A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

LukeS7

It's already closed, and given what Martin has said, it gives credence to the rumor that was posted on Twitter that it was already being gutted.

Sorry!
I got to ride it back in March (which was my first time back in 4 years), so at least I got to ride it then. Glad we went in March because they changed so much after (they closed a third of Hollywood Studios a few weeks after we went for SWL and TSL). I thought they had only changed it to "seasonal operation" and not closed it entirely yet though?

Bairstow

I got to ride it back in March (which was my first time back in 4 years), so at least I got to ride it then. Glad we went in March because they changed so much after (they closed a third of Hollywood Studios a few weeks after we went for SWL and TSL). I thought they had only changed it to "seasonal operation" and not closed it entirely yet though?
Maybe that was a lie?
Whether there is still a side operating for the Christmas rush will be the real test.

AEfx

Maybe that was a lie?
Whether there is still a side operating for the Christmas rush will be the real test.

Very true. Good point.

So both may be correct then - they are already ripping one side out but still may open up the other side for the holiday rush. Completely forgot about that.

goldenstate5

Has any attraction ever gone "seasonal" but in actuality just closed for good by never opening again?

It has to be one side ripped out, I don't see why Disney wouldn't have just shuttered it for good instead. Not like it would've caused a lick of uproar.

Magenta Panther

That's never really been the issue. Just what marvel IP can be used. As more IP has been introduced not covered by the contact then the choice for WDW has grown.

Expect changes to the original contract anyway. Not that the details may ever be fully made public.

Epcot v3 seems to be the long term home of Marvel IP in WDW. DHS may have minor diversions but the meat is proposed to be in the second gate.

If that will save the Tower, then okay, but gah. I wish I could come here and read happy news for a change. I'm grateful for insiders like you, but ever since Chappie took over the parks, the rumors of late have been either meh or devastating. I'm all for change in the parks if they're the better for it. But all Chappie cares about is how the parks can be changed to move merchandise. Sickening.

Mike S

I cannot fathom a world without it, but how can Spaceship Earth survive in a park with lots of Marvel IP that doesn't fit in with the theme of Epcot?
:cry:
Or at least make Apple sponsor it and retheme accordingly.
I would be ok with that.
It's not like they are just going to put in fantasy rides with no theme. One thing that sets Marvel apart from DC is that a lot of the heroes are either scientists or have science backgrounds/scientific origins. I fully expect Disney to integrate the themes and not just abandon the concepts of the park. It really could be done - Stark Expo as a communicore replacement is a prime example. Just because it's themed to Marvel doesn't mean they couldn't still keep the edutainment angle.
Except they can't use Iron Man.
It won't be lots.

You'll still have The Land. And The Seas. And AmAd. For example.
Before I freak out irrationally, is this confirmation of SSE's fate?
Let me tell you a story, about an attraction called "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". ;)
Horizons and Timekeeper too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom