A Thank You To Our Insiders

Nottamus

The wife and I have been visiting WDW since 2014—an era that some “long timers” here already thought Disney was losing its magic

for us it was all new. 100% magic. We bought DVC and come back two times a year

every year we lose a little something …but still go.

Now we will all get older and stop going at some point and all these “new timers” will start going from today on—-and it will be 100% magic for them.
Maybe that’s how it’s supposed to work anyway.

roads get old…get repaved—-wear down get repaved

just the circle of life

britain

I must concede, if they keep the Harper Goff design, I'd be very happy if this succeeds. If told with heart, gravity, and wonder, you could have a new Tomorrowland attraction in the making here.

Not that I care anymore! You've lost me, Disney, lost me!

Haymarket2008

I truly with every fiber of my being hate to tell you I told you so, but ... I did see it coming.

Both with the destruction of our American society and of the quality and magic that came out of TWDC. I take not an iota of pleasure for being right. But I was. I am.

You may not agree with me. That just makes you either knowingly blind or uncaring.

And things are going to get worse in both areas.

But I need to get back to Regions Beyond before my suspicious wife notices I'm gone ...

~Really Carlye? No, like REALLY?!?!~

For the love of all things holy, please just drop one of those GOOOOOD insider scoops about what is or isn’t coming in the parks. We’re starving out here!

Steel City Magic

I moved out of florida and put a few more years of school behind me since I last posted pre pandemic (put a few inches of hairline behind me too lol), but I can't agree more with the OP. I may swing by WDW before the anniversary is up, but it's few and far between for me nowadays with the direction that things are going with perks and management.

spresso81

Original Poster
I moved out of florida and put a few more years of school behind me since I last posted pre pandemic (put a few inches of hairline behind me too lol), but I can't agree more with the OP. I may swing by WDW before the anniversary is up, but it's few and far between for me nowadays with the direction that things are going with perks and management.

Thanks for the bump. Sadly, since I posted this, we have seen more negative changes. The Poly DVC may be the worst offender as it pretty much links up the Poly and GF which ruins Seven Seas Lagoon plus will loom over the Poly. Also, as seen in other posts most people dislike the new MK fireworks show and hate Harmonius and how it destroys World Showcase Lagoon.

As I mentioned in my first post, I was not swearing of WDW. I went on a large family vacation last November for the 50th. Most of our entire party felt the same way after leaving. We had fun but it paled in comparison to older trips. We were shocked that the Coronado Springs food court charged $21 for chicken tenders (that being said you could have dinner at Rix for less money). Maybe that really is the crux of the problem Disney knows a lot of Americans make poor financial decisions and there are enough of them to pay up for the diminished product we see today.

As for me, despite my now 3.5 year old son wanting to go to WDW again in the fall we are forgoing a trip (which would have ben inconceivable to me only a few short years ago) to WDW. Instead we are going to take the family to Hawaii and risk surviving the long plane flight with a toddler (his sister may have to hang out with her grandparents). If enough people make these choices, maybe things can improve in the future.

Trauma

Thanks for the bump. Sadly, since I posted this, we have seen more negative changes. The Poly DVC may be the worst offender as it pretty much links up the Poly and GF which ruins Seven Seas Lagoon plus will loom over the Poly. Also, as seen in other posts most people dislike the new MK fireworks show and hate Harmonius and how it destroys World Showcase Lagoon.

As I mentioned in my first post, I was not swearing of WDW. I went on a large family vacation last November for the 50th. Most of our entire party felt the same way after leaving. We had fun but it paled in comparison to older trips. We were shocked that the Coronado Springs food court charged $21 for chicken tenders (that being said you could have dinner at Rix for less money). Maybe that really is the crux of the problem Disney knows a lot of Americans make poor financial decisions and there are enough of them to pay up for the diminished product we see today.

As for me, despite my now 3.5 year old son wanting to go to WDW again in the fall we are forgoing a trip (which would have ben inconceivable to me only a few short years ago) to WDW. Instead we are going to take the family to Hawaii and risk surviving the long plane flight with a toddler (his sister may have to hang out with her grandparents). If enough people make these choices, maybe things can improve in the future.
We thank you for your sacrifice.

I hope you and your family can make it through these difficult times.

Lilofan

Have a great time in Hawaii. There are cheaper options in Honolulu like Chinatown and open air markets serving cooked and raw food but generally food is expensive in the islands. If you are coming from a 5 hour time difference I would force myself to stay up until 11pm HI time, one will be a zombie the first day but one can adjust to HI time in about a day. Aloha and Mahalo.

TikibirdLand

Have a great time in Hawaii. There are cheaper options in Honolulu like Chinatown and open air markets serving cooked and raw food but generally food is expensive in the islands. If you are coming from a 5 hour time difference I would force myself to stay up until 11pm HI time, one will be a zombie the first day but one can adjust to HI time in about a day. Aloha and Mahalo.
#1 recommendation, Thanks @Lilofan ! Our best memories of Oahu and Maui were finding those mom/pop lunch shops stuck inside strip centers all over the island. Most had both breakfast and lunch "plates" with local specials. Just about all the plates were served with steamed rice, even our breakfast! There's a big flea market at the University of Hawaii's statium during the week. Be sure to check that out for good deals on Aloha shirts and other souvenirs. I'm ready to go back. But, DW wants to go to Fla for Discovery Cove and Sea World. No Disney this trip.

Sorcerer Mickey

Yes, thanks to all our insiders over the decades who have given us scoop after scoop. However, if they've seen the current state of affairs coming for years and years, is it fair to blame only Chapek?

EPCOT-O.G.

Yes, thanks to all our insiders over the decades who have given us scoop after scoop. However, if they've seen the current state of affairs coming for years and years, is it fair to blame only Chapek?
No, of course not. But they're blinded by the megawatt smile of Josh, so they give him and other loyal lieutenants a pass

Lilofan

#1 recommendation, Thanks @Lilofan ! Our best memories of Oahu and Maui were finding those mom/pop lunch shops stuck inside strip centers all over the island. Most had both breakfast and lunch "plates" with local specials. Just about all the plates were served with steamed rice, even our breakfast! There's a big flea market at the University of Hawaii's statium during the week. Be sure to check that out for good deals on Aloha shirts and other souvenirs. I'm ready to go back. But, DW wants to go to Fla for Discovery Cove and Sea World. No Disney this trip.
Great memories in Honolulu. My first experience ordering the breakfast special years ago at the local McDonalds- white rice, fried spam, miso soup and scrambled eggs. There was a mom and pop Korean place near Kuhio Ave by Waikki Beach by the Hyatt. It opened at 7am and I went everyday at 7am, my stomach still thinks it was lunch time, we adjusted to HI time but it wasn't easy. The owner fixed me up grilled Korean barbeque , rice and all the side veggie plates . Very true , HI locals eat white rice for breakfast with their meat and whatever goes with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom