Abigail Disney's Twitter thread on Executive pay and furloughing Cast Members during COVID-19

brb1006

tenor.gif

Not her again, she's definitely not Diane Disney Miller. No wonder she's considered the black sheep of the Disney family.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Weird that the many will always protect the few getting their million dollar bonuses.

So odd to me.
I don't get it either. Personally, I'm of the opinion that executive pay packages are way beyond out of control and that the front-line employees should be better compensated because without them, the business wouldn't exist. (I'm not just talking about Disney here.)

It is absolutely possible to have huge profits and excellent executive compensation packages, while still treating ALL of your employees as if they count.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Why are senior executives not giving up their stock options if they are receiving compensation cuts? Are stock options not a form of compensation?

Compensation is more than salary at that level.

Maybe I’m just ignorant of the facts, but how would giving up stock options help cast members or the company?

Robbiem

I have to say I agree with a lot of what she says. Disney isn’t unique in this but its not right that people who can’t afford it are loosing their jobs while the rich senior management feather their nests with bonuses. It reminds me of the 2008 banking crisis here in the UK.

once you loose goodwill and trust you never recover and Disney runs the risk of this on top of the other covid fallouts

the.dreamfinder

Maybe I’m just ignorant of the facts, but how would giving up stock options help cast members or the company?
By itself, it wouldn’t.

What it would do would be is an actual pay cut, not chopping off base salary.

The thrust of the point being senior execs get to keep most of their compensation, after cuts, but front line CMs get furloughed with the potential to not having a job to come back to when this is over.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

But if it doesn’t achieve anything, what is the point?

not sure what you’re suggesting? Lay off all the execs so no one would be there to keep the company afloat, and therefore no one has a job to return to?
Honesty. When executives like Bob or Bob C say they are giving up all or part of their pay, that has to include stock options since they derive so much of their income from them.

ImperfectPixie

arent most making more with unemployment? I thought they were getting an extra $600/week for a couple months, or maybe i misunderstood the stimulus package
Some are, but that's only for a small amount of time and stops at the end of July. Also, once taxes (and COBRA, should they need to get it) are taken out, it's not nearly the boon some like to claim it is.

My husband, for example, is taking home slightly less even after the $600 federal bump. And here in MA, you HAVE to have health insurance or you will face a fine.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
arent most making more with unemployment? I thought they were getting an extra $600/week for a couple months, or maybe i misunderstood the stimulus package
Depending on their original pay, they may be making more, maybe less. Bigger problem is that the vast majority of people have not been able to even register, and of those that have, only a tiny fraction have received any money.

Magenta Panther

Abigail Disney is a slob, a leech, a panderer, and a fool. She lives very nicely off the financial legacy her granduncle shed blood, sweat and tears building (and suffered 2 nervous breakdowns over it, in addition), while slandering him in order to please her left-wing friends, which she bought with Walt's money. She is the epitome of the "idle rich". If she cares so much, let her sell off that evil Disney stock and other assets and donate it to aid the fight against the virus and help those thrown out of work. Then maybe she could, like, get a job or something. Nuts to that ignorant poser.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is the auto enroll not working well? I thought Disney set something up with the state.
The auto-enroll only gets the CMs as far as automatically entering basic profile info. They then have to fight with the system to complete the enrollment and then wait for payment. It hasn't really been much of a help from what I can gather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom