A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm lukewarm on it, at best. Mostly because it just reeks of a Disney Money Grab©.

The Rebels steal the Death Star plans
Not sure if an accurate source...but I found a synopsis of the film
episode-4-crawl_24e24e6f.jpeg

:joyfull:

Princess Leia

Reviews so far seem to be mixed. Some like Felicity Jones, others don't. Most seem to like the darker tone. Quite a few are unsure about Krennic, the big bad. One review (I think it was from the New York Times) felt like it had to guard the plot of the movie... even though practically any Star Wars fan can figure out what it's about through the trailers alone. Something else that's getting mixed reviews is the use of CGI to bring back a character who's actor has been deceased for years, or to bring one back because the actor/actress is now too old (it didn't state who the latter was, but I have a pretty good idea considering the timeline of the movie).

asianway

Reviews so far seem to be mixed. Some like Felicity Jones, others don't. Most seem to like the darker tone. Quite a few are unsure about Krennic, the big bad. One review (I think it was from the New York Times) felt like it had to guard the plot of the movie... even though practically any Star Wars fan can figure out what it's about through the trailers alone. Something else that's getting mixed reviews is the use of CGI to bring back a character who's actor has been deceased for years, or to bring one back because the actor/actress is now too old (it didn't state who the latter was, but I have a pretty good idea considering the timeline of the movie).
If you can guess, best to use the spoiler tag

StevieRay

Neither of these statements are true.

- Captain America: Civil War was the highest grossing film of 2016, so far... (could be overtaken by Rogue One based on initial reactions)
- Frozen is the highest-grossing animated film of all time.

Finding Dory had the highest grossing opening weekend for an animated film in North America.
I'm sorry I should have said in the U.S Then I think you will see that both of my statements are true. Finding Dory 486,000,000+ Captain America 408,000,000+ Frozen 400,000,000+ domestic box office. My point was it was an incredibly successful and loved movie.

Cesar R M

$45...sales tax included. So generous. It looks like the stuff that's thrown in the Cici's dumpster at the end of the day.
Makes me wonder.. who actually would purchase a pizza for that price??

I guess the same would apply to you too.
So, Its not garbage just because you got them out of your butt? or some magical source only you know?
ysFLqgZ.gif

Id take Marni's word better.

I guess the same would apply to you too.
wober6d.gif

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I don't think the 'elevator (#28)' extends, if you look below #28 is attached to a track, basically you are on a roller coaster but the carriage is attached to a pole/arm extended in the air.
Then how it does simulate the jump? an arm goes up and down from the "elevator" to elevate the riders?

Cesar R M

Forbidden Journey was 90 million but Frozen Ever After was a reported 120 million? how is that even possible?
someone inflating prices a la hollywood accounting.

My biggest question is how are they expecting tourists of every size to ride this? Sure, they can do height and weight limits, but I'm 5'4" (actually 5'3 3/4", but I like to round up), and there's a bit of a height difference between me and my 6'1" tall coworker.
Second question- if this does come to fruition, what does this take the place of, and do they find a generic guy to portray/voice Tony Stark? I highly doubt that Uni will be able to use RDJ in their attraction.

I actually suspected that the armor doesnt completely surrounds you. Just "bits and parts".

Cesar R M

We're going to need to agree to disagree about Dory ;)
The Golden Globes don't have a history of sequel hate. Cars 2 and Despicable Me 2 have been nominated for the award, and Toy Story 3 and How to Train Your Dragon 2 have won. I just feel like with the sheer number of animated sequels coming out, the voters are going to sway in favor of the original movies (Secret Life of Pets felt a little too much like Toy Story to be truly original). Pixar has 3 sequels in production (and Coco). Of the two movies it has coming out next year, Coco probably has a better chance of being nominated.
Cars 2 was pretty bad.
but lets be honest.. The Oscars have been plagued by the disease called "The animated features do not interest me, therefore I will vote for disney or absent myself because Im too lazy to watch the others".

Cesar R M

A Very Potter Sequel, the follow up of A Very Potter Musical (the first fully filmed musical by Team Starkid). Idk how familiar you are with Glee, but Darren Criss helped create these shows (and starred as Mr. Harry Freakin' Potter himself).
Christ, as a gamer.. I swear I read that as "Alien versus predators" :hilarious::hilarious:

Cesar R M

Two people who worked on it. And a few other friends who... know stuff.

90 mil for the ride. Not the castle on top or anything else.

Bit harsh today aren't we?

And I don't drink.
Kinda surprising on how complex the ride is.. specially the broad movements that the kuka arms allow.

Cesar R M

I really wanted to see it, it just wasn't playing in a local theater (and I didn't feel like driving 30 minutes to see it. 20 minutes, sure, but not 30 lol)
Same here, no idea why it was completely ignored in ALL my town theaters..
but then, this is a company that hardly puts non a-titles online.
For example.. they JUST started showing SULLY 2 weeks ago.
And Its now available in bluray!

The amount of money a movie makes doesn't reflect its quality. I'm pretty sure Fifty Shades of Grey made a boatload of cash, and the Twilight Series also made some serious money.
One word.... Transformers...

Cesar R M

Neither of these statements are true.

- Captain America: Civil War was the highest grossing film of 2016, so far... (could be overtaken by Rogue One based on initial reactions)
- Frozen is the highest-grossing animated film of all time.

Finding Dory had the highest grossing opening weekend for an animated film in North America.
Moana is already above Frozen so far... on 20 days.

Besides, I wonder if the inflation and drop of the parity of many countries's currency vs USD dollar affected the levels of Finding Dory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom