A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

Disneylover152

20th Century Fox Adventure Park by @Disneylover152
Unlike most I actually like studio parks, and yours prove interesting. However it seems to be more geared towards kids and families with a heavy focus on IPs of that nature as well as a focus on obscure IPs such as Space Chimps and Everyone's Hero instead of more popular IPs such as Kingsman, Alien, Predator, Titanic, etc. Onto the in depth land description. I have no real complaints as the land is pretty solid for one exception. That exception being the name of the log flume ride, Splashwater Falls, which is too similar to Disney's Splash Mountain which could reach some legal troubles. Additionally I'm not really sure why there's flight training in this land other than the sake of including flat rides to round out the lineup in the park.

Thanks for the critique! I put IPs that I thought I could make a great attraction out of, rather then popularity. And I thought of a great idea for a ride for Alien and Titanic this morning, so that will be incorporated in future challenges. And, I also haven't seen some of the more popular IPs for some reason. Also, Splashwater Falls can be an easy change, and this land is going to host most of the flat rides of the park, which is why there's the two flight training flat rides. Also, the queue will tell the story of those flat rides better to explain why their's flat rides. Anyway Thanks for the critique and I can't wait for future challenges.

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 4 – Sea’s Most Dangerous Creature
A Singular Elimination Challenge

Antarctica%20Empire%20of%20the%20Penguin%20concept%20art%20%281%29.preview.jpg

Welcome travellers to your fourth adventure with Tcool Labs. This time around we return to Orlando in the year 2011. It is this year that the first trackless dark ride in Florida was pitched. If you know your history, or gathered your info through inference on the picture and title we're talking about Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. Now onto the briefing.

In 2013 Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin opened to the general public, and was the first trackless dark ride in Florida. The ride itself involved a motion platform similar to that as of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Remy’s Kitchen Calamity, and had two versions Wild with motion, and Mild that simply took guests around the ride sans the spinning and other motion. On May 24, 2013, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin opened its doors. The newest ride at SeaWorld Orlando was met with thousands of people willing to experience the newest ride, and the ride itself saw wait times up to four hours. This all sounds fine and dandy, right? Well unfortunately that isn’t true; flash forward four years later, and Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin is now opened seasonally. Overall most guests simply find this ride experience to be ‘meh’. However the land itself has been nicely done as well as the exhibit for the penguins which is always open.

Imagineers you are tasked with returning to 2011, the planning stage for this ride, and convincing the executives at SeaWorld Orlando to construct a different trackless dark ride based on your own idea. So go out there, and wow the SeaWorld executives with your take on an Antarctica trackless dark ride. One more thing you are limited to the space currently occupied by the current rides footprint as space is rather tight at SeaWorld. Below is the footprint you have to work with.

ant_by_tcool123-dbmmz4q.png

Time travellers you have until September 29th, Friday to complete this project. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask . Good luck travellers, and hopefully you will safely journey in the wild antarctic. Lastly I would like to thank @RMichael21 for guest judging this trip.​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Bonus 3 - Second Shot

p9-adventure-park.jpg

If you did not submit a proposal for the last challenge then you are eligible for this bonus challenge. The requirements of this bonus are the same as those in last challenge's to read them click the link. Completing this challenge will help in future challenges, and it will be for the best to complete it. This bonus is due October 5th at 11:59 PM, and if completed will award an extra two points.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...dition-challenge-3.931145/page-7#post-7897111

tcool123

Original Poster
Time travellers I hope you have all been working on your submissions, but I have some news regarding the competition. This weekend I will be away from my computer as I have recently been surprised with a Disney World trip for this weekend. @spacemt354 be coming in for an interim host in my absence. @spacemt354 will be judging along with @RMichael21 for this challenge, and @spacemt354 will post the next challenge for you.

I expect the best from all you in my absence, and I can't wait to read what y'all write.

Disneylover152

Time travellers I hope you have all been working on your submissions, but I have some news regarding the competition. This weekend I will be away from my computer as I have recently been surprised with a Disney World trip for this weekend. @spacemt354 be coming in for an interim host in my absence. @spacemt354 will be judging along with @RMichael21 for this challenge, and @spacemt354 will post the next challenge for you.

Wow, I wish I could be surprised with a trip to Disney World this weekend, as Saturday is my birthday... but I'm stuck in New Jersey writing essays, doing homework, and doing this theme park competition, hahaha, ha, ha... On the bright side, I just booked my 2018 vacation to Disneyland so, hoop-dee-doo! But anyway, have a magical time in Disney!!!

tcool123

Original Poster
Wow, I wish I could be surprised with a trip to Disney World this weekend, as Saturday is my birthday
Crazy you say that because my brother's birthday is also this weekend. A double whammy Food and Wine for him, Animal Kingdom for me.
but I'm stuck in New Jersey writing essays, doing homework, and doing this theme park competition, hahaha, ha, ha
That does sound like fun, and is currently what I am doing except more so I'm not behind when I get back on Tuesday.

On the bright side, I just booked my 2018 vacation to Disneyland so, hoop-dee-doo! But anyway, have a magical time in Disney!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Jealous that you get to go to Disneyland, and I hope to go there someday. Have fun when you go, and I'm sure I will have a magical time.

AceAstro

I expect the best from all you in my absence, and I can't wait to read what y'all write.
Have a fun mini-trip!! Must be nice living relatively close to the parks :cry:

Disneylover152

ANTARTICA: YOUR ADVENTURE IN THE SOUTH POLE
Coming in Summer 2013, an all new trackless dark ride will be introduced to Sea World Orlando

Background Info on the Ride
Dr. Myers is the owner of The Sea World Exploration Group. He has always been fascinated with Antartica, and has announced that they will be conducting travels to Antartica for their guests who visit their science house. Guests will enter through their science house, and then be placed on a plane to go to Antartica. Then they would have an adventure with the creatures of Antartica.

Facade
The facade for this building will look like a science building. It is a very basic facade, with big letters reading "Sea World Science House".

Queue- First Part
The first part of the queue for this attraction will take place in the main lab of the science station. Their will be many different lab tables with science experiments. Their will also be a computer lab where it shows that people have been conducting research on penguins, Antartica, travel, etc. You then enter the first Preshow.

Preshow 1
The first Preshow is in Dr. Myers office. Their will be an animatronic Dr. Myers sitting at his desk, with a screen behind him. Dr. Myers is explaining to the guests that they will soon board a hyperspeed plane and begin their expedition to Antartica. He is also explaining them what animals they might see. Once he is done, he explains to guests to exit through the double doors and to board the hyperspeed plane to Antartica.

Queue- Second Part
You exit Dr. Myer's office, and are in a terminal like building. You wind through the science house airport, and eventually enter the Jetbridge. You enter the plane and get ready for Preshow 2.

Preshow 2
Standing around the plane, the plane is about to takeoff. The pilot goes on some of the various screens in the plane, and explains to them that they don't need to be seated or buckled because this plane moves so fast. The plane simulates you flying at hyperspeed, including the windows being screens. You then land in Antartica, and the pilot explains for you to get off the plane and get ready for your expedition.

Queue- Third Part
You exit the plane in a cave. You wind through the cave until you reach the loading platform. You board onto your vehicle. This vehicle can turn from a car into a submarine. You leave the cave and begin your trackless experience.

THE RIDE
Scene One

You enter your vehicle and leave the cave. When you leave a cave, you enter the main area of Antartica, and their are ~40 of penguins catching fish and living their life. This room has little-to-no screens. For example, surrounding the room is a mountain covered in snow. The room is covered in snow and in the center, is a frozen lake where the penguins are fishing. Scattered around the room are ~40 animatronics of penguins. The purpose of this room is to show you the daily life of penguins. This room, as well as the room prior, sets the scene for what’s about to happen.

Scene Two
This is a room where you pass by a screen, which shows a group of curious penguins exploring. You then reach the next room.

Scene Three
Your vehicle enters another room.This room is themed to the bears and foxes of the South Pole. There are snowy trees throughout the room, as this room is situated in an Antarctic forest. There is one screen, in the corner, which shows you a herd (don’t know what to call them) of bears and foxes walking through the forest. Their are ~5 animatronic bears throughout the room, each showing a different scene of their daily life. This room, as well as the room prior, sets the scene for what’s about to happen.

Scene Four
Your vehicle enters a different room, which is themed to another forest. The group of penguins are by a fox. The fox then looks up, and growls. This room has no screens.

Scene Five
This is the second full screen room. Your vehicles are situated in front of a screen (ala Ratatouille) and you watch a movie while your car is simulating movement.

This screen is showing the group of foxes trying to eat the penguins as food. The penguins run off screen, and you and the bears follow into the next room.

Scene Six
This is the third full screen room. This scene is another battle like scene between the wolves and penguins.

The wolves and penguins run off screen, and your car's turn to face the other way, where there are 5 animatronic wolves standing infront of 4 animatronic penguins. Suddenly, a tree falls down, and blocks the wolves from the penguins.

Scene Seven
This is a room where you pass by a screen, which shows a the four penguins going back to their group. You then reach the final room.

Scene Eight
You enter the eighth room which is a clone of the first, with the exception that 5 new penguin animatronics have been added. One as the emperor penguin and one as the four penguins that you just followed. The emperor penguin is hugging the four little penguins. You then reenter a cave, and exit your vehicle.

Post Show

You exit and wander through some caves. You then reenter a plane, and the pilot talks to you on the screen again, saying stuff like “hope you had a good time”, etc. This plane will also be simulated that you are flying. The windows are screens again too. When the plane ride is over, you go through a jet bridge and then exit inside a gift shop.

The other experiences in the Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin are the same in this experience.

Sorry for the lack of detail in this. I’ve been very busy with school this week, as my Unit 1 Exams/Essays have been this week. It will definitely improve for next week. Now off to write/edit my English essay by midnight tonight. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-29_17-27-19.png
    upload_2017-9-29_17-27-19.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 38

AceAstro

Antarctica: The Animal Trek

Back Story:

You have an opportunity to go on a photographic adventure of Antarctica. A large boat will take you close to the mainland but then your family gets in smaller boats to get up close and personal with the animals.

9bdc7000cda6bfda387ce5e59a43fddd.png

Facade:

The facade is the outside of the large boat “lodged” in the ice of the surrounding area. You enter through one of the lower parts of the boat that then turns into a queue.

Queue:

The queue leads you through different areas of the boat including the cafeteria, boiler room, lounge, etc before ending in the Captains quarters where you get your debriefing before heading out on your own.

Pre-show:

Here you meet the captain of the ship. He informs you that each of your boats will be able to go into areas this large boat wouldn't be able to go into. He explains that all boats will be controlled by him but the further away the small boat gets, the harder it is to control and to not worry as it would only be brief moments with no control. With that, he sends the guests on the way giving them a friendly reminder to not take flash photography as it could scare the animals.

Load:

You exit the large ship on what appears to be a make-shift dock for the loading of the small boats. After guests load in, the boats are on their way through the ride.

images

Ride:

It starts off with the boats passing smaller icebergs where you can see animatronic versions of some of the smaller animals like albatrosses and some leopard seals. Here you get a little to close to an elephant seal for his liking so he loudly barks you away where you spin as you flee away. After moving inland more you come across a pair of humpback whales on either side of your boat following you in. On a screen upahead you can see one of the whales creating in its full glory.

images

From here you go into a small cave in the ice to see a large family of emperor penguins (front half are animatronics, rest are either static or screens) all huddled together on the rocks/ ice. To your left you can see the babies waddling around slowly with their parents and to your right you can see large screens portraying the penguins diving off of the ice to grab fish. This is when the captain pages us to say we are getting too far out of range and he's bringing us back in. At this point it's all ready too late as the boat starts to spin further into the cave. Upon going further into the cave we run into a small group of Gentoo penguins all alone with what appears to be some babies and their mothers. It's very still and quiet in this area as we are watching the babies be fed. The captain then calls us again to let us know he got control again and we are heading back to the big ship to unload.

Exit:

After exiting, you can go through a small gift shop back to the park, or you can go see some live penguins in a large, indoor exhibit. If they don't want to go though the exhibit, the guests will exit through the gift shop where you can find plushes, figurines, and shirts of different Antarctican animals.

travel-theme-parks-ne-gene5jpg-88e3b72099ff82c4.jpg

Magic Feather

Antarctica: Penguin Rescue
Welcome to Seaworld's new land, Antarctica, home of Antarctica: Penguin Rescue, an all new simulator, trackless dark ride hybrid attraction that takes guests on a zany adventure through the South Pole.
image.jpeg

Guests queue through a series of air-conditioned ice caverns, with overflow queuing stretching around the showbuilding into Pacific Point Preserve. After making their way through the queue, guests would arrive at Base Station Antarctica and enter one of two preshow rooms. Here, a brief projection presentation is given by an animatronic Dr. Artus, who will be your narrarator for your journey. She explains that an avalance of snow trapped a small group of penguins in an ice cavern, and your rescue team must help to collect the penguins, and take them back to the colony. The projection screen lifts to reveal the loading area, where guests are loaded onto trackless motion base vehicles that seat eight people. Guests are then whisked away into a mystical ice cavern, full of faux ice made through glas and lighting effects. Upon your vehicle being spun in every direction, back-lit scrims fade to reveal groups of animatronic penguins and a few babies.
After this, we see a group of rounded up penguins, waiting on a similar vehicle as us to go back to the colony. Dr. Artus audiblly guides up to the colony, but eventually a large sheet of ice blocks our way. All of the vehicles charge towards the ice as it rapidly falls to the floor, as you burst through into a cave with four lit openings. Your vehicle moves into one of them, as a door closes behind you, transforming the room into a mini circlevision theater. Your vehicle digitally races across the ice as your on vehicle motion base across the ice, just as seals pop out of holes in the ice attempting to attack you, just as you arrive at the colony, the sreen at the front reveals itself to be a see through scrim, as the real penguin habitat is revealed. You move forward as the scrim rises for a brief viewing, before moving to unload. Subsequently, guests will walk through a brief cavern to get to the full penguin exhibit before leaving the building. Guests who wish to view the penguins without riding the attraction can do so through a special secondary entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom