A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

clemmo

I gotta think once SWL opens they'd push something forward for DHS so it starts to look like a blended and well rounded park. I mean I seriously hope they're not just going to let launch bay building/animation courtyard sit...

csmat99

Disney needs more attractions in its third gate, period. Taking away GMR is so stupid. A couple of low capacity carnie rides in TSL and a couple of mid-capacity, going to be mindblowingly popular E-Tix in SW still leaves the park a mess with not nearly enough to do.

EDIT TO ADD: That also includes the MM ride. ... Even with all of the above, this park will be woefully short of things to do. Unless, you just want to gawk at details in the SWE. My guess is there's only so much of that OCD component before people want more attractions. And there is nothing major at all being planned yet when all of this is done. Plenty in blue sky and such.
There is no reason they can't add an E ticket GotG roller coaster at DHS and another C type ride along with stores and restaurants to support it like a mini land that could support future expansion. I don't know what park to put it but to have the huge ferris wheel like DCA has would be great as well. Those movable cars that slide around are a crowd pleaser and scares the little ones and some old people as well which is always good. But enough of this redoing rides or re-theming them. Use the land that Disney has stop acting like it's Disneyland and you don't have much room to grow. Stop using the land for just DVC, new roads for busses, and another mall store.

aladdin2007

Absolutely, positively ... NOT!

Disney knows what can and can't be used at WDW. GotG can be used. But there have been questions raised internally whether it really is a good idea to do so (yes, there's more to this ...unfortunately, this is all I can say right now) and just what that means.

Good to know there are some people left in Disney's office halls who get that,,there are a few other things they need to raise questions about but I guess when you get right down to it chappie is going to get what he wants to get no matter what..but for me personally,I still hope they dont turn our stunning tower into that tacky eyesore of a thing cali got.

aladdin2007

There is no reason they can't add an E ticket GotG roller coaster at DHS and another C type ride along with stores and restaurants to support it like a mini land that could support future expansion. I don't know what park to put it but to have the huge ferris wheel like DCA has would be great as well. Those movable cars that slide around are a crowd pleaser and scares the little ones and some old people as well which is always good. But enough of this redoing rides or re-theming them. Use the land that Disney has stop acting like it's Disneyland and you don't have much room to grow. Stop using the land for just DVC, new roads for busses, and another mall store.

THIS!!! if only the execs understood that.

RSoxNo1

Absolutely, positively ... NOT!

Disney knows what can and can't be used at WDW. GotG can be used. But there have been questions raised internally whether it really is a good idea to do so (yes, there's more to this ...unfortunately, this is all I can say right now) and just what that means.
I would think this is something more substantial than brand confusion. You've already indicated that the GotG appearance in Infinity War has no bearing on this, so I'm curious as to what the hang up would be. The fanboi thought would be that a deal is in the works with Universal to either acquire more characters or concede more characters.

Donaldfan1934

Marketing campaign's straight out of the sort of 90s ironic edge that DCA was originally built on.

Also, nothing says good writing like taking a line directly from the Hotel Mario intro.

What's so bad about this marketing? I think having any form of 90's influence automatically makes it better than almost all of the other marketing campaigns Disney has had this decade.

PizzaPlanet

Every time I start to think Mission BREAKOUT! might be fun, I look at a before and after photo of the building. This was so much nicer to look at:
a45697b0e67eed40f57bf97204b367d2

PorterRedkey

It is mind-blowingly short-sighted that they are not at least keeping GMR (and updating it--the ride concept is still wonderful) and building a new Mickey ride. It wouldn't solve the park's issues at all, but the last thing they should be doing is repealing and replacing GMR.

Happy to hear WDW is going soft on GotG for Epcot. Not that I'm suggesting it will be, but it would be a clear winner as a new ride at DHS, which still needs more rides (as you suggest) and would be an appropriate park for GotG.
I know this is sacrilege around here, but I would rather get a GotG ride in UoE over losing the GMR. EPCOT Center is gone. :cry:
GMR is the perfect centerpiece for a park about movies. GMR just needs to be updated and Mickey needs to be in the Animation Courtyard. DHS need more rides.

Even Disney only lists 14 "attractions" for DHS on the Disney App. 5 rides and the other 9 are shows or MnG's

180º

And Tokyo's is better still
Tokyo's is absolutely goregeous, but I think it suffers a little bit from the squatty, top-heavy chair shape of the newer towers. WDW's is just...perfect.

Funny enough, I think the Guardians tower makes much better use of the building's awkward shape than the pueblo-deco tower did. Pueblo-deco tower was visually divided into horizontal registers, which just made it look more blocky and square. But I still think M:B's detailing and color scheme are unforgivably, offensively hideous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom