A Touch of Disney begins March 18, 2021

MarvelCharacterNerd

Someone at TDA may be very mad that they "extended" the DCA food fest 2 weeks longer into April yesterday.
The four weeks of the festival gives them four weeks to recall and retrain CM's, reorder & restock supplies and start to regularly/daily cycle attraction equipment. Even if theoretically they could open the parks April 1, it would be a stretch on a practical level.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they still extended the festival again till the end of April. They need the maintenance and training time. And part of running the festival IS retraining CM's and observing how to deal with larger crowds than they're currently getting.

flutas

The four weeks of the festival gives them four weeks to recall and retrain CM's, reorder & restock supplies and start to regularly/daily cycle attraction equipment. Even if theoretically they could open the parks April 1, it would be a stretch on a practical level.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they still extended the festival again till the end of April. They need the maintenance and training time. And part of running the festival IS retraining CM's and observing how to deal with larger crowds than they're currently getting.

I was thinking more along the lines of "it makes training CMs harder for DCA." As well as "Harder to do a media preview for Avengers Campus, except for on Weds/Thu."

TP2000

I did. I have tickets on 3 separate dates, but only because of visitors who want the Disneyland experience. I'm also going to Knotts on Saturday and am picking a date for Universal. I found the festivals are a great way to entertain out of town guests when the theme parks aren't fully open...

That's funny, because I had family from the rainy Pacific Northwest break the news to me that they aren't coming to SoCal this spring because "everything" (meaning Disneyland and restaurants) is still closed. They are going skiing in Idaho, and then the adults are going to Las Vegas instead.

They are not Vegas type people at all and have never been, but Disneyland being closed got them to think outside the box this year.

I will be honest and say that I was kind of happy to get out of hosting duties. :cool:

Sailor310

That's funny, because I had family from the rainy Pacific Northwest break the news to me that they aren't coming to SoCal this spring because "everything" (meaning Disneyland and restaurants) is still closed. They are going skiing in Idaho, and then the adults are going to Las Vegas instead.

They are not Vegas type people at all and have never been, but Disneyland being closed got them to think outside the box this year.

I will be honest and say that I was kind of happy to get out of hosting duties. :cool:
We won't tell anybody.

SuddenStorm

Disneyland being closed got them to think outside the box this year.

Ain't that the truth! For the first time ever I'm considering making the trip out to Walt Disney World. I'm a huge fan of Disneyland Park- not necessarily Disney Parks as a whole. My trip to Disneyland Paris got cancelled because of Covid, so I have like $1000 in airline credit I need to use before it expires.

It's not Vegas, but I'd say it's thinking outside the box as far as my vacation interests go.

TP2000

Ain't that the truth! For the first time ever I'm considering making the trip out to Walt Disney World. I'm a huge fan of Disneyland Park- not necessarily Disney Parks as a whole. My trip to Disneyland Paris got cancelled because of Covid, so I have like $1000 in airline credit I need to use before it expires.

It's not Vegas, but I'd say it's thinking outside the box as far as my vacation interests go.

Do it! You'll love it, there's a few really fun attractions there, especially at Epcot; Spaceship Earth, American Adventure, Test Track.

And I guarantee you'll return with a newfound fondness for Disneyland. :cool:

SuddenStorm

Do it! You'll love it. And I guarantee you'll return with a newfound fondness for Disneyland.

It's interesting. For the last six months since I graduated, the topic of what I want to pursue as a career seems to keep popping up among friends and people I meet.

And my answer is usually Disneyland- though recently it's a far more hesitant answer both because the park's closed, and because California has really shown itself to not be the best place to launch a career in an expendable industry.

People's usual response is "Disney World's open! Get a job there!" and they never seem to understand when I try and explain why I'm interested in one, and not the other.

TP2000

It's interesting. For the last six months since I graduated, the topic of what I want to pursue as a career seems to keep popping up among friends and people I meet.

And my answer is usually Disneyland- though recently it's a far more hesitant answer both because the park's closed, and because California has really shown itself to not be the best place to launch a career in an expendable industry.

People's usual response is "Disney World's open! Get a job there!" and they never seem to understand when I try and explain why I'm interested in one, and not the other.

Yes, I can only imagine what it must be like to be a young person in California trying to launch their career and life and family in 2021. It's not a hospitable place to be for anyone who doesn't yet have their home paid off and their life settled and lived. :(

It didn't used to be like this. California used to be known as the land of opportunity. But opportunity packed up and moved to Utah and Texas and Tennessee. Or even Florida. :eek:

fctiger

I'm not yet done with their WDW vlogs and they're already back in California. They are really die hard fans.

Wow this was great to see. I know Dylan was very excited to be able to walk the park again! I know I would be (but not for $75 lol). Anyway, a sense of normalcy is finally coming back to these parks and it's nice A Touch of Disney is a prelude to full opening again by next month!

fctiger

How does the fool going to Touch of Disney on April 28th feel? Lol

I’d be kind of ****ed if I bought Touch of Disney tickets two days before the announcements of the parks reopening.

I think the event only runs through April 19th, right? Or did they add more dates.

And honestly, if people don't want to go now, I'm pretty sure they can call the park and request a refund. One thing about Disney, if you really changed your mind about something, they usually don't put up a fight much and give you back your money if it hasn't been used yet. They certainly understand the situation.

davis_unoxx

Yes, I can only imagine what it must be like to be a young person in California trying to launch their career and life and family in 2021. It's not a hospitable place to be for anyone who doesn't yet have their home paid off and their life settled and lived. :(

It didn't used to be like this. California used to be known as the land of opportunity. But opportunity packed up and moved to Utah and Texas and Tennessee. Or even Florida. :eek:
Totally true! I'm at OCC in Costa Mesa 20 years old, have over six figures trading stocks got lucky off the Gamestop saga two months ago... Still a Massachusetts resident but considering transferring to a school in Florida just to save on taxes! California charges 13.33% tax on sort term capital gains which is crazy, luckily Massachusetts has a flat income tax rate of 5%.

CaptinEO

I think the event only runs through April 19th, right? Or did they add more dates.

And honestly, if people don't want to go now, I'm pretty sure they can call the park and request a refund. One thing about Disney, if you really changed your mind about something, they usually don't put up a fight much and give you back your money if it hasn't been used yet. They certainly understand the situation.
Despite the cluster with AP refunds, its important to remember they technically didn't have to refund anyone. The pass terms take away their liability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom