Accck!! Which Park when???

Pixie VaVoom

Ok guys - I have not been to WDW in over 10 years and my hubby has never been. We leave for a week on 1/18/14... So I need advice. We have a 6 day non-hopper pass and will probably take at least 1 day to lay around at the condo (offsite). Also we will be using the disability pass (too much to go into online - but I called ahead and that was what they advised me). Which are the best Parks to go to crowd wise for a Sunday and Monday, then also for a Thursday and Friday?? I am starting to get VERY nervous - the planning is all on me !!

Tinkerbell397

I always stay away from the MK on the weekend and that includes Sunday. Florida residents tend to visit on weekends because the can drive into the park. When we went in September, the parks were very crowded on weekends and less so on weekdays. That is the only advise I can give you....and don't get nervous....you'll be on vacation. Relax and enjoy....it's not like there is a wrong way and a right way to visit Disney. You have 6 days to enjoy the parks...... :cat:

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

The time of year that you are going is the lowest for crowds. I wouldn't stress about planning. If you were going during a busy time it would be more of an issue. Personally I don't rely on sites where they recommend a particular park - I worry that since so many people consult the Internet it turns the "recommended"'park into the most crowded one!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

You shouldn't have any problem regarding crowds during January or February. We avoid the park that has early morning hours and the same for parks open late at night. MK on Saturdays is usually very busy any time of the year.

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

Since you are going over a holiday weekend, I agree that you should avoid the MK on the weekend. We generally go over Labor Day, and it is always more crowded on the weekend because schools are off on Monday. We generally start with AK and Epcot on the weekend and then hit the other parks during the week. For us, the crowd levels drop drastically starting on Labor Day, so Monday might not be bad for you. Any way you do it, the crowds are going to be low on the weekdays. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

JohnD

Since you are going over a holiday weekend, I agree that you should avoid the MK on the weekend. We generally go over Labor Day, and it is always more crowded on the weekend because schools are off on Monday. We generally start with AK and Epcot on the weekend and then hit the other parks during the week. For us, the crowd levels drop drastically starting on Labor Day, so Monday might not be bad for you. Any way you do it, the crowds are going to be low on the weekdays. Enjoy your trip!

I agree. MK and HS are better on weekdays. Last October, I hadn't been back in more than 20 years. I started with AK because it was the newest. I also went to MK on Wednesday but smack in the middle of the week exactly because of smaller crowd levels. There will be longer hours at MK Sunday night because of MLK Day (observed) on Monday (also EMH but that doesn't affect you since you're staying off-site). You'll have to decide whether that's worth your while or not. Otherwise, wait until later in the week for MK.

Upvote 0

JohnD

The time of year that you are going is the lowest for crowds. I wouldn't stress about planning. If you were going during a busy time it would be more of an issue. Personally I don't rely on sites where they recommend a particular park - I worry that since so many people consult the Internet it turns the "recommended"'park into the most crowded one!

Except that she's going starting 1/18. It's a holiday weekend with MLK observed on Monday 1/20. That means longer hours and more crowds at MK on Sunday. The crowds will drop off after Monday once the holiday has passed.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Unless you plan to use EMH, avoid the park(s) that have them each day, as they'll see a bit of a bump in crowd level due to resort guests using EMH.

That being said, as a previous poster noted, you are going during a relatively low-crowd time of year, so your choice of park shouldn't make or break your experience. As the Mamas and the Papas sang, you've "gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do." With 6 days and no hopper, I'd recommend 2 days in the MK, 2 days at Epcot and 1 day each for AK and HS. Arrive at rope drop, do all you can, go back to your room for a break, and come back in the afternoon no earlier than 4pm, when crowds start to dip. Schedule your FP+ for the busiest times of day (~11am-early evening).

You're visiting during a great time of year, crowd-wise. Go with the flow and have a terrific time!

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Except that she's going starting 1/18. It's a holiday weekend with MLK observed on Monday 1/20. That means longer hours and more crowds at MK on Sunday. The crowds will drop off after Monday once the holiday has passed.

My office doesn't close that day (although it should) so I always forget it is a national holiday. My mistake.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom