A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Cesar R M

I'm gonna drop one blue and one colorless and un summon that abomination...,
I counter by Summoning Dakkon Blackblade.

I don't have the foggiest clue what you are talking about. "Predatory"?
Maybe he means predatory as in BUYING/MERGING/SABOTAGING/DUMPING.
instead of natural growth.

Mickey Mouse going crazy on South Park right now. I love this episode lol.
is it a new episode? I only seen the one where he kicks that boyband's leader while having his characteristic giggle.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Regular consumers are noticing too, not just us dorks. They're noticing that Disney's prices are increasingly out of their reach, that the heavily-advertised SW presence at DHS is a joke, and that they just paid $100 a pop to walk around a construction site.
Not that it isn't true, but based on what makes you think people are noticing?
if they cut down the plan for the coaster, then the already completely lame Toy Story Land retread is even more pathetic as that was really the only thing it had going for it... At this point I think they should just can the whole idea and come up with a better plan.
The plans with the second concept art have been out for a while, with a significantly cut area. The second version is very 'lame' indeed, considering what they are capable of coming up with with all these SW rumors going around. But you thought the first version was completely lame too? I thought it appeared incredibly fun, and the coaster looked amazing :)

Cesar R M

Remembah Horizons?
Remembah World of Motion?
I dont think the loss of Horizons and WOM has stopped affecting those who visited the park decades ago.
rightinthefeels.jpg

Oh I love to membah Horizons!
Membah Mesa Verde?

punchjarjar-701653.jpeg

enough with your MESA SIR!

Cesar R M

The main problem is when you say consumers. I'm willing to bet that we are equivalent to about .001% of Disney consumers. I know if that percentage of people are complaining about something I'm doing, I wouldn't listen to them either.
Maybe, but like all social sites.. We have a say in the information that is posted online and that might feed new and old Disney fans. While not everyone wants to engage into more than "click here to reserve your hotel". There are people who actually do research before they make jumps. And they might by chance end reading all the info on the forums.

I'm not going to blindly say Disney has never changed their minds. Most recently, they pulled the "Maui" Halloween costume out of fear of cultural backlash (Aladdin song lyrics were changed for that same reason). But I am genuinely curious to know when they have changed their mind on parks-related issues simply because people vocally expressed their frustration.

Unlike movies, which can later be altered with zero trouble in the next revisions or removing some cheap piece of merchandise.. Attractions are built to last.
And I dont think altering an attraction is that cheap.

Bairstow

you mean the part where it compares tomorrowland to fantastic four and declares it the second biggests bomb? I guess reading is hard..right?
".....Is a Bigger Bomb Than Fantastic Four"
Exactly. The article's (and my) point wasn't that Fantastic Four was a Disney movie (which you apparently felt the need to point out) but that Tomorrowland was an even more miserable failure at the box office than Fantastic Four was, itself already a notable financial boondoggle.

MotherOfBirds

Not that it isn't true, but based on what makes you think people are noticing?

They tell me. I've lived in Orlando my entire life and I meet tourists and local visitors alike on a daily basis. Their narrative is changing. They know they are paying more now than they did five years ago, but their ability to pay hasn't risen to meet it.

Mike S

I honestly dont mind a remake from there and here.
But like Spiderman.. they took it to ridicoulous levels.
Next decade we will have as many reboots as Superman died/lost his powers in the golden age of comics (aka every goddarn issue)
Can you imagine having 2 spiderman movies then another reboot next year.. then 3 batman reboots in 6 years..?
At least this'll be the last we see of a Spider-Man reboot. I did really like him when I finally saw Civil War recently.

CDavid

Oh c',mon. They really only shut down 2 attractions - Backlot Tour and LMA. And Backlot Tour should've been shut down years ago anyway, so no loss there.

When a park already suffers from an anemic attraction roster, the shuttering of two high capacity attractions represents a rather significant loss. That "Backlot Tour should've been shut down years ago anyway" is merely an opinion (though arguably a correct move), but even though the ride was getting a bit long in the tooth, its closure still reduces attraction capacity (again, in a park already begging for more to do).

That anybody PAYS that price to go there is wrong. And since you brought it up. Only 2 real attractions are gone. Backlot Tour should've been shut down years ago anyway. The others:

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
Studio Catering Co.
Meet & Greet: Mike and Sulley at Streets of America
Magic of Disney Animation
The Writer's Stop

A M&G, small store, and a lousy QS are no big losses. And the HISTKMSA wasn't a big loss to the majority either.

Seasonally, there is a tremendous loss in the Osborne Lights. Point is, shuttering so much of the park is a far greater loss than just two attractions.

Getting rid of Mr. Toad at MK was an improvement.

The removal of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at the Magic Kingdom was a regrettable loss.

Maybe it's cuz I'm a bit younger (early 20s), but I've really loved the Winnie the pooh ride at wdw since it opened. And when i got to visit Disneyland and ride mr toads for the first time a few years ago, I didn't see what all the fuss was about. It's a neat enough dark ride, but I think Pooh is better. Toad just didn't seem like this incredible classic Disney ride that iit would be tragedy to lose. What am I missing here that makes replacing it with Winnie the pooh such a mistake?

Winnie the Pooh is a good attraction (couldn't we have had the Tokyo version, though...), but Fantasyland in Florida has always been a bit lacking for dark rides, which is a primary argument why Toad should have been retained, with Pooh an addition rather than a replacement. Further, of the original Fantasyland dark rides, only Peter Pan survives (quite a contrast to Disneyland). Both Mr. Toad and Snow White are gone (notably, along with the Mickey Mouse Revue, Skyway, and 20,000 Leagues). That's a lot of Magic Kingdom history just thrown away.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
When a park already suffers from an anemic attraction roster, the shuttering of two high capacity attractions represents a rather significant loss. That "Backlot Tour should've been shut down years ago anyway" is merely an opinion (though arguably a correct move), but even though the ride was getting a bit long in the tooth, its closure still reduces attraction capacity (again, in a park already begging for more to do).

I will never argue that the park doesn't need more attractions - it does - and they are adding already. Should they have added more earlier - of course - but they didn't so no use crying over the past. Until then, while not every attraction is for everyone, there is still quite a few attractions that are open.

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Muppet*Vision 3D
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Fantasmic!
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Star Wars Launch Bay

Seasonally, there is a tremendous loss in the Osborne Lights. Point is, shuttering so much of the park is a far greater loss than just two attractions.

The removal of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at the Magic Kingdom was a regrettable loss.
I agree on the Osborne Lights, but not on Mr Toad. Your opinion, but not one shared by everyone. Different strokes.

Castle Cake Apologist

No different that being represented by fake trolls, don't you think?

I would say it's quite different, considering those "fake trolls" were there because they play a large role in Norwegian mythology. Not sure how Frozen is even comparable. Much of Maelstrom was there because the Norwegian government / tourism board wanted it to be there.

Maybe you're confused on what the point of World Showcase is.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I would say it's quite different, considering those "fake trolls" were there because they play a large roll in Norwegian mythology. Not sure how Frozen is even comparable. Much of Maelstrom was there because the Norwegian government wanted it to be there. Your argument is weak at best.
And yet when Disney went back to the Norwegian government to ask if they still wanted to participate, they said no. Again, the architecture of the exterior is still spot on, isn't it? The only change was a crappy ride for a much better ride. The ride that was there never had me wanting to visit Norway, and neither does the new one. Your opinion is different, and that's fine. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Castle Cake Apologist

And yet when Disney went back to the Norwegian government to ask if they still wanted to participate, they said no. Again, the architecture of the exterior is still spot on, isn't it? The only change was a crappy ride for a much better ride. The ride that was there never had me wanting to visit Norway, and neither does the new one. Your opinion is different, and that's fine. We'll have to agree to disagree.

It is my understanding that they said no because Disney asked them to pay a laughable amount of money to keep the ride centered around actual Norwegian culture.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It is my understanding that they said no because Disney asked them to pay a laughable amount of money to keep the ride centered around actual Norwegian culture.
Yet every other country continues to support their area, and even update them occasionally. So even though the ride is open (and we loved it - hated Maelstrom) you are still bitter about the placement? People need to move on. It's done, it's not changing. Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom