of attributes on that acceptence letter thats what its all about and not "Awwww im in the parking lot" the experience is what you make of it. Wake up every morning like its a chore and you will not make till the end of the program, treat each day as well as guest as you are glad to see them.

~Sum

CrashNet

Congrats! :D

It all depends on how you answered the questions you asked in your interview. Did they ask you the age old question, "what park would you prefer to work in the most?"

They usually try to fit you in to a position they think you would like the most based on your responses. You like EPCOT the most for example, they'll try to fit you in there.

DisneySaint

Original Poster
My start date is picked now: August 28. I could only choose from between that or September 5, and I definently wanted the earlier one!

DAKSafariAlum

Congratulations on your acceptance!

You're going to have the time of your life my friend. Work aside, there's a party somewhere almost every night in vista way. Prepare yourself.......heh heh.

DisneySaint

Original Poster
cac2889 said:
Congrats! :D

It all depends on how you answered the questions you asked in your interview. Did they ask you the age old question, "what park would you prefer to work in the most?"

They usually try to fit you in to a position they think you would like the most based on your responses. You like EPCOT the most for example, they'll try to fit you in there.

They didn't ask me where I'd like to work, what parks I like, or anything. The only thing they could remotely go on is I put "Star Wars collecting" as one of my hobbies on my application.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom