About SWGE, maybe it’s just me, but...

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
...I think the place is going to be freaking phenomenal. Based upon what I’ve read and some of the pictures I’ve seen online, and more importantly based on what little I could observe when I was at HS a couple weeks ago, I can’t wait til it opens. IMHO, this land is going to be a total game changer.

Anyway, just my $.02. Figured I would share since it seems like there are a lot of people already complaining about it, which seems quite weird to me given that the place isn’t even open yet.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think its going to be really great as well. One if the things I have often thought about is how they are going to be able to maintain these deeply immersive projects.

We had our first return trip to Pandora this summer after having visited in 2017. It may have just been me but it seemed to be fading a bit, color vibrancy. If Star Wars land is as complex I wonder how cost to keep up will impact future experience.

FettFan

...I think the place is going to be freaking phenomenal. Based upon what I’ve read and some of the pictures I’ve seen online, and more importantly based on what little I could observe when I was at HS a couple weeks ago, I can’t wait til it opens. IMHO, this land is going to be a total game changer.

Anyway, just my $.02. Figured I would share since it seems like there are a lot of people already complaining about it, which seems quite weird to me given that the place isn’t even open yet.

I think the main thing is that Disneyland and WDW are essentially apples and oranges.

Galaxy’s Edge at DL might not be the smash hit mouse House was expecting, but that’s not necessarily a bad omen for the Vacation Kingdom of the World.

Besides I’m pretty sure the worst actual park experience in Orlando is Fast and Furious Supercharged.
No way could Galaxy’s Edge ever come close to that level of disappointment. 😆

erasure fan1

Well it kind of has opened, the DL version is pretty much the same thing. Could a few things change? Maybe a bit. But I think we have a good idea of what to expect, aside from rise of the resistance.

Smiley/OCD

I agree...having NEVER seen any of the SW movies (including the original 3), the area looks awesome! As far as the complainers goes, you've been on here long enough...that's how some people on here like to roll...

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Well it kind of has opened, the DL version is pretty much the same thing. Could a few things change? Maybe a bit. But I think we have a good idea of what to expect, aside from rise of the resistance.
I hear what you’re saying, but that’s almost like saying Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are the same thing.

erasure fan1

the area looks awesome! As far as the complainers goes, you've been on here long enough...that's how some people on here like to roll..
Looking awesome is the overwhelming positive of the land.Of all the concerns (1 ok ride too many paid experiences, no restaurant, no OT...) everyone seems to love the way it looks. The other things are genuine concerns in my eyes. I think too many people are quick to call people who are questioning some of the decisions, complainers. Calling out the fact that no sit down restaurant was a mistake, isn't complaining, it was smart. And now it looks like it will be fixed. But why wasn't it done in the first place.

HongKongFu

I hear what you’re saying, but that’s almost like saying Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are the same thing.

The two Galaxy Edges will be, for the most part, identical.

This is not a great parallel to draw with DL and MK. Those two parks have noticeable and significant differences in age, size, and attraction lineups/menu, perhaps maintenance too.

Both Galaxy Edges will be the same with subtle differences to account for the placement in the existing parks. Strong chance you will not appreciate the differences among the two.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
The two Galaxy Edges will be, for the most part, identical.

This is not a great parallel to draw with DL and MK. Those two parks have noticeable and significant differences in age, size, and attraction lineups/menu, perhaps maintenance too.

Both Galaxy Edges will be the same with subtle differences to account for the placement in the existing parks. You will not notice any appreciable differences among the two.
I can appreciate what you’re saying. And you’re definitely correct. Maybe it’s just something personal to me, but I get a different (and much better) feel in WDW than I do in DL, even if I am experiencing something that is identical in the two parks.

thomas998

I think it will all depend on how much of a fan of Star Wars you are. I didn't much care for Avatar, as I thought it was just preachy green weenie garbage so I never really cared for the Pandora part of AK... I can see people that aren't great fans of Star Wars feeling the same way. If it had opened maybe 20 year ago I would have loved it and probably tried to be there on opening day... But after Lucas barfed up those god awful prequels and now Disney has stuck their overly PC hands on the franchise - I just don't care anymore about Star Wars. I'll always have a soft spot for the first three films... but between Lucas and Disney trying to milk as much money out of the franchise as they possibly can, they have pretty much killed my desire to really see it. I'm sure I'll see it at some point simply because I'll be there anyways, but I won't be making any trip special for it regardless of how well they may have done it.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I think it will all depend on how much of a fan of Star Wars you are. I didn't much care for Avatar, as I thought it was just preachy green weenie garbage so I never really cared for the Pandora part of AK... I can see people that aren't great fans of Star Wars feeling the same way. If it had opened maybe 20 year ago I would have loved it and probably tried to be there on opening day... But after Lucas barfed up those god awful prequels and now Disney has stuck their overly PC hands on the franchise - I just don't care anymore about Star Wars. I'll always have a soft spot for the first three films... but between Lucas and Disney trying to milk as much money out of the franchise as they possibly can, they have pretty much killed my desire to really see it. I'm sure I'll see it at some point simply because I'll be there anyways, but I won't be making any trip special for it regardless of how well they may have done it.
I feel exactly as you do about the Star Wars and Avatar movies. But for me, for some reason, that has zero impact on how much I enjoy the parks (well, at least with respect to Pandora anyway). But your points are very well taken.

2bornot2be

We really can't compare WDW to DL crowd levels for attractions. Toy Story Mania at California Adventure constantly has a shorter queue then HS and this is a similar ride.
DL is not a tourist destination like WDW and annual passes for DL are currently blacked out. So the crowds in the parks are a little lower right now. Tourist were expecting larger crowds so planned on avoiding DL mid summer.
The opening of Galaxy Edge at WDW will be different!!!

joshjoned

We really can't compare WDW to DL crowd levels for attractions. Toy Story Mania at California Adventure constantly has a shorter queue then HS and this is a similar ride.
DL is not a tourist destination like WDW and annual passes for DL are currently blacked out. So the crowds in the parks are a little lower right now. Tourist were expecting larger crowds so planned on avoiding DL mid summer.
The opening of Galaxy Edge at WDW will be different!!!

This. Although ironically, DL is the second busiest park in the world after MK, well ahead of Studios.

joshjoned

I feel exactly as you do about the Star Wars and Avatar movies. But for me, for some reason, that has zero impact on how much I enjoy the parks (well, at least with respect to Pandora anyway). But your points are very well taken.

I'm with you there. I hate Avatar, but really enjoy the land in DAK. As for Star Wars, I love the first two (Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back), and could care less about the prequels, or the dreck that followed, but I'm VERY excited for SWGE, and I think SWGE will be the most successful "land" Disney has done to date.

JIMINYCR

Agree with the OP. We havent yet seen the bulk of people coming into WDW for a completed SW land. I know many many people who are waiting impatiently for everything to be opened, then they will visit. Why go now and waste a trip when youll only get to do a part of whats coming. Then wait another year or two to go back for part 2?? Dont underestimate the fan power thats coming.

Bleed0range

Agree with the OP. We havent yet seen the bulk of people coming into WDW for a completed SW land. I know many many people who are waiting impatiently for everything to be opened, then they will visit. Why go now and waste a trip when youll only get to do a part of whats coming. Then wait another year or two to go back for part 2?? Dont underestimate the fan power thats coming.

Yes I think SWGE at WDW will get a much bigger response once everything is opened. Also, WDW is more of a destination park for the rest of the world while DL is a southern Californian thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree...having NEVER seen any of the SW movies (including the original 3), the area looks awesome! As far as the complainers goes, you've been on here long enough...that's how some people on here like to roll...
Hmmmm...so why would you love it then? It’s mostly just scenery. If you aren’t a fan of Star Wars...how does scenery translate to “awesome”

You’re argument applies more to avatar...because nobody remembered much about the movie before the land opened anyway 😂
That is “like” in a definition not yet published by webster’s Where “like” means “not like much at all”
Looking awesome is the overwhelming positive of the land.Of all the concerns (1 ok ride too many paid experiences, no restaurant, no OT...) everyone seems to love the way it looks. The other things are genuine concerns in my eyes. I think too many people are quick to call people who are questioning some of the decisions, complainers. Calling out the fact that no sit down restaurant was a mistake, isn't complaining, it was smart. And now it looks like it will be fixed. But why wasn't it done in the first place.

But here’s the problem with “look”. There’s no substance to it. In the end, the rides, shows, food and to a lesser degree shops are what you HAVE to have for longterm success.

The DL has started off not good on all fronts. The second ride will help...but can it compensate for known design flaws now?

We’ll see.

Wdw will have the exact same flaws in a park that can’t handle capacity...by the way.
But both SWGE are the same, they are almost exact clones of each other. It was meant to be that way. Neither land will have anything unique when it opens in WDW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom