Trip Report A Total Eclipse of the Park *COMPLETED*

Not quite.

And apologies to Bonnie Tyler for parodying her hit song title from 1983 (although that was a very good year :inlove:.)

So if you want to turn around and not read further I’ll understand. After 17 trip reports in less than four years you are probably sick of me. Heck, I am sick of me! But after a few requests from you kind people for another report I decided to forge ahead.

Unlike my last epistle, this will not take me four months to complete. First, this trip was shorter. Second, there is no live section which needs to be expanded later. Third, I’m heading back to the World in 2.5 weeks and then into the holiday season ~ so I’m giving myself a “Do or Die” deadline.

Let’s get started.

Who? Tuvalu and Woody
What? End of summer getaway
Where? Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
When? August 19-22, 2017
Why? There has to be a why? ;)

It certainly wasn’t to witness the eclipse. In fact when I booked I didn’t even realize our dates coincided with the eclipse. We live within two hours of the path of totality and missed a viewing party with friends who delighted in watching the total phenomenon. Instead Woody and I got to experience.....

Well, you’ll have to wait to find out.

Here we are on arrival day. Can you tell the photographer was earning his ears?
50F98EE4-A990-4D5A-A4CC-B9AB9815DF85.jpeg

I’m proudly wearing the dress that was instrumental in our free Pirate Cruise. (For context please see my July TR.)

Stay tuned for this trip’s shenanigans.

AKemily

Woohoo! Another Tuvalu report! I hope I will finally be involved from the beginning of the report to the end... I always seem to join half way through. My favourite part of that picture is the little man in the Mickey shirt standing between your heads :joyfull: Unless that was what the photographer was going for, I hope they earn their ears sooner rather than later! :in pain:

Kiwiduck

Bring it on! There is something not quite right about a trip reports board without a Tuvalu trip report. The more the merrier.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woohoo! Another Tuvalu report! I hope I will finally be involved from the beginning of the report to the end... I always seem to join half way through. My favourite part of that picture is the little man in the Mickey shirt standing between your heads :joyfull: Unless that was what the photographer was going for, I hope they earn their ears sooner rather than later! :in pain:
I did not notice “Mickey man” until you pointed him out! Our photographer had perfected his background focus ability as you can see. :rolleyes:

I'm in! And I was in the World at the same time, wonder if our paths crossed!
I seem to recall a previous comment where you said you saw me......;) :D

Bring it on! There is something not quite right about a trip reports board without a Tuvalu trip report. The more the merrier.

I'm excited to read another one of your reports.

Whoohoo the fun continues. :joyfull:
Welcome back, friends!

Can't stop drinking the Kool=Aid. I'm in for another TR!! :p
Oh dear.....I certainly don’t want to be your Jim Jones.....
(Millennials ~ see Wikipedia)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am so happy you started this!
Well you are one of my sweet followers who requested it. :happy:

Been patiently waiting for this one! Ya know, since we were there then as well;)
And now you’ll discover all the places I was hiding from you....:cool: :joyfull:

Wow another report already yeah!
Wondering if your 'Fur Babies' even know who you are at this point! Lol :cat::cat:
Oh they know...just ask Woody!

Can't wait to read this trip report, like always. Maybe I'll acctually post on it rather than lurking. Maybe.
Come out of the shadows, it’s safe here! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom