AAA Discounts?

parkhopper1213

Not only are the AAA discounts gone, but if a AAA travel agent helps book your room Disney will disregard any special requests made by the agent.

wannabeBelle

As others have said the AAA discount has been gone for a while, but there are the discounts that Disney offers. Give our office a call and maybe we can help you out!! Marie

Owl X

The Swan and Dolphin have 3 different AAA offers to choose from:
  • 15% off best available rates
  • Breakfast for Two
  • $50 stay credit on 5+ night stay
http://www.swandolphin.com/offers/index.html

AAA members also get a discount at non-signature restaurants in the Swan & Dolphin hotels.

Note that the Swan & Dolphin are not actual Disney Hotels but they get certain Disney benefits such as Extra Magic Hours, 60 Day Fastpass+ reservations and Disney transportation from the Hotels to the Parks.
You can even walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios from these Hotels.

Last edited:

parkhopper1213

Sorry if I seem a little dense, but how did this play out?Obviously you didn't get the requests you made, but that's not exactly unusual. Requests are never guaranteed. Especially during periods of high occupancy, like Thanksgiving.
Been using AAA for years to book Disney trips. I've been there at peak times and quieter times. Whatever the agent requested on our behalf to Disney has been ignored. Disney would rather not work with a travel agent it seems.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Been using AAA for years to book Disney trips. I've been there at peak times and quieter times. Whatever the agent requested on our behalf to Disney has been ignored. Disney would rather not work with a travel agent it seems.
Yeah....This is not even a little correct.

While I was not with AAA, I was a Disney travel agent for a few years and never had a problem with my clients requests. Disney could of course not honor all of them and requests that are too specific (eg room number 2502) are almost impossible to honor, but they were honored more often than not.

If you had a problem specifically with AAA, the agents might not have been giving Disney your requests.

R W B

I was wondering this for our current trip but ended up never looking into it. Glad I didn't since the discount doesn't exist anymore.

G8rchamps

So - I sell insurance at a AAA office in FL. We get a tiny discount on multiple day tickets, none on a one day park admission. Room rates tend to vary, but we don't have any real "pull" with Disney anymore. I am actually looking at rooms in Jan and our hotel person was able to get me about $20 cheaper for 3 nights than I found online with Dis.

parkhopper1213

Yeah....This is not even a little correct.

While I was not with AAA, I was a Disney travel agent for a few years and never had a problem with my clients requests. Disney could of course not honor all of them and requests that are too specific (eg room number 2502) are almost impossible to honor, but they were honored more often than not.

If you had a problem specifically with AAA, the agents might not have been giving Disney your requests.
Sorry you have trouble accepting the fact that I had problems. I've been going to Disney for over 12 years now and every year they do less and less for their customers. When the relationship between AAA and Disney ended, Disney became less cooperative with AAA agent. I've had several, and my requests were very basic. Like we would like a preferred room.

Minnie Mum

Sorry you have trouble accepting the fact that I had problems. I've been going to Disney for over 12 years now and every year they do less and less for their customers. When the relationship between AAA and Disney ended, Disney became less cooperative with AAA agent. I've had several, and my requests were very basic. Like we would like a preferred room.

Wait, what? That last sentenced caused such a hard double take, I think I got whip lash. Since when can you REQUEST a preferred room? Answer- since never. If you've been going to WDW that many years, you know (or should know) that preferred rooms are a bookable category. You want one, you have to pay for it.

There are a few likely scenarios that could have resulted in your not getting your requests.
1. Your TA did not make the requests that you asked for. And then lied about making them.
2. You asked for requests that couldn't be granted ,( like a preferred room when you were booked for another room category)
,3. The resort was at such a high occupancy that your requests couldn't be accommodated within the available room inventory.

I seriously doubt that the room assigners go out of their way looking at every reservation for the name of a guest's travel agency before deciding on whether or not they can or will accommodate a guest's requests.

I've been going to WDW for over 40 years. Sometimes our requests are granted, sometimes they aren't. It's a craps shoot, and I never EXPECT that I will get them.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

If you want a preferred room you have to pay for it. If one is available at check-in you might luck out and get one, but if you really want it you have to reserve it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't deny you had problems. I have dealt with AAA myself. AAA is mediocre at best when dealing with Disney. Some reps know it well, others are pretty sure it is somewhere in Florida. I merely pointed out that your statement "Disney would rather not work with a travel agent it seems" was factually incorrect based on three years of actually being a travel agent that worked with Disney.

As to experience with booking Disney, We can compare WDW travel resumes any time you like. I have been making upwards of a dozen trips a year since 1998. I most likely booked more vacations in a couple of months as a TA then you have booked in your entire 12 years of going to WDW.

As to your request, a preferred room is a category that has to be booked and paid for. Sure, you can request it and there is a slight chance it will be honored, but it will almost never happen during peak season. Requests are things like "ground floor", "close to elevator" or "away from pool".

wannabeBelle

Master Yoda is correct as far as requests go. I have never had a problem with adding room requests even down to specific room numbers ( I try not to do that as if that room isnt available, the room assignment team has no idea why you wanted that particular room and so cant adjust) and having those requests satisfied. As always requests are never guaranteed but I havent had any problems as of yet! I hope you do have better luck in the future!!! Marie

daisyduckie

I hardly ever get my requests, and I don't book with AAA but thru Disney. Btw, you know you have to PAY for preferred rooms, right? They are not a request. Getting requests met is not a given, hence the word request. If you are requesting things that are paid for upgrades it is no wonder you are not getting them and are instead getting frustrated.

parkhopper1213

I hardly ever get my requests, and I don't book with AAA but thru Disney. Btw, you know you have to PAY for preferred rooms, right? They are not a request. Getting requests met is not a given, hence the word request. If you are requesting things that are paid for upgrades it is no wonder you are not getting them and are instead getting frustrated.
Yes, I know you have to pay extra for a preferred room. Which is why I was upset after paying for a preferred room they wanted to put us in another building claiming that was now a preferred building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom