About the Country Bear Movie

General Grizz

Yep...it's nice to know another bear fan...

Oh, and Zeke - I added another line:

"However, the original show is still presently playing in Walt Disney World and is one of the most popular and well-loved attractions at the park. In fact, on many guest opinion web sites, Country Bear Jamboree has a 100% satisfaction rate, which is even above the theme parks’ major thrill rides."

Lost Boy

Original Poster
I just joined the group over at Yahoo as Elf91303 which is a name I use on all my Yahoo groups. I like elves. My nickname here is a tribute to Peter Pan as I feel I never grew up thanks to "Uncle" Walt and Disneyland.

In looking at the message board on the Yahoo site, I can't figure out how to post. Most of the boards list things like Messages, Photos, Post, Files, etc. But this board has no Post that I can find so I can't figure out how to post a new message.

TURKEY

It's under messages, with POST in the top right hand corner.

I have joined too: jb_reed

What and how different is the Vacation Hoedown? Any chance of it getting added to the WDW rotation w/ regular and Christmas?

J.E.Smith

Thanks for joining!

"What and how different is the Vacation Hoedown?", you say?

The Vacation Hoedown is the third Country Bear show. It opened in either '86, or '87, but I can't remember exactly, in both parks. It played at WDW 'till 1992, when they switched back to the orginal show while DL kept playing the Hoedown until it closed.

The show itself was WAY different from the orginal, it still had all the characters from the orginal of course. They were all re-dressed in summer attire. The Bear Rugs were dressed as if they were camping, Henry was dressed as a camp counselor, the Sun Bonnets, Gomer, and Terrence in beachwear, etc.

Sammy, the racoon on Henry's hat in the end, was replaced by a tap-dancing skunk named Randy.

The songs included, "The Great Outdoors," "Life's No Picnic Without 'Ya", "On The Road Again", "We Can Make It To The Top", "Califorina Bears", "Two Different Worlds", "Rockytop", "Nature", "Singin' In The Rain", "Ghost Riders In The Sky", "Lost On My Way To Your Heart", and "Thank God I'm a Country Bear".

It's unlikely that it'll be brought back to WDW, even though they still have the programming and soundtrack still available. Disney's just too cheap to redress the bears for this show and back...

General Grizz

He forgot the Christmas Special...So I will tell you about that...

Vist my website! lol

Anyway, yes, the original and Christmas shows still play at Walt Disney World (and let's hope they don't mess them up with the tie in) and have HUGE lines, even OUTSIDE the massive queue area (well, not massive, but can hold a couple hundred people) even in the non-peak seasons, VERY unlike Disneyland.

Sammy the Raccoon is in both of these Walt Disney World shows. Xmas opened in 1984 in DL and WDW... Songs include "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas", "Tracks in the Snow", "Sleigh Ride", "Rock n Roll Santa", "Hungry as a Bear", "The Christmas Song", and many many more...

The WDW Versions I believe are the best. Vacation is nice, but does not capture the same quality (the old show...where Henry and Gomer introduce the show...in fact in Vacation the three heads hardly speak)...

General Grizz

Yep...chances ARE rare...However, our best bet if they will do it is that they could bring Vacation back in the summer, however, I would recommend they rearrange the show to more of the "standard" pattern...because there were even protests to bring back the original show around 1990 and 1991...

The Hoedown began in 1986...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom