A Touch of Disney begins March 18, 2021

Stevek

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

>>Universal Studios Hollywood announced that it will open its gates for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic began in March 2020 with Taste of Universal.

The outdoor dining and shopping experience is the first step in the theme park’s re-opening plan and includes access to specific themed lands from noon-7 p.m. on select Fridays-Sundays beginning Friday, March 12. Guests will get a first look at the new “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash” attraction shop and pet store; the all-new “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” Minion Cafe; Hogsmeade Village inside “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “The Simpsons’ Springfield, U.S.A.”

Tickets are $44-$49 for adults and $25 for children ages 3-9 at universalstudioshollywood.com. The ticket includes a choice of five menu items (three for children) from a large menu featuring appetizers, entrees, beverages, desserts and vegan and vegetarian options. Additional items can be purchased a la carte. In total, there are 70 culinary options, 30 of which are new to the theme park.

Some of the offerings include Krusty Burgers, Lard Lad Donuts and Suds McDuff’s Hot Dogs from “The Simpsons’ Springfield, U.S.A.” and treats from Honeydukes and fish and chips from Three Broomsticks inside “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.”

The Hollywood & Dine section will feature queso street tacos, loaded nachos and elote corn on the cob with lime crema from Cocina Mexicana, hot chicken sandwiches, clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, pizza, brisket sliders with caramelized onions, Korean hot dogs and mini funnel cakes. The City Snack Shop will have giant pretzels, spicy pomegranate glazed turkey legs and the all-new Crepewich with sweet and savory options.

Taste of Universal will also be the debut of the Minion Cafe which will include grilled cheese sandwiches with meatballs, chicken and bacon mac and cheese and Nutella banana pudding.

There will also be photo ops throughout the event and characters from various franchises like “Trolls,” “Despicable Me” and “Kung Fu Panda” will be on-site for socially distanced meet-and-greets.<<

"Taste of Universal"? subtle jab there at Knott's. Is there really enough interest in a Universal type festival?

Disney Analyst

Looks to have sold out?

1614907261469.png

Darkbeer1

>>The new food festival coming to Disney California Adventure has proven so popular that Disneyland has extended the event just a few hours after fans feverishly snapped up tickets as soon as they went on sale.

A Touch of Disney ticket sales have been extended by an additional two weeks due to the popularity of the experience, according to Disneyland officials.

A Touch of Disney will start on March 18 at Disney California Adventure and will now run through at least April 19 with additional dates to be added on a rolling basis. The event — which was originally scheduled to run through April 5 — will run five days a week on Thursdays through Mondays from noon to 8 p.m.<<

DLR>WDW

My goodness... TDA must be on cloud nine. They can charge theme park level entry prices without even having to operate one of the most costly aspects of a theme park! No shows, no rides.. nothin’! Hallelujah. Can’t even imagine the demand (and prices) for when they actually open.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

"A Touch of Disney ticket sales have been extended by an additional two weeks due to the popularity of the experience, according to Disneyland officials."

oh please . they don't know if the event itself is good let alone popular. the tickets were in demand. doesn't mean people actually like the experience yet. what a stupid statement to make.

Darkbeer1

My goodness... TDA must be on cloud nine. They can charge theme park level entry prices without even having to operate one of the most costly aspects of a theme park! No shows, no rides.. nothin’! Hallelujah. Can’t even imagine the demand (and prices) for when they actually open.

Well, think about when the parks actually re-open.

All full priced tickets, single park, and maybe only part of the day.

And so long as they sell out, or get close to it, no "Membership" program.

flutas

I'm happy for them to get money coming in that they've been missing.

I'm worried this is going to be a sign to them along the lines of "hey you should increase single day tickets to $300 for both parks because fans will pay whatever you ask."

TP2000

I'm happy for them to get money coming in that they've been missing.

I'm worried this is going to be a sign to them along the lines of "hey you should increase single day tickets to $300 for both parks because fans will pay whatever you ask."

In the first few weeks, maybe two months, after Disneyland reopens they'll be able to get that.

But eventually, the pent-up demand is no longer pent-up. I'd give it 60 to 90 days to cycle through the crazies and former AP's.

Disneyland will have been closed for 15 to 18 months by the time it reopens, and there will be incredible pent-up demand. But not unlimited pent-up demand. It won't last forever.

Like after World War II ended and people could buy cars again in 1946 for the first time since early 1942, and there was years of pent-up demand. But by 1948 that demand had been satisfied, and car companies went back to the usual cyclical car selling business with some years slower than others.

If TDA is smart, they'll charge an arm and a leg to get into Disneyland for those first 60 days, before the demand subsides. They'd be smart to make that extra money when they can! Let's just hope their reopening product is better than "Walk Around A Closed Theme Park And Eat $25 Worth Of Food For $75. Plus PhotoPass!" 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom