A Train to Animal Kingdom...a Monorail to DHS

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
I know the expense would most likely be huge, but the more I think about it the more I would like to see the Monorail expanded to Disney's Hollywood Studios (if possible). Right now the convenience of hopping from Magic Kingdom to Epcot is very nice, but the park hopping appeal is seriously cut down by not being able to hop to DHS. That is something I would like to see.

But now let's tackle the BIG wish......A railroad to Animal Kingdom.

Imagine, a moderately sized train station just outside of Animal Kingdom and the train boarding at the Transportation Center. Then you can opt to take a rail journey into Animal Kingdom like taking an old fashioned railway into an underdeveloped area. This would fit in very well with the entire "Exploration Expedition" theme of Animal Kingdom. Yeah....very expensive, but an elevated railway would add such a charm to Animal Kingdom....

Thoughts?

alissafalco

I know the expense would most likely be huge, but the more I think about it the more I would like to see the Monorail expanded to Disney's Hollywood Studios (if possible). Right now the convenience of hopping from Magic Kingdom to Epcot is very nice, but the park hopping appeal is seriously cut down by not being able to hop to DHS. That is something I would like to see.

But now let's tackle the BIG wish......A railroad to Animal Kingdom.

Imagine, a moderately sized train station just outside of Animal Kingdom and the train boarding at the Transportation Center. Then you can opt to take a rail journey into Animal Kingdom like taking an old fashioned railway into an underdeveloped area. This would fit in very well with the entire "Exploration Expedition" theme of Animal Kingdom. Yeah....very expensive, but an elevated railway would add such a charm to Animal Kingdom....

Thoughts?

Yeah, you and everybody else.....

James122

I echo what Tom said. A train ride from the TTC to Animal Kingdom would be an impractical method of park hopping and it would also be quite lengthy. Unless there were actually sights to see along the way, it probably wouldn't be much of a draw either. Animal Kingdom's location is about as far from the TTC as you can get without going off the property.

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
That would be a very long train ride.

It actually won't be that long of a train ride. It is about 5.1 miles from the TTC to Animal Kingdom using the roads.
By bus, using the Disney route, that would be a VERY long ride. However.....

If you take the straight line route to Animal Kingdom (and use the Pythagorean Theorem) you get a good rough estimate of about 3.5 miles straight from the TTC to Animal Kingdom.

3.5 or 4 miles would be maybe 10 to 15 minutes non-stop, direct shot to Animal Kingdom.

Disneyhead'71

An "as the crows fly" route wouldn't be an out of the question park hopping option. And would be infinitely more enjoyable experience than the busses. I have to say, I loathe the busses. I think I'd rather take an hour long Pedicab ride than the busses. And it would be quite possible and probably cost efficient too. Trains aren't very expensive to build and maintain if you already own the right of way.

FettFan

They could call it the Warthog's Express.
char_4975.jpg

Take THAT, Universal!

Oh and it'll never happen.

afar28

That would be awesome. I really wish that they could make a way of transportation besides the buses to the other two parks

darrelljon

I know this is an old topic but since resort hotels introduced parking charges in 2018, the need is more pressing.
A train system should be constructed to serve Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All-Star Resorts and Coronado Springs (the Animal Kingdom resort area). These large popular areas are only served by bus and Minnie van and are several miles from anywhere else. This is in contrast to Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I've never been as big a fan as others here of the monorail, which would be too expensive to extend to here anyway. So I'm envisaging non-elevated heavy rail (or light rail track if a cheaper option was required). I'm not keen on trying to theme it as an attraction any more than theming any other normal transport. It is efficiency that would be the main aim.

stitchcastle

This would be great if you turned the TTC into a central hub for the entire resort. It would require a ton of infrastructure changes so that all guest traffic would be diverted towards it instead of to each park/attraction.

just adding onto it, if you made it so that basically all of Disney Springs and a large amount of Resorts and Hotels were in or around the TTC, creating a sort of Disney World City Center where the TTC itself is the Grand Central station that acts as an entry way to the four parks, that would be pretty magical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom