A trip from disney to Clearwater?

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me. In October we are visiting for 2weeks we want to visit Clearwater for the day but have no idea how long it will take us to get there. Can anyone let me know how long it will take to get there or are we being optimistic wanting to go for the day?

Thank you x

jlsHouston

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me. In October we are visiting for 2weeks we want to visit Clearwater for the day but have no idea how long it will take us to get there. Can anyone let me know how long it will take to get there or are we being optimistic wanting to go for the day?

Thank you x
Probably an hour and a half to 2 hours. It is 92 miles.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Clearwater is a really nice beach. I would rather do a day trip there than Cocoa Beach (which is also popular). Last time I was in Clearwater we were able to collect quite a few shells, so if you are interested in that bring a baggie with you. We also had a nice lunch at a place I'm pretty sure was called Crabby's. It had a nice view from upstairs.

Upvote 0

kelknight84

I live in Clearwater so if you have any other questions I can answer them for you. The drive would be about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on traffic. Crabby Bill's is OK but Frenchy's is better!

Upvote 0

Jim Buck

Beautiful beach and the drive is not bad. If you can it's better to stay overnight. We are going at the end of our Disney trip in June. We are planning to go to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium for a day and then south to Venice for the shark tooth beach. We are staying a few nights to break it up.

Enjoy and good luck.

Upvote 0

c1aire.griffin

Original Poster
Great thank you guys. I notice if you go to honeymoon state park you can get a boat over to a remote beach. I thought that might be nice. Are there any suggestions of where to stay for the night and things to do.

Upvote 0

kelknight84

Yes you can take a ferry from Honeymoon to Caledesi island, it is gorgeous. You could also rent a kayak and boat yourself on over. The beaches are the main attraction and the seafood. There is also the Clearwater marine aquarium which is home to winter the dolphin. And there are just tons of parks hidden all over with amazing views. I would stay on the beach, Marriott on sand key is nice.

Upvote 0

Tayles

Going to Clearwater Beach next thurs from Orlando for the day. we are going to the aquarium and on the sea life safari. Has anyone been on this? I hope it is worth it. My DS6 loves things like that. I was wondering if you get to collect shells when they take you to the shell island. Also wondering if its best just to park at the pier to spend a couple of hours on the beach or to drive down to one end or the other??

Upvote 0

kelknight84

Going to Clearwater Beach next thurs from Orlando for the day. we are going to the aquarium and on the sea life safari. Has anyone been on this? I hope it is worth it. My DS6 loves things like that. I was wondering if you get to collect shells when they take you to the shell island. Also wondering if its best just to park at the pier to spend a couple of hours on the beach or to drive down to one end or the other??
Yes the sea life safari is good and you can collect shells and take them with you. Sometimes the aquarium gets very busy because it is small, but it is still worth it. It doesn't take long to drive the whole beach, so get your bearings and then find a spot to park and enjoy!

Upvote 0

PrincessMia

We are heading to Clearwater this fall, then over to Disney for a week. Fantastic tips! 2 years ago, we did Daytona then Orlando, but didn't really like the Atlantic side as much as past trips to the Gulf.

Upvote 0

SAV

Whenever we do go to the beach on our Disney trips it is always to the Gulf side and either Clearwater Beach or Madiera/St. Pete.

Make sure to eat at the Palm Pavilion.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Clearwater is great and it is about a 2 hour drive. The Sandpearl is a very nice report right on the beach and there's a bar/grill nearby on the beach called Frenchy's. They've got great grouper sandwiches.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom