A Touch of Disney begins March 18, 2021

Darkbeer1

>>Universal Studios Hollywood announced that it will open its gates for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic began in March 2020 with Taste of Universal.

The outdoor dining and shopping experience is the first step in the theme park’s re-opening plan and includes access to specific themed lands from noon-7 p.m. on select Fridays-Sundays beginning Friday, March 12. Guests will get a first look at the new “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash” attraction shop and pet store; the all-new “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” Minion Cafe; Hogsmeade Village inside “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “The Simpsons’ Springfield, U.S.A.”

Tickets are $44-$49 for adults and $25 for children ages 3-9 at universalstudioshollywood.com. The ticket includes a choice of five menu items (three for children) from a large menu featuring appetizers, entrees, beverages, desserts and vegan and vegetarian options. Additional items can be purchased a la carte. In total, there are 70 culinary options, 30 of which are new to the theme park.

Some of the offerings include Krusty Burgers, Lard Lad Donuts and Suds McDuff’s Hot Dogs from “The Simpsons’ Springfield, U.S.A.” and treats from Honeydukes and fish and chips from Three Broomsticks inside “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.”

The Hollywood & Dine section will feature queso street tacos, loaded nachos and elote corn on the cob with lime crema from Cocina Mexicana, hot chicken sandwiches, clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, pizza, brisket sliders with caramelized onions, Korean hot dogs and mini funnel cakes. The City Snack Shop will have giant pretzels, spicy pomegranate glazed turkey legs and the all-new Crepewich with sweet and savory options.

Taste of Universal will also be the debut of the Minion Cafe which will include grilled cheese sandwiches with meatballs, chicken and bacon mac and cheese and Nutella banana pudding.

There will also be photo ops throughout the event and characters from various franchises like “Trolls,” “Despicable Me” and “Kung Fu Panda” will be on-site for socially distanced meet-and-greets.<<

Darkbeer1

>>Universal Studios Hollywood announced that it will open its gates for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic began in March 2020 with Taste of Universal.

The outdoor dining and shopping experience is the first step in the theme park’s re-opening plan and includes access to specific themed lands from noon-7 p.m. on select Fridays-Sundays beginning Friday, March 12. Guests will get a first look at the new “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash” attraction shop and pet store; the all-new “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” Minion Cafe; Hogsmeade Village inside “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “The Simpsons’ Springfield, U.S.A.”

Tickets are $44-$49 for adults and $25 for children ages 3-9 at universalstudioshollywood.com. The ticket includes a choice of five menu items (three for children) from a large menu featuring appetizers, entrees, beverages, desserts and vegan and vegetarian options. Additional items can be purchased a la carte. In total, there are 70 culinary options, 30 of which are new to the theme park.

Some of the offerings include Krusty Burgers, Lard Lad Donuts and Suds McDuff’s Hot Dogs from “The Simpsons’ Springfield, U.S.A.” and treats from Honeydukes and fish and chips from Three Broomsticks inside “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.”

The Hollywood & Dine section will feature queso street tacos, loaded nachos and elote corn on the cob with lime crema from Cocina Mexicana, hot chicken sandwiches, clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, pizza, brisket sliders with caramelized onions, Korean hot dogs and mini funnel cakes. The City Snack Shop will have giant pretzels, spicy pomegranate glazed turkey legs and the all-new Crepewich with sweet and savory options.

Taste of Universal will also be the debut of the Minion Cafe which will include grilled cheese sandwiches with meatballs, chicken and bacon mac and cheese and Nutella banana pudding.

There will also be photo ops throughout the event and characters from various franchises like “Trolls,” “Despicable Me” and “Kung Fu Panda” will be on-site for socially distanced meet-and-greets.<<

Tickets on sale NOW! No queue needed.

DavidNoble

If this “launch” of an overpriced food festival is a small preview of what we can expect when the park actually reopens this should be a lot of fun! 😂

I saw on Twitter that Disney had to 'pause' sales (though tickets were still available). Yeah, it's going to be a mad house of people trying to get in on the first day that DLR reopens.

Stevek

Well, pretty much what was predicted. People are eating this up.

Was listening to 2 different Disney podcasts today and not surprising to hear them raving about it given these are the most hardcore folks with pixie dust in the veins. They all say how $40 just to be in the park is a bargain...one even said she'd pay the $75 just to sit in a Disney park on a bench all day. Regardless of those of use that have pooped on this event, Disney knows there market and there are more than enough people like the podcast crews above that will pay whatever Disney charges, moreso as we have all dealt with the pandemic.

SevenSevens

one even said she'd pay the $75 just to sit in a Disney park on a bench all day. Regardless of those of use that have pooped on this event, Disney knows there market and there are more than enough people like the podcast crews above that will pay whatever Disney charges, moreso as we have all dealt with the pandemic.

No one tell them that they've been able to do that for free with the opening of Buena Vista St, which is now going back behind a pay wall.

AJFireman

1614886020564.png

Due to popular demand its been extended 2 weeks. Probably all part of the plan get the demand up by only having 3 weeks available and then boom release 2 more weeks. The permit does go until June so curious how far they might extend it for this initial push .

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Well, pretty much what was predicted. People are eating this up.

Was listening to 2 different Disney podcasts today and not surprising to hear them raving about it given these are the most hardcore folks with pixie dust in the veins. They all say how $40 just to be in the park is a bargain...one even said she'd pay the $75 just to sit in a Disney park on a bench all day. Regardless of those of use that have pooped on this event, Disney knows there market and there are more than enough people like the podcast crews above that will pay whatever Disney charges, moreso as we have all dealt with the pandemic.
I think I’m going to just give up and use that $75 towards my potential trip to Orlando next year for the 50th Anniversary. $75 already pays for a one way flight to MCO.

AJFireman

Finally got on at 2:20pm. Both Mondays and the 2nd Thurs where still available and pretty much all of April except Saturdays where available. As I finished my purchase you could go back in and select more tickets if you wanted to. I checked the Calendar for March seemed to be Sold out but if you kept refreshing a day here or there might reappear so not sure if the system is kicking tickets back as others didn't complete their purchase. April all days where available other then Saturdays.

This is my Neices and I thing to visit the parks and its more then just food to us. We also enjoy the photo ops that have been at other events and she is excited to see the Characters even if from afar.

Stevek

I think I’m going to just give up and use that $75 towards my potential trip to Orlando next year for the 50th Anniversary. $75 already pays for a one way flight to MCO.
What airline are you flying? I know Frontier has lower rates. We are looking at $250/person round trip which is pretty darn good.

Stevek

View attachment 537184

Due to popular demand its been extended 2 weeks. Probably all part of the plan get the demand up by only having 3 weeks available and then boom release 2 more weeks. The permit does go until June so curious how far they might extend it for this initial push .
I gotta believe the next time they extend dates it will be closer to $100/ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom