Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza - (permanently?) closed

YodaMan

Original Poster
I knew there had been some mention of Writer's Stop closing permanently tomorrow, but looks like the busts from the Hall of Fame are being removed as well. Walls surround the whole area and the website for the "attraction" has been removed. Looks like another thing gone from the old days of the park.

Next Big Thing

While I do agree, one also has to remember that they will be adding many different "little touches" that we can like just as well, if not better, than the old ones.
They will be adding things within SWL and other areas, yes, however, what's the point of getting rid of the busts? The park is about entertainment/show business, they still fit the theme imo.

It's sort of sad to see them go if true. It's a small space too, not much they can really do with it. We'll probably get a M&G or something there. :rolleyes:

Phicinfan

They will be adding things within SWL and other areas, yes, however, what's the point of getting rid of the busts? The park is about entertainment/show business, they still fit the theme imo.

It's sort of sad to see them go if true. It's a small space too, not much they can really do with it. We'll probably get a M&G or something there. :rolleyes:
Do we know this is going away totally? We can hope maybe they will move this to a new area and enhance it.

I know the animation area is going to get some changes, and nothing has been confirmed. I am hoping the old rumor of an updated animation studio, and maybe keeping one man's dream will be redone and this added to it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

I said nothing about getting rid of the busts. I was only talking in generalities about the little touches.

Next Big Thing

Do we know this is going away totally? We can hope maybe they will move this to a new area and enhance it.

I know the animation area is going to get some changes, and nothing has been confirmed. I am hoping the old rumor of an updated animation studio, and maybe keeping one man's dream will be redone and this added to it.
I don't know for sure if the busts are going. My point is simply that if they do leave completely, it's sort of stupid.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Meh, every few minutes the First Order of either wandering out on patrol or waiting for Phasma to turn them into a boy band. The place is being given reinvented no matter how much you want to try and hold onto that crumbling sandcastle. I had a blast this morning during early extra magic hours. My wife and I literally were on Midway Mania for an hour just cycling through.

djkidkaz

I just can't believe the stuff people get upset over. They were a couple of busts that no one paid attention too. I will say I think they need to do something with One Mans Dream to have a place that highlights Walt and what he did. I would actually think it would be neat to have a museum on property that you could visit that really highlighted all his contributions and ideas and even have a blue sky cellar that's constantly updated. I would definitely take a bus over to check something like that out and see models and videos of upcoming additions.

In regards to TDO and WDW I will say that I think they have been doing pretty darn good lately. I think Disney Springs with all the water elements and food options is definitely an improvement over what was there. I'm not a fan of most of the shops but I'm also not a big shopper and I honestly don't know what else they could add. I'm glad the shops they did add were things like Uniqlo and Zara which id never heard of. Rivera of Light and Avatar both look to be pretty solid additions to an already amazing park. The night safari was a "miss" in my book but I think if they worked on getting some more lighting options for it that might help. Soarin I thought was a great improvement. Frozen was nice and I prefer it over Maelstrom personally. But I wouldn't say it was a home run by any means. Test Track re-do has been their biggest flop in the last decade. And Studios were still kind of waiting to see the outcome of SWL and TSL and the reimagining of the park but even the insiders are suggesting SWL will be amazing.

I think we're getting to a point where credit needs to be given. Not everything is going to be a hit. We know even Walt had many failures and he was a genius / visionary. These imagineers are nowhere near his level but they've been doing pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom